I Know What's Going on - Everything Makes Sense Now

ssj1236

Well I decided to look into what was going on with Fiverr and paid a visit to Alexa

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/fiverr.com

Fiverr experienced a crazy drop in rank and traffic and has been declining in ranking since January. Does anyone else know what happened in January? AT THAT EXACT TIME?

No? Lemme remind you all the PewDiePie Controversy! Fiverr has been losing traffic since January after the whole PewDiePie thing - there that answers all your questions.

This is mortifying to me, to be honest. I need to feed a family of 6 if I was alone I could make do while things turned around but right now I’m just an anxious mess thinking desperately how he’s going to get through the next month.

So before making a post about low traffic, orders or complaining, in general, please don’t. You already know what’s going on and support probably will make a post here when they decide on an algorithm to stick too!

So please, stop making all these posts about how you’re not getting sales. None of us are! So just wait it out and stop giving me a panic attack every time I come to the damn forum.

Thank You!

But no!! You can check people in first page have a ton of sales, and we average seller gigs didnt appear on search result, the problem is our gigs not appear, not low traffic!!

Yeah, like I said both issues are connected. The number of sales TRS get has reduced whereas some gigs (including mine) not getting more orders is because of Fiverr making changes in their algorithm.

Again, I’m just as desperate as everyone else not getting sales - maybe more. But please we need to stop bugging support and complaining on the forums. THAT DOESN’T HELP!
Fiverr Support can only help you when there is a technical issue not when your situation is the result of changes made to the site by developers.
Spamming CS will only result in actual people and buyers getting slower responses and Fiverr needs to be proactive right now.

Play your part and try to make Fiverr great again.

Yeah, like I said both issues are connected. The number of sales TRS get has reduced whereas some gigs (including mine) not getting more orders is because of Fiverr making changes in their algorithm.

Yeah fiverr must change their algorithm again to old one, the new one will be kill any average seller, its not a fair algorithm.

Just complain and speak out and make them know if the new algorithm is bad and kill us, if you silent fiverr just be like that.

Again, NO ONE FROM FIVERR READS THE FORUMS!!!

How have people not understood this yet?

This has been discussed a number of times.
One point nobody seems to mention is that the stats still show that the Alexa rank is much lower (which is better) than it was one year ago so assertions that Fiverr is dying are just wrong. Even the Alexa stats (which I dismiss as unreliable for this purpose in the link below) show that Fiverr has “improved” year on year.
favicon.icoFiverr Forum 65880_1.png

Fiverr Alexa Ranking going Down everyday!

In addition to what @babibalubi said above, it is important to know HOW Alexa ranks sites. Ranking is based on user visits AND pageviews, not just basic traffic numbers. For example, that big drop in January shown in the OP image is clearly due to...

This has been discussed a number of times.

One point nobody seems to mention is that the stats still show that the Alexa rank is much lower (which is better) than it was one year ago so assertions that Fiverr is dying are just wrong. Even the Alexa stats (which I dismiss as unreliable for this purpose in the link below) show that Fiverr has “improved” year on year.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 65880_1.png

Fiverr Alexa Ranking going Down everyday!

In addition to what @babibalubi said above, it is important to know HOW Alexa ranks sites. Ranking is based on user visits AND pageviews, not just basic traffic numbers. For example, that big drop in January shown in the OP image is clearly due to...

Yes, it has but this year is clearly turning out to be an exception. Alex isn’t the only source I confirmed this from. This drop in traffic is concerning, very concerning. An unnatural fall in traffic like this and according to many stats is pretty bad.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE THREAD THIS IS TO ENCOURAGE SELLERS TO BE THE FACE OF FIVERR BY OFFERING QUALITY SERVICES.

Yes, it has but this year is clearly turning out to be an exception. Alex isn’t the only source I confirmed this from. This drop in traffic is concerning, very concerning. An unnatural fall in traffic like this and according to many stats is pretty bad.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE THREAD THIS IS TO ENCOURAGE SELLERS TO BE THE FACE OF FIVERR BY OFFERING QUALITY SERVICES.

You didn’t read the link I take it:

In addition to what babibalubi said above, it is important to know HOW Alexa ranks sites. Ranking is based on user visits AND pageviews, not just basic traffic numbers.

For example, that big drop in January shown in the OP image is clearly due to the Forum changeover. The forum generates a lot of pageviews for Fiverr but not necessarily from buyers. It is likely that the Forum is a large part of that ranking.

Secondly, if reduced pageviews can cause a drop in Alexa ranking then actually, a good search algorithm will actually DECREASE the Alexa rank as people will find what they need at the first attempt and stop browsing so much! (Let’s not discuss the algorithm again, I’m just giving an example of how misleading Alexa rank is).

Ever wonder why those clickbaity sites like Buzzfeed etc split their articles into galleries and multiple pages? This is why; it helps manipulate Alexa rank and Google Analytics stats by forcing people to view multiple pages which is seen as positive by the statcounters. In reality though, it is just an irritation for users.

Before you decide to start applying this manipulation on your own site, remember that every time you try to fool Google is a risk - their next update could target sites that do that very thing!

Well I decided to look into what was going on with Fiverr and paid a visit to Alexa

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/fiverr.com

Fiverr experienced a crazy drop in rank and traffic and has been declining in ranking since January. Does anyone else know what happened in January? AT THAT EXACT TIME?

No? Lemme remind you all the PewDiePie Controversy! Fiverr has been losing traffic since January after the whole PewDiePie thing - there that answers all your questions.

This is mortifying to me, to be honest. I need to feed a family of 6 if I was alone I could make do while things turned around but right now I’m just an anxious mess thinking desperately how he’s going to get through the next month.

So before making a post about low traffic, orders or complaining, in general, please don’t. You already know what’s going on and support probably will make a post here when they decide on an algorithm to stick too!

So please, stop making all these posts about how you’re not getting sales. None of us are! So just wait it out and stop giving me a panic attack every time I come to the damn forum.

Thank You!

PewDiePie Controversy

So if traffic for Fiverr is dying…who or what is picking up the slack. As far as I can tell, Fiverr still doesn’t have any competition with a similar format worth mentioning.

I bet this thread ends up being a mile long with comments 🙂

PewDiePie Controversy

So if traffic for Fiverr is dying…who or what is picking up the slack. As far as I can tell, Fiverr still doesn’t have any competition with a similar format worth mentioning.

I bet this thread ends up being a mile long with comments 🙂

No! It just about bad algorithm!

In addition to what babibalubi said above, it is important to know HOW Alexa ranks sites. Ranking is based on user visits AND pageviews, not just basic traffic numbers.

For example, that big drop in January shown in the OP image is clearly due to the Forum changeover. The forum generates a lot of pageviews for Fiverr but not necessarily from buyers. It is likely that the Forum is a large part of that ranking.

Secondly, if reduced pageviews can cause a drop in Alexa ranking then actually, a good search algorithm will actually DECREASE the Alexa rank as people will find what they need at the first attempt and stop browsing so much! (Let’s not discuss the algorithm again, I’m just giving an example of how misleading Alexa rank is).

Ever wonder why those clickbaity sites like Buzzfeed etc split their articles into galleries and multiple pages? This is why; it helps manipulate Alexa rank and Google Analytics stats by forcing people to view multiple pages which is seen as positive by the statcounters. In reality though, it is just an irritation for users.

Before you decide to start applying this manipulation on your own site, remember that every time you try to fool Google is a risk - their next update could target sites that do that very thing!

Its about their gigs not appear on search engine!

That might be the case but this all seems connected to me. But that might be the crazy conspiracy theorist in me.

Well, I don’t think this post has any value anymore. Can you lock it or delete?

Its about their gigs not appear on search engine!

If you search something on Fiverr, gigs come up in the results, not a blank page.

What is happening with the algorithm is that different people are getting orders than used to. Those complaining had a really good run of being ranked highly and now others are getting a chance (deservedly or not, who knows) but the algorithm has not stopped Fiverr selling, just certain sellers.

Archived