I lost my top-rated seller badge

john_wilhelm

Sorry about this. But maybe its a blessing in disguise. I have seen several sellers who have TRS saying that the badge actually hurt their earnings. Not exactly sure how though.

I have seen several sellers who have TRS saying that the badge actually hurt their earnings.

Where have you seen that sort of claim?

I have seen several sellers who have TRS saying that the badge actually hurt their earnings.

I remember reading a rant from a TRS seller who was wondering if there was a way of stripping of the badge. I cant seem to find the link though. Here are some other related threads;

So, I’ve been thinking about this lately and considered adding it to an SLD thread or some other random joy or complaint thread. It would be depressing in a happy thread, though, and perhaps off-topic in a rant, so I decided to make a post. I don’t know how this will turn out, but I’m prepared for open discussion if anyone is interested. This IS going to be long because I’ve given this lots of thought, so I won’t apologize for it and it’s fine if no one reads it. I think this might be worth …
There is so much emphasis on being a TRS - the coveted title (just like Pro), but it’s only a level - a little bread nugget or carrot that Fiverr likes to hang in front of you. It’s just a level people! How do I know this? When I lost my TRS level back in August (because I wasn’t deemed worthy enough anymore), I didn’t care. I still do not care. In fact, I care less now more than ever! I don’t even miss the seven-day clearance anymore. I just put forth my best effort, and in the last two months…
Hi guys, I do admit it’s been a long time since my last post slightly_smiling_face But now I am back and wanted to check and see if any of you might also have a sudden sales drop. Searching for my gigs I now see that even copycats rank higher than me and I suppose it has something to do with maybe a new search algorithm? In any case I didn’t get any bad reviews or anything like that in fact my “standards” are impeccable screenshot.2018-11-13.thumb.jpg.22f8c1b8f02f634ec2f024b7408cff28.jpg . Maybe anyone can shed some light? Thank you, Stefan
I assume TRS would always take up the prime positions in search results , so I wanted to ask the TRS whether they achieved significant (100%+) increase in sales after becoming TRS?
Since the very first day that I started working on Fiverr I set my heart on one day reaching the level of Top Rated Seller. This has helped me keep on track with maintaining my stats and providing great customer service. Within a few months I was a Level Two seller and now, two years later, I am finally just a few hundred dollars away from meeting the last requirement of TRS. And upon realising that my goal is close, I’m facing a simple question: Why? Why should I apply to become a TRS? What ar…

I remember reading a rant from a TRS seller who was wondering if there was a way of stripping of the badge. I cant seem to find the link though. Here are some other related threads;

So, I’ve been thinking about this lately and considered adding it to an SLD thread or some other random joy or complaint thread. It would be depressing in a happy thread, though, and perhaps off-topic in a rant, so I decided to make a post. I don’t know how this will turn out, but I’m prepared for open discussion if anyone is interested. This IS going to be long because I’ve given this lots of thought, so I won’t apologize for it and it’s fine if no one reads it. I think this might be worth …
There is so much emphasis on being a TRS - the coveted title (just like Pro), but it’s only a level - a little bread nugget or carrot that Fiverr likes to hang in front of you. It’s just a level people! How do I know this? When I lost my TRS level back in August (because I wasn’t deemed worthy enough anymore), I didn’t care. I still do not care. In fact, I care less now more than ever! I don’t even miss the seven-day clearance anymore. I just put forth my best effort, and in the last two months…
Hi guys, I do admit it’s been a long time since my last post slightly_smiling_face But now I am back and wanted to check and see if any of you might also have a sudden sales drop. Searching for my gigs I now see that even copycats rank higher than me and I suppose it has something to do with maybe a new search algorithm? In any case I didn’t get any bad reviews or anything like that in fact my “standards” are impeccable [2018-11-13] . Maybe anyone can shed some light? Thank you, Stefan
I assume TRS would always take up the prime positions in search results , so I wanted to ask the TRS whether they achieved significant (100%+) increase in sales after becoming TRS?
Since the very first day that I started working on Fiverr I set my heart on one day reaching the level of Top Rated Seller. This has helped me keep on track with maintaining my stats and providing great customer service. Within a few months I was a Level Two seller and now, two years later, I am finally just a few hundred dollars away from meeting the last requirement of TRS. And upon realising that my goal is close, I’m facing a simple question: Why? Why should I apply to become a TRS? What ar…

Those are all very interesting threads, I remember most of them.

However, I don’t see anyone making the exact claim of how being a TRS hurt their bottom line.

I do see a pattern though:

-by gaining TRS status, almost all sellers choose to up their pricing, meaning they are breaking away from the audience that got them there initially. The slump in sales that follows a pricing spike is often perceived as some sort of “curse” or negative side effect of the badge itself.

-TRS brings extra stress, as it’s yet another thing you can lose, and it’s currently the most coveted badge on the platform (judging by the sheer amount of people asking about it on the forum)

I’m surprised no one has mentioned that becoming a TRS is a manual process. Unlike progressing to Level 1 and then Level 2, which are automatic promotions when you meet the defined criteria, becoming a Top Rated Seller relies on being handpicked by the Fiverr team. Therefore there is no guarantee.

Here is a reminder of the seller levels: https://www.fiverr.com/levels .

Archived