I’m quitting Fiverr (My gigs was suddenly moved to the last page of the search)

claireinsights

I started selling on Fiverr few months ago with my best selling gig https://www.fiverr.com/share/xE3L3Z and I made it to level one within 2months as a seller. So far, I’ve completed 29 orders with 27 reviews and they are all positive, I’m happy for that progress!

Unfortunately, I started noticing a drop in my stats (Impressions, Clicks and Orders), I noticed my 4Gigs are no more in search, after few research I found them in the last page of the search, I was so confused because I’m very careful there is no cancellation, I made every delivery on time and I’ve so far maintain a full ratings… I think if at all there should be any drop in search, It shouldn’t be straight to the last page from the front…

Well that made me conclude of quitting this platform and maybe start my own website or move on to other freelance site.

I’ve notice over time that fiverr customer support has no regards for their sellers and this is something that is bad

This was just my honest experience as a seller on fiverr. Fiverr is not a business that goes for long, Major reason I will like to quit and find a sustainable means of income.

Thanks for reading.

Well, obviously it’s up to you but you should know that this fluctuations in gigs position is perfectly normal. In my opinion, as you started recently selling on Fiverr, you should hang out on the platform a little longer. Don’t give up so easily.
Some sellers started their Fiverr’s journey back in the 2014 and they suffered the same shift in orders and ranking.
You could try to read a very useful post that is Welcome to “Fiverr 3.0”!

Good luck!

Drop research is something that happens when we hit lvl 1, same for me, don’t quit yet, fiverr is quite an extra income, but yes, it’s definitly more interesting to start own website but fiverr, compared to the other freelancing platform it’s the best (to me) about being noticed by buyers because their system is different than the other platforms in which one you just place a bid then here you can setup a video/photo thumbnail as if it was your “shop window” if this term is correct in english.

I started selling on Fiverr few months ago with my best selling gig https://www.fiverr.com/share/xE3L3Z and I made it to level one within 2months as a seller. So far, I’ve completed 29 orders with 27 reviews and they are all positive, I’m happy for that progress!

Unfortunately, I started noticing a drop in my stats (Impressions, Clicks and Orders), I noticed my 4Gigs are no more in search, after few research I found them in the last page of the search, I was so confused because I’m very careful there is no cancellation, I made every delivery on time and I’ve so far maintain a full ratings… I think if at all there should be any drop in search, It shouldn’t be straight to the last page from the front…

Well that made me conclude of quitting this platform and maybe start my own website or move on to other freelance site.

I’ve notice over time that fiverr customer support has no regards for their sellers and this is something that is bad

This was just my honest experience as a seller on fiverr. Fiverr is not a business that goes for long, Major reason I will like to quit and find a sustainable means of income.

Thanks for reading.

I started selling on Fiverr few months ago

So here how it goes:

Fiverr didn’t promote new sellers and it was only top sellers on front pages. New sellers complained and complained and complained and fiver changed a system. Now they are giving a boost to new profiles placing them on first pages to give them a chance and at the same time moving top rated sellers to the last pages while new sellers are using their chance.

What happens next? Are new sellers happy that they got their exposure? Of course not.

Now all new sellers (even after they got a boost and a chance to be seen) come and complain when it’s their time to be rotated.

Do you think it was fair that one of the top rated sellers was placed to the last pages who had way more reviews than you while you were getting an exposure as a new seller?

Fiverr is frustrating…I was on a roll and then suddenly, last month i didn’t get any orders from inside fiverr (only from a facebook friend)…seems like I spend more time advertising than actually working in my field.
However, everyone is correct that fiverr rotates gigs constantly. Try adding special keywords to your tags

I started selling on Fiverr few months ago

So here how it goes:

Fiverr didn’t promote new sellers and it was only top sellers on front pages. New sellers complained and complained and complained and fiver changed a system. Now they are giving a boost to new profiles placing them on first pages to give them a chance and at the same time moving top rated sellers to the last pages while new sellers are using their chance.

What happens next? Are new sellers happy that they got their exposure? Of course not.

Now all new sellers (even after they got a boost and a chance to be seen) come and complain when it’s their time to be rotated.

Do you think it was fair that one of the top rated sellers was placed to the last pages who had way more reviews than you while you were getting an exposure as a new seller?

Errmmm I never thought of these, thanks for the insight

if you can’t find your gigs in search then don’t worry about it. There was a period (a few weeks) where I couldn’t either but I was still receiving new orders which means that the algorithm was working properly in its own unique way. I’d say don’t think too much about it and keep doing the best you can.

There’s an abundance of helpful advice on the forums already on what to do when you’re going through a dry spell to get out of it.

Gig rotation is an inescapable occurrence on Fiverr. The OP’s last delivery was a day ago, so even if their stats are down, they’re still getting orders.

As for having no faith in customer support, when you have stuff like this

image.png.ecbe8125e6c817a027be2ec450df386f.png
image946×52 8.16 KB

on your gig page; you are just making it worse for yourself if you ever do have to use CS.

Good luck moving onto greener pastures, but I see this as an overreaction.

There are many other rules and regulations to making stay your gig in progressive place, may be, we can not understand some time. It’s not all about sales and reviews, there are some other facts. For some of our mistakes, we face this kind of problem.

I hope you got the point.

I started Fiverr in 2012 and have a lot of interesting experiences here, as long as you don’t just give up.

By the way, good luck with your new business. 😄

Some sellers with even 5k+ reviews are facing this problem especially those who were offered to use promoted gigs feature and then few days after using that feature all gigs go down the search results. IDK if it is a bug or a problem with my profile. Can you share your experience?

Thanks for reading.

If you give up then you will make zero progress on Fiverr but if persevere you at least have the opportunity to turn things around. Would you give up if you did not work on the platform? Would you give up if your business faced issues? Would you give up at school on a hard test? These are all challenges in life that help you get better. Embrace the hardship you will come out better from the other side 🙂

Some sellers with even 5k+ reviews are facing this problem especially those who were offered to use promoted gigs feature and then few days after using that feature all gigs go down the search results. IDK if it is a bug or a problem with my profile. Can you share your experience?

@umarmeee Thanks for your response bro!

There are many things we can do to get back on top of the rankings in order to get sales.

What I usually do is to update the description and tags, but if that doesn’t work I’ll create several new GIGs in the same category (usually it will increase impressions and clicks and we can come back to market)

Keep doing social media promotions every day, and visit the “buyer request” feature. You can also fill your spare time to contribute to the “logo-maker” feature (if you are a graphic designer, you can showcase your work there).

In essence, keep doing activities on Fiverr every day and usually it won’t take long for everything to come back. Keep the spirit.

Archived