I Messed Up - My Apology

jake_hopkins

Hi.

As some of you may or may not know, something happened last night that I am deeply ashamed of. For those who are unaware of what happened, I don’t really want to go into the details, and I don’t think there is any remaining record of the post in question – when I last checked it had been removed from the forum.

But for those who do understand that I am referring to, I would like to apologize. I am deeply ashamed of my actions, and there is no excuse.

I have had a difficult time recently due to some personal events I would rather not share, and something went wrong last night and resulted in… well, that. But that is no excuse.

Please consider this my public apology. I am truly sorry and ashamed of what I did.

Thank you for reading, and I am sorry if this topic makes no sense due to the lack of context,
Jake

Not sure what there is to understand, you probably had a bad experience with CS, and decided the best way to handle it was by coming on to forums to make it seem worst than it was. You’ve probably recieved messages from the staff who said they’d look into it, and realized you messed up, now you’re apologizing.

lol.

Not sure what there is to understand, you probably had a bad experience with CS, and decided the best way to handle it was by coming on to forums to make it seem worst than it was. You’ve probably recieved messages from the staff who said they’d look into it, and realized you messed up, now you’re apologizing.

lol.

Like I said; I don’t really want to get into it. Just wanted to get it out of me.

And please don’t laugh.

Hey Jake,

I have no clue what your OG post was about so I don’t know the extent of what’s happened, but I would just like to say that it’s nice to see someone taking accountability in a world full of people that shirk the mere word. Again, since I have no context, I’m going to remain neutral on this topic - but from what I can infer from this post, this past incident in question has been a learning curve for you of sorts (?) so I hope that whatever it is, it doesn’t occur again, and that everything settles down on your end soon. Take care!

Hi.

As some of you may or may not know, something happened last night that I am deeply ashamed of. For those who are unaware of what happened, I don’t really want to go into the details, and I don’t think there is any remaining record of the post in question – when I last checked it had been removed from the forum.

But for those who do understand that I am referring to, I would like to apologize. I am deeply ashamed of my actions, and there is no excuse.

I have had a difficult time recently due to some personal events I would rather not share, and something went wrong last night and resulted in… well, that. But that is no excuse.

Please consider this my public apology. I am truly sorry and ashamed of what I did.

Thank you for reading, and I am sorry if this topic makes no sense due to the lack of context,

Jake

I don’t think there is any remaining record of the post in question

This one?

It starts like this. [image] ‘Jale’. Right. Sure. Jale. [image] So… what do you actually do? Like… what is your job? Can you… refer me to someone who can be bothered to help someone? [image] Is that a threat to… to… ‘make the money go’? Yes, beg. Begging seems like a good solution. [image] You too! The supreme passive-aggressiveness is marvelling my day enough. I'm crying...… with laughter.You wouldn’t think CS could sink so low. I don’t know what they have against me. Every agent …

I have had a difficult time recently due to some personal events I would rather not share

Sorry to hear about that. Did something like that cause this one, too?

Here you go. If you want to see more, I can give you them. [image]

image.thumb.png.0c9c4c8e113fa2b419557f37d3fe2763.png

The post is still available to view on the forum, but closed for new posts currently.

So is that exactly what CS said in their reply to your request? If so, it still seems they shouldn’t have written that. But maybe I don’t know the full story of what happened. Or maybe it’s the title of the thread you are talking about/how you wrote it?

So did they give you the warning by mistake when you weren’t the one who did anything wrong? And have they still not removed the warning if it was given by mistake (eg. to the wrong person)?

The post is still available to view on the forum, but closed for new posts currently.

So is that exactly what CS said in their reply to your request? If so, it still seems they shouldn’t have written that. But maybe I don’t know the full story of what happened. Or maybe it’s the title of the thread you are talking about/how you wrote it?

So did they give you the warning by mistake when you weren’t the one who did anything wrong? And have they still not removed the warning if it was given by mistake (eg. to the wrong person)?

Jake made the whole thing up … and went to the trouble of using inspect element to back up his totally fictional story.

I am reminded of “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” …

I don’t think there is any remaining record of the post in question

This one?

It starts like this. [image] ‘Jale’. Right. Sure. Jale. [image] So… what do you actually do? Like… what is your job? Can you… refer me to someone who can be bothered to help someone? [image] Is that a threat to… to… ‘make the money go’? Yes, beg. Begging seems like a good solution. [image] You too! The supreme passive-aggressiveness is marvelling my day enough. I'm crying...… with laughter.You wouldn’t think CS could sink so low. I don’t know what they have against me. Every agent …

I have had a difficult time recently due to some personal events I would rather not share

Here you go. If you want to see more, I can give you them. [image]

My mind immediately went to that other one.

Jake made the whole thing up … and went to the trouble of using inspect element to back up his totally fictional story.

I am reminded of “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” …

Phew, reading up on the posts I was one foot out the door, thanks for clarifying.

It is indeed in reference to that post; though your understanding of the post is somewhat incorrect.

Are you sure? Because in response to the message about using “inspect element” he said:

though your understanding of the post is somewhat incorrect.

Also the ticket number seemed about right for a ticket created on that date (compared to my ticket created on a different date). I don’t know why the ticket couldn’t be found (I’d assume a ticket with a certain number would stay on the system rather than be deleted?).

Are you sure? Because in response to the message about using “inspect element” he said:

Also the ticket number seemed about right for a ticket created on that date (compared to my ticket created on a different date). I don’t know why the ticket couldn’t be found (I’d assume a ticket with a certain number would stay on the system rather than be deleted?).

I am absolutely certain.

What reason would he have to apologize if this actually happened, then he would be absolute right to publish screenshots, if CS actually responded like that.

What reason would he have to apologize if this actually happened, then he would be absolute right to publish screenshots, if CS actually responded like that.

I thought it might be the tone of the posts and title that he was apologizing for, including how he talked about the CS person getting his name wrong etc. Maybe that the 2 posts in the screeshot were shown out of context (like we saw the last 2 posts but don’t know the full story). I don’t know.

I am absolutely certain.

Is there something that shows that/a way to tell from the screenshots to make you sure or have you been informed by staff that that was the case or were you able to tell another way (like access to the ticket system?)?

Is there something that shows that/a way to tell from the screenshots to make you sure or have you been informed by staff that that was the case or were you able to tell another way (like access to the ticket system?)?

I am not allowed to give details, @uk1000 - however, the facts are in and this was a fantasy.

Actually when I said:

Also the ticket number seemed about right for a ticket created on that date (compared to my ticket created on a different date).

I think I was wrong about that. I have a ticket created in July that started 451… and the screenshot ticket number was 4396673 and I assume it was created in August so I assume the ticket number was too low for a ticket that had actually been created in August (after mine was created - I think it would have actually had a ticket number > 4510000 if it had actually been created in August).

lol.

Yes that was fairly incriminating and it would be even worse if he hadn’t said anything in response at all.

I’m glad you see it was wrong Jake, but I’ve got to say that having a bad day never made me do something like this, especially something so elaborate and calculated. Definitely more to it and this is a bit of a deflection.

It might be better for you to call a spade a spade.

It’s strange to me that impersonating CS in a doctored or fake screenshot and making up a story about them to defame them hasn’t resulted in a suspension or ban but that’s just me.

Archived