Fiverr Community Forum

I mistakenly shared my phone number to a customer :(

Hey everyone,

A customer asked my if i can share my cell phone number with him over the chat so that he can better explain his order. He hasn’t order anything so far, and I checked other forums and realized that sharing contact info is a violation of Fiverr’s Policy.

I immidiately responded back to the customer and begged him to share his order details over fiverr chat system and do not call me, and I justified the reasons and fiver policies to him.

Do you think my profile will get banned? :frowning: I am feeling a bit nervous, and I don’t know how to resolve this issue with Fiverr.

1 Like

Well if you knew it was wrong, why would you not pay more attention! And how does one “accidentally” send their phone number to somebody?

1 Like

If they didn’t notice before maybe your post will let them know. I don’t know what fiverr will do.

At the time, i thought it was ok, so i sent it over. A few hours later, doubts rose in my mind, so i went to check fiverr forum and realized that i made a mistake big time. Hopefully Fiverr can see this post and realize that i am at least being honest and sharing my concern toward solving this issue.

hmm still, that’s why one should read the terms and conditions before joining. It’s like saying “I robbed a back” and when the police question you, you say “oh cause I didn’t know.” Sure this is not as bad as robbing a prison, but you get the gist…

Well, I guess the best course of action is to contact Fiverr customer service directly and share the concern. Is there a way I can reach them? (Phone or email address)

1 Like

Why not just let the matter rest and they will let you know if there is a response.
You made a mistake and are now seemingly making sure they have no choice but to take action.

3 Likes

Maybe fiverr give you 1st warning and if you again do this mistake than your account will be banned!

Hopefully, smh. I am just gonna wait to see what will happen.