Fiverr Community Forum

I need a phone number to call customer service

Hi

I have made two orders where the sellers did not do what they stated they were going to do. I need to know how to request a refund and file a compliant. We trust the sellers by paying first irrespective of the cost.

I have spent $30 on logos and source files and did not receive either. How do I get my money back?

1 Like

You can either leave a bad review or get your money back in Fiverr credit (which you must respend in Fiverr, unless you know one weird little trick…).

There isn’t a phone number. You’ll need to go to support.fiverr.com and file a ticket with Customer Support, and they’ll get back to you at some point. If the sellers never delivered the work you ordered, a refund should be an open-shut case for you.

You can request that the seller cancel the gig, if they are not willing to do that, use customer service to ask them to cancel and refund. They will be able to see what is going on in the order and will more than likely help you. There is not a number to call. Submitting a ticket to customer service help is the only thing you can do, but they are pretty fast at responding.

Another way would be to leave a bad review for the seller and the only way they can remove a bad review is to cancel the order, but you would have to mark the job complete, which is something that you should have the customer service people look at the order before marking it complete.

Sorry you have had a bad experience on Fiverr. There are a lot of good sellers out there that provide quality work. Look at their reviews before buying. Hope you find some good sellers on here. I am one of them :slight_smile:

Mary

I SUBMITTED A PROJECT ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO AND I HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON. IT TOOK BE TO A SCREEN THAT SAYS “THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST.” BELOW THAT IT SAYS MANAGE REQUESTS AND SHOWS ACTIVE PAUSED PENDING AND THEN UNAPPROVED. THERE WAS A WORD DOCUMENT SUBMITTED WITH THE PROJECT AS WELL. HOW DO I FIND OUT WHO IS REPLYING THAT THEY CAN DO THE WORK? DOES IT COME DIRECTLY TO MY INBOX OR DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO SEE IT ON YOUR WEBSITE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP PLEASE.
LINDA

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/202967456-Requesting-Specific-Services

Please turn off your caps locks. I have a headache now.

cool down

Ohhh pls stop with the headache BS.Yeah we consider it to be yelling online. But seriously could u REALLY hear him or her yelling… And to be honest I actually appreciate the caps .bcuz with my diabetes comes very blurry vision sonetimes it’s really bad like today… So seriously turn ur phn volume down if they’re really hurting your head lol

i paid $300 for a website edit of text…The woman did NOT do anything like what i requested. And in fact made up stuff also. I wrote & told her i wanted her to re edit…One Page At A Time…send me the page completed…i would correct anything needed…she would retype …done! Sounded like a good solution …NOT! she didn’t reply for a week at one point, so i mentally ‘gaveup’ on losing my money . And didn’t check the site for about another 10 days. Then i see that the company has considered my order “Completed” as i didn’t respond within 3 days when she sent me a message. And they have paid her…Now, its 3 weeks later, & still struggling via constant messaging to get the work done. Dam it!
Questions
a. do i have any chance of getting a refund at this point? (being its listed “order completed”???)
Any suggestion /knowledge/good advice will be much appreciated…& applied

b. is there a customer service number yet…just hopeful.??

BTW…the woman has ALL 5 Star Reviews!!

No customer service number, but you can contact them here:

3 Likes

As @offlinehelpers said, you’ll need to contact Customer Support.

Unfortunately, it’s possible that you won’t get your funds back. When the seller delivers the order, you have 3 days to request revision or mark it as complete; as you have found out, if you do nothing for 3 days, the order will be automatically marked as complete. The seller doesn’t get funds immediately, they get it 14 days after the order was marked as complete, and during that time, you can request a refund. Since you have waited for 3 weeks, that option might be gone.

It’s all explained in Fiverr’s Terms of Service (it’s not legal speak, the ToS is easy to understand and explains how the site works both for buyers and sellers, and what to do in certain situations).

Other than contacting Customer Support, you can also leave a review (you have 30 days to leave a review after the order was marked as complete) and tell your story.

1 Like

catwriter…thankyou so much for the information…really:) I will see if i
have time left to leave a review. My error for not checking more
thoroughly Before i commited myself & my $. I went purely on the 'All 5
star review" I will see if I have time left to leave a review… My
Grandmother often tells me “nothing is as it seems”…i have argued with her
on this one a few time…guess what? she’s correct :slight_smile:

i wrote the reveiw…thankyou

Nobody on the forum can help you with this as we are just buyers and sellers. There is a link to Customer Support at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.