Fiverr Community Forum

I need help about auto refresher

is there any problem if I use an auto refresher on my profile page?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s against Fiverr rules and could get you banned.

6 Likes

one guy show me the screenshot, that’s why i am getting confused about that

2 Likes

The communication from CS is about using notepad to write your gig description. The OP asked about using an auto refresher. They are two different subjects. Notepad is a word processing tool. Auto refreshers automatically refresh the web page.

I am a substitute teacher. I had an autorefresher app going when I first joined Fiverr to refresh the page where I did job searches. When I joined Fiverr I had to delete the app because Fiverr kept kicking me off the site when I used it.

3 Likes

so this is against the fiverr rules, right? i just want to know about this.

Yes, it is. In additon auto refresher apps make Fiverr impossible to use.

Fiverr seems to auto refresh on its own. I get messages quickly when they are sent through my computer and my phone app.

2 Likes

Being online all the time does NOT give you more sales. It doesn’t matter. If you are not at your PC when someone sends you a message, it doesn’t matter if you are online or offline. Stop trying to find shortcuts, there are none.

1 Like

Though that CS rep is saying “You can use Chrome auto-refresher as long as you reply on time whenever you receive a message” (my highlighting).

Though I thought we’d been told we couldn’t use it (or other auto-refreshers) in the past.
Maybe you would get kicked off Fiverr for using it (or it would keep asking you if you are a robot etc) or it might depend on the settings/how often it refreshed.

Though maybe the “as long as you reply on time whenever you receive a message” is the important bit for them. But the auto-refresher would make the “online” display on the site potentially meaningless.

2 Likes

i am not trying to find any kind of shortcuts. i just want to make sure about this confusion. but thanks for you advice

I did not notice the part about the auto refresher in The CS message. That being said, I find that Fiverr auto refreshes ever time I get a message. Therefore, I see no advantage to using it. :face_with_monocle: