I need help! My completed orders are suddenly CANCELLED

xianzhuang

Here is the the updates after below serious incident happened. (original message is quoted below)

1. I filed more then 7 tickets to Fiverr and requested explanation. But Fiverr just ignored all my tickets. I personal sit in front of PC, I saw my ticket status changed from OPEN --> assigned to xxx --> SOLVED (without any reply or message) --> ticket disappear

2. I file the issue to BBB, and finally got the reply from Fiverr. Meantime, I received following email from Fiverr as the response to one of my ticket.

_Hello,_

_The transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity. In such cases, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection (for example, a stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users. _

Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Our Trust & Safety Team is currently reviewing the buyer’s account. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot disclose any actions that will be taken by our Trust & Safety Team regarding the buyer’s account.

_We appreciate your understanding. Your account has been restored. _

Kind regards,

1. There is no details in the email. Here by I sent another email to request the explanation. 35 hours passed, no reply from Fiverr.

2. I reported the case in Police. Police officer told me this call " INFO on SCAM". And clearly mentioned Fiverr shall response on this issue.

==========original message =======
Two days ago, a buyer (*******) sent me order to purchase a game gift card from Taobao. I took the order and did purchasing and delivery. Everything goes smoothly. Buyer placed order -> Seller deliver the order -> Buyer marked COMPLETED and 5 star -> I saw the amount ran to my revenue. There were 11 repeated orders. Total Value is USD 1650.
However, out of sudden, Fiverr sent me emails and cancelled all my orders.
To complete those orders, I did spent around 1500 USD, Now ALL THE MONEY GONE.
Fiverr restricted my account without explanation.

I don’t know where is wrong. I checked Fiverr T&C. There is no mention cannot purchase on behalf of others,

I filed ticket to custom support, no reply yet.

$1500 is not a small amount. Anyone can help???

Mod Note: Username removed!

I think you might have been used by this buyer to purchase gift cards, then the buyer did a Paypal chargeback, or possibly used a stolen credit card to buy the fiverr orders.

This should be a warning to all sellers to never purchase gift cards for anyone.

Now the buyer has all 11 gift cards which cost him/her nothing.

I’m sorry but I really can’t believe people fall for these scams.

This kind of request from a buyer isn’t a red flag. It’s an exploding submarine launching several nuclear warheads into the sunset, behind which the four horsemen of the apocalypse are galloping with a big banner saying “WE ARE UP TO NO GOOD AT ALL.”

It makes me wonder how many people who ask me to buy them Bitcoin actually get results in the end.

I think you might have been used by this buyer to purchase gift cards, then the buyer did a Paypal chargeback, or possibly used a stolen credit card to buy the fiverr orders.

This should be a warning to all sellers to never purchase gift cards for anyone.

Now the buyer has all 11 gift cards which cost him/her nothing.

Why fiverr not explain or give warning before they cancel completed order? And now I an restricted by Fiverr. Since all the members have phone verification, can Fiverr help to tract the money back?

I’m sorry but I really can’t believe people fall for these scams.

This kind of request from a buyer isn’t a red flag. It’s an exploding submarine launching several nuclear warheads into the sunset, behind which the four horsemen of the apocalypse are galloping with a big banner saying “WE ARE UP TO NO GOOD AT ALL.”

It makes me wonder how many people who ask me to buy them Bitcoin actually get results in the end.

if scam,how can I file police report?

I was scammed in a similar way recently when someone used my Visa card number to buy several gift cards at Walmart. I was alerted by Visa to it and they did not make me pay for them.

I know who did it too. Someone at a restaurant was looking at my credit card a long time and had it hidden from sight while she did it behind a box on the counter. I noticed it at the time and thought “is this person writing down my credit card number?”

I was scammed in a similar way recently when someone used my Visa card number to buy several gift cards at Walmart. I was alerted by Visa to it and they did not make me pay for them.

I know who did it too. Someone at a restaurant was looking at my credit card a long time and had it hidden from sight while she did it behind a box on the counter. I noticed it at the time and thought “is this person writing down my credit card number?”

You are lucky ! i could not sleep since it happened yesterday.

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is a stressful thing to have happen. 😬

@cyaxrex

Once Again

You made me smile. I love your verbal skills. 😉

That’s basically like stealing 1.5k from you. :thinking: Many would report it to the police. That kind of thing is taken very seriously in most countries. Though I’ve heard support also helps in these cases by compensating part of the scammed money, sometimes.

Though if you weren’t permitted to sell gift cards in the first place, that may complicate things. But stealing is still stealing.

Here is the the updates after below serious incident happened. (original message is quoted below)

1. I filed more then 7 tickets to Fiverr and requested explanation. But Fiverr just ignored all my tickets. I personal sit in front of PC, I saw my ticket status changed from OPEN --> assigned to xxx --> SOLVED (without any reply or message) --> ticket disappear

2. I file the issue to BBB, and finally got the reply from Fiverr. Meantime, I received following email from Fiverr as the response to one of my ticket.

_Hello,_

_The transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity. In such cases, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection (for example, a stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users. _

Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Our Trust & Safety Team is currently reviewing the buyer’s account. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot disclose any actions that will be taken by our Trust & Safety Team regarding the buyer’s account.

Kind regards,

1. There is no details in the email. Here by I sent another email to request the explanation. 35 hours passed, no reply from Fiverr.

2. I reported the case in Police. Police officer told me this call " INFO on SCAM". And clearly mentioned Fiverr shall response on this issue.

Two days ago, a buyer (*******) sent me order to purchase a game gift card from Taobao. I took the order and did purchasing and delivery. Everything goes smoothly. Buyer placed order -> Seller deliver the order -> Buyer marked COMPLETED and 5 star -> I saw the amount ran to my revenue. There were 11 repeated orders. Total Value is USD 1650.

I don’t know where is wrong. I checked Fiverr T&C. There is no mention cannot purchase on behalf of others,

_Hello,_

Kind regards,

My argument is based on below facts:

1. Fiverr has not state clearly about the reason of cancellation. Fiverr stated “the transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity.” I would like to have the exact reason & details for the case. If this is caused by “fraudulent order”, I need the clear statement from Fiverr, so that I can report the case to the police.
  2. As the user of Fiverr, I followed Fiverr’s online safety tips, “While payments done through Fiverr are completely safe and secure”. However, in my case, the payment marked completed is totally NOT SAFE and NOT SECURE.
  3. As Fiverr’s reply, “Fiverr reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.” So is the fund still ON HOLD or returned back to buyer? If this is the fraudulent order, and Fiverr received money at their platform, why they refund the amount to the buyer (cheater), and leave the loose to the victim. In another words, Fiverr did not act properly when they suspect the fraudulent order.
  4. On the other hand, I received email from the buyer (cheater), and mentioned he was banned by Fiverr and Fiverr hold all his money. He had 800$ left in his Fiverr account. If Fiverr agree that is the fraudulent order, and holding his money, shall Fiverr compensate this amount to me (victim) in such case?

Continue pushing BBB and try to escalate this case through Fiverr support. The template response you received from CS doesn’t mean anything, you can ignore that. Pretty much everyone will get that as a first response.
Most likely nobody past 1st level has even looked at your case yet. Don’t bombard them, be polite but keep pushing until someone actually looks at it.
If you send multiple requests without getting an answer then they will close most of them as duplicates.

Continue pushing BBB and try to escalate this case through Fiverr support. The template response you received from CS doesn’t mean anything, you can ignore that. Pretty much everyone will get that as a first response.

Most likely nobody past 1st level has even looked at your case yet. Don’t bombard them, be polite but keep pushing until someone actually looks at it.

If you send multiple requests without getting an answer then they will close most of them as duplicates.

Thank you. I Will keep pushing. I can’t believe Fiverr is so helpless…

Why fiverr not explain or give warning before they cancel completed order? And now I an restricted by Fiverr. Since all the members have phone verification, can Fiverr help to tract the money back?

Why fiverr not explain or give warning before they cancel completed order?

Fiverr didn’t cancel it, the buyer canceled it by filing a chargeback. Fiverr wouldn’t have known the buyer was going to do that, so they couldn’t warn you. The others are correct that you sold a very risky service. Anything that costs you cash out of pocket is extremely dangerous, especially if you take orders for more than one item at a time.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you send Customer Support more than one ticket in a short time period, it makes Support see a red flag. They will typically start shutting down your tickets because you don’t give them enough time to investigate. You can check all over the forum and find other people who got block by Support for spamming Support. At this point you will be lucky if you hear anything further at all.

I’m truly sorry you lost funds. It is a terrible way to learn not to engage in risky behavior with anonymous people across the internet. Good luck and I hope you won’t engage in that kind of sales anymore.

I Will keep pushing. I can’t believe Fiverr is so helpless…

Pushing may hurt you, so be aware. Fiverr did not cause the problem in this case, so please take care with your words. If you go further with negative comments about staff, your posts may violate the forum rules.

Archived