I need help to improve my gigs

oasis_creations

If you are not getting sales, this says something is not working.

Do you know what it is that is supposed to be working? By that I don’t mean; duh dude, I like get sales you know.

I mean:

• Who are the people who will be excited to see your Gig/s and hit the go button?
  • Where are they?
  • What is their problem?
  • What is your fix?
  • Why would these people choose your solution instead of the 75,894 other offers out there?

If you don’t have any sense of these answers then you are at best spitting in the wind as you are trying to be everything to everyone which in an overcrowded market means you are no one to anyone.

Impressions and clicks mean little. I would rather one-impression, one-click, one-sale. Obvously you want to get as close to that ratio as possible. Lots of impressions and no clicks suggest that what people see in the list of Gigs is not attractive. If you get clicks but no buys, the issue is that the Gig “sales power” is broken.

Easy to listen to some idiot who says something stupid like put a red dot in the top left and you’ll be James Bond or offer more revisions than eternity but this is not sales power, merely a fish thrashing about in hope it falls back into the water. Better than nothing bound to fail more than it wins.

So who are your customers? What can you do for them that will make them want to toss good money at you? That is the Gig you should make -and only once you have that as a solid idea with a plan. Gigs made in hope die.

I sure wish I could get paid for the number of times I say the same things (double pay for every time I get ignored seeing it smells like effort).

🙂

If you are not getting sales, this says something is not working.

Do you know what it is that is supposed to be working? By that I don’t mean; duh dude, I like get sales you know.

I mean:

• Who are the people who will be excited to see your Gig/s and hit the go button?
  • Where are they?
  • What is their problem?
  • What is your fix?
  • Why would these people choose your solution instead of the 75,894 other offers out there?

If you don’t have any sense of these answers then you are at best spitting in the wind as you are trying to be everything to everyone which in an overcrowded market means you are no one to anyone.

Impressions and clicks mean little. I would rather one-impression, one-click, one-sale. Obvously you want to get as close to that ratio as possible. Lots of impressions and no clicks suggest that what people see in the list of Gigs is not attractive. If you get clicks but no buys, the issue is that the Gig “sales power” is broken.

Easy to listen to some idiot who says something stupid like put a red dot in the top left and you’ll be James Bond or offer more revisions than eternity but this is not sales power, merely a fish thrashing about in hope it falls back into the water. Better than nothing bound to fail more than it wins.

So who are your customers? What can you do for them that will make them want to toss good money at you? That is the Gig you should make -and only once you have that as a solid idea with a plan. Gigs made in hope die.

I sure wish I could get paid for the number of times I say the same things (double pay for every time I get ignored seeing it smells like effort).

🙂

Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this reply. I have designed so many social media posters, flyers, Trailer videos, etc. for my university students club works. But I don’t get paid for my time and effort because these clubs are fully voluntary. That’s why I came to Fiverr to sell my skills. I’m also new to Fiverr and any kinds of business kind of things.

Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this reply. I have designed so many social media posters, flyers, Trailer videos, etc. for my university students club works. But I don’t get paid for my time and effort because these clubs are fully voluntary. That’s why I came to Fiverr to sell my skills. I’m also new to Fiverr and any kinds of business kind of things.

I understand but that reads like you say, I can do this, people must want it. Fair enough. But seeing there are bazillions of other people saying they can/will make posters etc, what makes you a better choice for a certain type of person or situation?

Your main Gig tries to be everything. Remember if you are the only guy in the village with Photoshop, you can be everything. As soon as there are 78,894 other people in your village with Photoshop you either need to be clearly the best person in town (and charge accordingly) so everyone is chasing you, or be the best guy in town for Task X.

5,000 general jobs/78,895 = you lose more than you win.

5 Task X jobs/3 = you win more than you lose.

You might also want to think that when someone wants work done, they want their thing made not yours. Your video is pretty nice but you only show your own logo. How do I see myself in that? You must show your logo in your logo spot only and show what I hope to get as a solution to me. Otherwise, it is like going to a car yard and every car you point to they say, oh that is the boss’s car. Only a while before you say, where is the section of cars that could be mine? Show what I could be getting, preferably completed jobs so they feel real - faux jobs always feel faked.

Example: Here’s a song (and video) I worked on with a client recently:

Note I don’t ask you if you like it or think the color of the nebula is to your tase. It is simply something I show you to say: You too could have something like this. For someone who wants similar, it should help them decide if I am the man for them. I could show you a personal album which is better (in my mind) but it doesn’t represent what I could do for you anywhere near as well - unless you are already a fan of my Art (you aren’t selling art and my fan wouldn’t be looking for me on Fiverr, they would be in my email/Messenger inbox asking to work with me).

Revise that Why Choose Me section too. If people got that far and aren’t sure, you only make it worse. Show work on the assumption that your statue of a headless toad squashed by a passing bus is the best thing for the client. And it will be: not only because you said it (without saying it) but if that person is a dead toad aficionado they love you for showing what no one else does.

🙂

hqdefault.jpg.8717e6e3b6bca9e17bf93123faddb09c.jpg

I understand but that reads like you say, I can do this, people must want it. Fair enough. But seeing there are bazillions of other people saying they can/will make posters etc, what makes you a better choice for a certain type of person or situation?

Your main Gig tries to be everything. Remember if you are the only guy in the village with Photoshop, you can be everything. As soon as there are 78,894 other people in your village with Photoshop you either need to be clearly the best person in town (and charge accordingly) so everyone is chasing you, or be the best guy in town for Task X.

5,000 general jobs/78,895 = you lose more than you win.

5 Task X jobs/3 = you win more than you lose.

You might also want to think that when someone wants work done, they want their thing made not yours. Your video is pretty nice but you only show your own logo. How do I see myself in that? You must show your logo in your logo spot only and show what I hope to get as a solution to me. Otherwise, it is like going to a car yard and every car you point to they say, oh that is the boss’s car. Only a while before you say, where is the section of cars that could be mine? Show what I could be getting, preferably completed jobs so they feel real - faux jobs always feel faked.

Example: Here’s a song (and video) I worked on with a client recently:

Note I don’t ask you if you like it or think the color of the nebula is to your tase. It is simply something I show you to say: You too could have something like this. For someone who wants similar, it should help them decide if I am the man for them. I could show you a personal album which is better (in my mind) but it doesn’t represent what I could do for you anywhere near as well - unless you are already a fan of my Art (you aren’t selling art and my fan wouldn’t be looking for me on Fiverr, they would be in my email/Messenger inbox asking to work with me).

Revise that Why Choose Me section too. If people got that far and aren’t sure, you only make it worse. Show work on the assumption that your statue of a headless toad squashed by a passing bus is the best thing for the client. And it will be: not only because you said it (without saying it) but if that person is a dead toad aficionado they love you for showing what no one else does.

🙂

Thanks again for the reply.

I really agree with the statement "they want their thing made not yours " But my opinion is If I put “Your LOGO here” instead of my logo It looks like a template that downloaded from somewhere or stolen from someone. Because there are plenty of them. I’m not saying “I’m the best” but I think you get the point. That’s why I put my own logo made by myself. I recorded all my gig videos and put my logo to prove that is my own work.

I agree I’m still a beginner in Fiverr. I always respect seniors’ advices.

Thanks again for the reply.

I really agree with the statement "they want their thing made not yours " But my opinion is If I put “Your LOGO here” instead of my logo It looks like a template that downloaded from somewhere or stolen from someone. Because there are plenty of them. I’m not saying “I’m the best” but I think you get the point. That’s why I put my own logo made by myself. I recorded all my gig videos and put my logo to prove that is my own work.

I agree I’m still a beginner in Fiverr. I always respect seniors’ advices.

The problem is that while you are excited by your logo (and it looks nice, esp if you made it from scratch), a customer could not give a flying banana peel about your logo or business name. They want their logo and business name - or whatever they want from you.

Now they understand that they won’t see their thing until it is made but they want to see the sorts of things you have made for other people, people who were happy with them, people like them - to see if they feel you can deliver what they feel they need. Your logo is unable to ever be that seeing you made it for yourself. Just as that song I showed you is not as good as my music but my personal music will never be able to be seen by a prospective customer as something that could be theirs seeing it is all about me and not for someone else.

If you make great anything, then you need to show that. What about those posters etc you said you made for your school? Show those. They are real in ways most sellers will never show.

If you absolutely have nothing you can use then set yourself tasks for you and make those things (or get some hard-nosed barstool like me to set tasks). How about briefs in student books on artwork? None of this should look like they were made in Wix DIY Garbagemaker but like real jobs which they will be if you have a Brief.

Also think about things other than logos. What can you do that no one else is offering? like that idea about squashed toads, that makes you unique. Look back at those numbers I showed in the last post.

🙂

The problem is that while you are excited by your logo (and it looks nice, esp if you made it from scratch), a customer could not give a flying banana peel about your logo or business name. They want their logo and business name - or whatever they want from you.

Now they understand that they won’t see their thing until it is made but they want to see the sorts of things you have made for other people, people who were happy with them, people like them - to see if they feel you can deliver what they feel they need. Your logo is unable to ever be that seeing you made it for yourself. Just as that song I showed you is not as good as my music but my personal music will never be able to be seen by a prospective customer as something that could be theirs seeing it is all about me and not for someone else.

If you make great anything, then you need to show that. What about those posters etc you said you made for your school? Show those. They are real in ways most sellers will never show.

If you absolutely have nothing you can use then set yourself tasks for you and make those things (or get some hard-nosed barstool like me to set tasks). How about briefs in student books on artwork? None of this should look like they were made in Wix DIY Garbagemaker but like real jobs which they will be if you have a Brief.

Also think about things other than logos. What can you do that no one else is offering? like that idea about squashed toads, that makes you unique. Look back at those numbers I showed in the last post.

🙂

Yes, I have put my posters made for my school as a gig pdf. I put about 10 posters in that pdf because the pdf size is limited. Should I put 3 of them to my 3 gig images instead of those posters that promote myself? I think gig pdf is only visible in browser WebView. not in the mobile app. Do the majority of Fiverr clients use mobile or web? I have no clue about that.

Yes, I have put my posters made for my school as a gig pdf. I put about 10 posters in that pdf because the pdf size is limited. Should I put 3 of them to my 3 gig images instead of those posters that promote myself? I think gig pdf is only visible in browser WebView. not in the mobile app. Do the majority of Fiverr clients use mobile or web? I have no clue about that.

Yes definitely. Use the non-game ones right up front as they are unique therefore no one will be seeing anything like them in their travels. The “camera” and “old guy” ones first probably, push the game stuff later as non-gamers are funny about gamers. Show your best three in those slots. You can re use the video slot to make them appear even more lovely (get better music that doesn’t scream free-library 😉 ).

This is how you start to win. Not everyone will like your images but if I saw them instead of more of the same formula meh, I would remember you at least. That is half the battle won.

When I sold cars I made myself memorable, not by being slimy but by standing out as me. People would come in and say they didn’t remember the guy’s name name but describe my radical rockabilly hair, yellow skate shoes, or red belt. Winning.

That and I was always very real with people. I was polite but never tried to be in any formal way. If I wanted to greet someone I didn’t know I would just say “hello” or “hey guy looking at my orange car”. I often walked up and listed something relevant about the part of the car they were looking at. “1.8 double overhead cam multipoint crossflow fuel injection into extractors, developing a real 99 kW” (pretty impressive as one word) or “that door opens really wide and the seats have adjustable height”. This established that I knew my product and was there to help. Other stupid salesmen (who never grossed like I did) would slouch about seeming disinterested.

🙂

Yes definitely. Use the non-game ones right up front as they are unique therefore no one will be seeing anything like them in their travels. The “camera” and “old guy” ones first probably, push the game stuff later as non-gamers are funny about gamers. Show your best three in those slots. You can re use the video slot to make them appear even more lovely (get better music that doesn’t scream free-library 😉 ).

This is how you start to win. Not everyone will like your images but if I saw them instead of more of the same formula meh, I would remember you at least. That is half the battle won.

When I sold cars I made myself memorable, not by being slimy but by standing out as me. People would come in and say they didn’t remember the guy’s name name but describe my radical rockabilly hair, yellow skate shoes, or red belt. Winning.

That and I was always very real with people. I was polite but never tried to be in any formal way. If I wanted to greet someone I didn’t know I would just say “hello” or “hey guy looking at my orange car”. I often walked up and listed something relevant about the part of the car they were looking at. “1.8 double overhead cam multipoint crossflow fuel injection into extractors, developing a real 99 kW” (pretty impressive as one word) or “that door opens really wide and the seats have adjustable height”. This established that I knew my product and was there to help. Other stupid salesmen (who never grossed like I did) would slouch about seeming disinterested.

🙂 . I’ll work on that.

Oh another question.

Is it ok to provide multiple editing, designing services in one gig or is it better to provide 1 specific service 1 gig like Social media poster 1 gig, Flyer 1gig etc.

Thank you so much for your valuable advises ❤️ . I’ll work on that.

Oh another question.

Is it ok to provide multiple editing, designing services in one gig or is it better to provide 1 specific service 1 gig like Social media poster 1 gig, Flyer 1gig etc.

It seems better here to be very specific

I will draw an octopus over your face in a photo you supply

is far better than

I will draw something you want somewhere you want it

Even though the latter seems more likely to land someone. If someone loves your octopus idea but wants a lobster, they will as you. No need to even say anything about asking. If they like what you do, they will ask.

🙂

It seems better here to be very specific

I will draw an octopus over your face in a photo you supply

is far better than

I will draw something you want somewhere you want it

Even though the latter seems more likely to land someone. If someone loves your octopus idea but wants a lobster, they will as you. No need to even say anything about asking. If they like what you do, they will ask.

🙂

Does offering unlimited revisions creates impression on the buyer that I’m unsure about my work or should I need to put that as a new seller on Fiverr. I normally get about a maximum of 5 revision requests for my social media posters that I mentioned earlier sometimes It approved in the first shot.

Does offering unlimited revisions creates impression on the buyer that I’m unsure about my work or should I need to put that as a new seller on Fiverr. I normally get about a maximum of 5 revision requests for my social media posters that I mentioned earlier sometimes It approved in the first shot.

Unlimited revisions will only turn into a nightmare. And, yes, to an extent, it does show you are uncertain that the buyer will like what you give. I would give 2 to 3 max revisions.

I give no revisions and never have since joining in 2013.

GG

Unlimited revisions will only turn into a nightmare. And, yes, to an extent, it does show you are uncertain that the buyer will like what you give. I would give 2 to 3 max revisions.

GG

Should’ve thought about that before publishing my gig, yeesh. I’m doing proofreading and editing, by the way.

GG

Oh I see. Then I should give a limited number of revisions. I thought giving unlimited revisions makes me special. 😅 Now I know that’s not the thing.

Oh I see. Then I should give a limited number of revisions. I thought giving unlimited revisions makes me special. 😅 Now I know that’s not the thing.

No, giving unlimited does not make you special. It puts a neon sign on your forehead saying, “Please use and abuse me, I like it a lot!”

I understand in your line of Gigs, revisions may be needed, so only give a handful - say 2 or 3. After that, charge for any further revisions. I would also make this clear in your Gig description. That you give one, two or three revisions, but, you will charge if there are further rewrites etc. Also, a lot of times, what will happen is you will get someone who has you write or draw one thing, and then with your unlimited revisions, uses that to get you to write or draw (I am just using an example here) a completely DIFFERENT thing - then, they act like YOU are incompetent and do not get what they want and cancel the order. They will then use your work for free. Yes, it has happened. Read the forums enough, and you will find examples of horror other sellers who did unlimited revisions went through. Unlimited means just that - you will work FOREVER and not get a penny more. AND, Fiverr will stand behind the buyer because you offered unlimited!

GG

No, giving unlimited does not make you special. It puts a neon sign on your forehead saying, “Please use and abuse me, I like it a lot!”

I understand in your line of Gigs, revisions may be needed, so only give a handful - say 2 or 3. After that, charge for any further revisions. I would also make this clear in your Gig description. That you give one, two or three revisions, but, you will charge if there are further rewrites etc. Also, a lot of times, what will happen is you will get someone who has you write or draw one thing, and then with your unlimited revisions, uses that to get you to write or draw (I am just using an example here) a completely DIFFERENT thing - then, they act like YOU are incompetent and do not get what they want and cancel the order. They will then use your work for free. Yes, it has happened. Read the forums enough, and you will find examples of horror other sellers who did unlimited revisions went through. Unlimited means just that - you will work FOREVER and not get a penny more. AND, Fiverr will stand behind the buyer because you offered unlimited!

GG

I never thought about that. 🤒 Now I realize that We should value ourselves and our services than a quick order(Every new seller’s dream target)

Archived