I need some tips getting my first client

daniellet88

Guest excelassist

First of all please read the TOS of Fiverr you will get a lot of idea.
Then if you search this title,“Fiverr gig promotion” on forum you will get a lot of discussion about this topic.

So try to do these at frist

New to fiverr. Just signed up yesterday and I’m excited to start! I’m offering freelance writing services. Does anyone know the most effective way to get buyers? Or do you just pretty much advertise yourself on social media till someone comes along? Thanks you I advance 🙂

do you just pretty much advertise yourself on social media till someone comes along?

That’s definitely the way to go! 🙂

Personally I have no problems with you being a young lady and I’m sure you can write way better than me, but for some people your age might be a concern. If you are 21, that means you are in school perhaps?? It might come across as you not having “professional” experience, so you might want to leave your age out…perhaps…I don’t know…maybe…guuuuys, what do you think???

(If you are working as a professional writer though, I apologize!)

do you just pretty much advertise yourself on social media till someone comes along?

That’s definitely the way to go! 🙂

Personally I have no problems with you being a young lady and I’m sure you can write way better than me, but for some people your age might be a concern. If you are 21, that means you are in school perhaps?? It might come across as you not having “professional” experience, so you might want to leave your age out…perhaps…I don’t know…maybe…guuuuys, what do you think???

(If you are working as a professional writer though, I apologize!)

When I see the word expert or professional, I equate that to a minimum of 1000 hours of research & actual work in that field - - - outside school.

I concur with Zeus, many will see your young age and may not correlate it to (unfairly) to professional.

I realized that, and I took my age off and wrote a completely new “about me”. I’m not in school I’ve actually graduated. I consider myself to be an excellent writer. (Of course there’s always room to grow and learn more!) It’s something I’ve always wanted to do as soon as I learned to read as a child. But I’m also concerned that people might see my picture and see that I look pretty young also. I’m thinking about changing that as well. What do you all think?

I realized that, and I took my age off and wrote a completely new “about me”. I’m not in school I’ve actually graduated. I consider myself to be an excellent writer. (Of course there’s always room to grow and learn more!) It’s something I’ve always wanted to do as soon as I learned to read as a child. But I’m also concerned that people might see my picture and see that I look pretty young also. I’m thinking about changing that as well. What do you all think?

I think your photo looks perfectly fine, I don’t think you need to change it.

If you were to change it, maybe to something like you holding a pencil, sitting in front of a PC, might be a bit cliche but that can work…but again, I don’t think you need to change it. 🙂

Archived