Fiverr Forum

I no longer trust Fiverr

It’s very painful if after completing work for a client and I don’t get paid because the client raises a dispute with

paypal or other payment processors. I strongly suggest Fiverr should not refund such payment. Not all disputes actually arises from stolen credit cards; some fiverr buyers use this as a way of getting free services. How do you differentiate the two cases?

This type of cancellation(fiverr cancelling completed orders) happened to me twice and I’m already losing my trust in

Fiverr’s system.

I will have to close to my account soon. Even Fiverr staff won’t like not receiving their monthly salaries after completing

the work for the month.

I’m really very unhappy about Fiverr’s system.

I thought about year ago when I opened this Fiverr account that I would generate extra income working on Fiverr but now I’m losing money and energy working on Fiverr because I have to spend my money and energy to complete my orders.

This is the saddest day of my life in case you any Fiverr seller will like to know!!!

Fiverr is like a business, you win some you loose some. Is no different from opening a physical store. running a store Is even worse, i worked retail for 15 years you can get returns, losses, frauds, charge backs, or just buyers remorse. It’s part of the game. Don’t quit keep going forward.

Like Biggz27 said…you win some, you lose some. Without fully knowing the situation it’s hard to say if you were in the wrong or the customer was.

But I don’t think anyone will be sad if you leave, one bad experience shouldn’t make you immediately hate the company.

All cancellations suck, whether they do it through PayPal, Fiverr, etc, however, it is because of the cancellation system that Fiverr attracts a lot of buyers. Nobody wants to pay for something they don’t like.

I also clicked your name and saw this message: " I’m currently not available for orders. "

Why aren’t you available? You want to make money or not?

I once ordered her gig and she delivers excellent work.

I think it’s the Fiverr’s cancellation policy that made her to suspend her gigs, after she experienced cancellation of work done well twice, according to her.

I personally feel Fiverr should seriously provide more seller protection.

I once had a similar experience too but I just had to continue working despite the pains I felt and not give up.

Not giving up is what makes you make money on Fiverr.

Sorry to hear your buyer cancelled the gig after it was completed, OP. That really sucks. It’s happened to me before too, and it really pissed me off.

It teaches you a valuable lesson though: don’t put too much into a $5 gig. Make sure you aren’t straining yourself too hard. That way, when something bad happens - which it will - you’ll shake it off a lot easier.

Customers learn how to play the game, and sellers should do the same. If you’re losing a lot of money to players, then you have to lower your exposure. Fiverr may not be the platform of choice for you if you’re using it to make big sales. If you focus on small sales that get gamed by your customers, then you’re only exposed to small losses. Or, if you want to make big sales, parcel the sales out one by one so that the customer can only game one of, say, 10 sales.

It has happened to me and it will happen again.

James is right, you have to minimize your exposure.

I show great samples and deliver very predictable results.

I don’t let new customers order large amounts on the first few orders.

Even after revisions and multiple deliveries, I expect some people to “not feel that the work was exactly what they needed.” And although it is painful, I believe they shouldn’t pay for something that they don’t absolutely love. I have to build that expected lose into the way I structure my gig. For me, the loss has been about 15 in 1100 jobs. So it needs to be very low.

Large complex gigs don’t work well in a micro environment with no questions asked refunds. As a house builder, you would not want to built a house and get paid at the end only if the customer liked the house. They may just decide they really don’t like the floor plan not that they’ve walked through it.

In my experience, it has taken about 100 jobs just to figure a gig out. Alot more hassle during the first 100 deliveries. Then that gig really starts sailing. I forget that when I start new gigs and find myself frustrated during the early stages.

It’s so bad experience and honestly I won’t this happen to me as a newbie here, I really I don’t have anything to say about this issue because I didn’t have any experience with fiverr buyers, I signed up in July, but without any serious to start selling gigs, for this, It’s my first month in sell some gigs, and I don’t know how many of’em will be cancelled?? :-)) Let’s hope best

i’ve ordered 3 orders

1 person i paid approx $22 to - never delivered

the other person; i ordered two orders from - approx $32]

they delivered 100% on one

and, they delivered 50% ON the 2nd one

• so; from a buyers standpoint

i can;t even figure out where to even lodge a complaint
  • i guess; you get what you pay for NOT very much !!!

AND, after posting this seeing this system sees me as a 'green sheep’

that ISN;T very impressive either!!!

i will NEVER use this system again

NOR, will i ever refer it to anyone either

-system is hard to work thru - can;t provide email; can;t provide a link to

where i got pics for the project NOT GOOD

When I’ve experienced it, the buyer has always been suspended, so it has obviously been a paypal dispute thingy, which fiverr can’t affect. I would suspect those purchases have been made with stolen credit cards or something, as if someone was not satisfied with a gig, the logical choice would be to contact the seller. Unless they are a scammer or a thief.

It would be nice if escrow were present on the site. I know its just a supposedly quickie job site but there are individuals who depend on the site make ends meet.

Reply to @the13thbridge: Just my opinion here, but it seems like you might be a difficult person to do business with based on your communication skills.

You definitely don’t have to mark the order complete unless you want to. If you cancel, you receive all but your processing fee back I believe. There’s a resolution center available to you on any order at any time. Certainly the site has issues like any other site, but a lot of this seems like user error to me.

Reply to @vainpaper:

Well, I’m NOT a difficult person to do business with; I’m patient, English is my first language, and I don’t expect people to slave away or do miracles for $5.

vainpaper said: You definitely don't have to mark the order complete unless you want to.

You're right; but I've had at least three sellers give me a sob story that ran something like 'please don't give me a bad mark, please mark this 'complete' because, please give me all good feedback because....'

All I can think of is possiby messing up the livelihood of someone in a third world situation where $5 - $100 goes a very long way. What can I tell you? I'm a sucker.
vainpaper said: There's a resolution center available to you on any order at any time.

No, maybe it used to be, but now it closes after a period of time AND fiverr marks the gig complete after three days even if the buyer doesn't.

i think fiver system is already acting us an escrow system

radjaseotea said: I've said fiverr should use escrow, but none of them listen

topaz_muse said: It would be nice if escrow were present on the site. I know its just a supposedly quickie job site but there are individuals who depend on the site make ends meet.

This
serverboy said: i think fiver system is already acting us an escrow system

How is fiverr holding the funds as an intermediary not an escrow system? They pay when the marks completed and makes sure the seller has the funds. I think some of you dont understand what the definition of an escrow system is.

Reply to @landongrace: Dude, I get that you’re a sales-tastic TRS, but are you ever not pitching your services? :slight_smile:

Reply to @rssrc753: Good point.

adsensewizard said: When I've experienced it, the buyer has always been suspended, so it has obviously been a paypal dispute thingy, which fiverr can't affect. I would suspect those purchases have been made with stolen credit cards or something, as if someone was not satisfied with a gig, the logical choice would be to contact the seller. Unless they are a scammer or a thief.
PayPal wants people to use their service. If it wasn't 'easy' to get a refund, people would not use PayPal.

Fiverr wants to use PayPal as a payment option. To do that Fiverr has to abide by PayPal's rules.

Fiverr only suspends the accounts of buyers who do PayPal 'chargebacks' (refunds) to discourage people from trying to get free work.

If PayPal refunds a buyer's money, Fiverr doesn't get their commission either.

It doesn't have to be some dramatic fraud situation. The occasional chargeback is the price Fiverr pays to be able to offer PayPal, and PayPal losing some of their fees from the transaction is the price they pay to keep users happy.

The customer isn't always right, but any successful business will be willing to lose 100's every now and again to ensure they keep making millions.

Unfortuantely, plenty of people are scammers and thieves. The best a Fiverr seller can do is follow @landongrace's advice and limit orders for new buyers until you've built up some sort of trust, build a 'cushion' into your fees - and then keep your fingers crossed that you don't get burned later! :)