I paid 100USD for the seller who was only able to help me get 19.5 marks out of 100. He declined my cancellation request

letsdothework

Hi guys,

I am a buyer.

I have ordered three hours’ service from the seller ****** for 100 USD.

I requested him to complete 100 objective questions in accounting and asked him to get 50 out of 100. It is a three-hour one-attempt test.

However, during the test, he was too slow and incapable of completing most of the questions that I sent to him. I had to finish some parts by myself. In the next 24 hours, the results came back. It was 29.5% and I also showed the screenshot of test results as proof. Remember I completed at least 10 questions by myself (with the exact questions can be found on the internet.) So basically he was only capable of getting 16.5-19.5 in a test with 100 questions.

I was trying to negotiate with him. You know what, he told me at least 60USD sounds reasonable for him. And he blamed me for requesting him to send me the answers in Microsoft word, which I requested on the order page, 20 hours earlier than the exam. He could have discussed it with me or cancelled the order if putting answers in Microsoft word would actually have an impact on his work quality. He also blamed me for requesting him to clarify the answers that he already gave which wasted his time to finish other questions. But the answers that he sent to me were messy and I had difficulty figuring out putting the answers he sent to the answer sheets in accordance.

These are clear excuses for his incompetency!!!

Before I placed the order, I showed him the sample test so that he could have an idea on what types of questions that he would actually encounter and he could have an evaluation on whether he would be capable of doing the test. He should have known he did not have the capabilities to finish it but he took it anywhere.

I requested a refund. He declined and declined and declined!!!

I understand he did spend 3 hours. However, does it sound fair for buyers to pay the sellers just because he invested time and efforts, regardless of the work quality?
We could have found a more qualified seller if he hadn’t made such false promises.

Hey, guys, what should I do in this situation? How long does it take to get a response for Fiverr customer service?

Mod Note: It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs

Sorry to hear that 😦

and yes…, if the order req is to get 50 above, and seller failed…, then as pre agreement, you have right to cancel this order.

Based on what i read on this forum…, Fiverr CS been very busy lately…,
Usually it took 3-4 days to respond.
If you could provide them with screen shot and facts, Fiverr CS could help you cancel this order 🙂

Just be patience…,
Fiverr CS is more pro to buyer than seller…,

Hi guys,

I am a buyer.

I have ordered three hours’ service from the seller ****** for 100 USD.

I requested him to complete 100 objective questions in accounting and asked him to get 50 out of 100. It is a three-hour one-attempt test.

However, during the test, he was too slow and incapable of completing most of the questions that I sent to him. I had to finish some parts by myself. In the next 24 hours, the results came back. It was 29.5% and I also showed the screenshot of test results as proof. Remember I completed at least 10 questions by myself (with the exact questions can be found on the internet.) So basically he was only capable of getting 16.5-19.5 in a test with 100 questions.

I was trying to negotiate with him. You know what, he told me at least 60USD sounds reasonable for him. And he blamed me for requesting him to send me the answers in Microsoft word, which I requested on the order page, 20 hours earlier than the exam. He could have discussed it with me or cancelled the order if putting answers in Microsoft word would actually have an impact on his work quality. He also blamed me for requesting him to clarify the answers that he already gave which wasted his time to finish other questions. But the answers that he sent to me were messy and I had difficulty figuring out putting the answers he sent to the answer sheets in accordance.

These are clear excuses for his incompetency!!!

Before I placed the order, I showed him the sample test so that he could have an idea on what types of questions that he would actually encounter and he could have an evaluation on whether he would be capable of doing the test. He should have known he did not have the capabilities to finish it but he took it anywhere.

I requested a refund. He declined and declined and declined!!!

I understand he did spend 3 hours. However, does it sound fair for buyers to pay the sellers just because he invested time and efforts, regardless of the work quality?

We could have found a more qualified seller if he hadn’t made such false promises.

Hey, guys, what should I do in this situation? How long does it take to get a response for Fiverr customer service?

Mod Note: It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs

Is it an assignment test? Why didn’t you take it yourself?

If that was your assignment then such things are forbidden on fiver and might get you and your seller banned.

However, does it sound fair for buyers to pay the sellers just because he invested time and efforts, regardless of the work quality?

It said in fiverr TOS that orders can not be cancelled based on quality or satisfaction.

However you still can contact fiverr support and they will make final decision to cancel the order or not.

Sorry to hear that 😦

and yes…, if the order req is to get 50 above, and seller failed…, then as pre agreement, you have right to cancel this order.

Based on what i read on this forum…, Fiverr CS been very busy lately…,

Usually it took 3-4 days to respond.

If you could provide them with screen shot and facts, Fiverr CS could help you cancel this order 🙂

Just be patience…,

Fiverr CS is more pro to buyer than seller…,

Thanks for your reply.

As long as customer service can take care of the dispute, it is okay for me to wait.

Btw, do I need to keep requesting the order cancellation in case the order will be automatically completed?

Is it an assignment test? Why didn’t you take it yourself?

If that was your assignment then such things are forbidden on fiver and might get you and your seller banned.

However, does it sound fair for buyers to pay the sellers just because he invested time and efforts, regardless of the work quality?

It said in fiverr TOS that orders can not be cancelled based on quality or satisfaction.

However you still can contact fiverr support and they will make final decision to cancel the order or not.

fiverr TOS

It is so unfair for the buyers if the order cannot be cancelled based on the quality. Btw, the seller also failed to complete the work that I sent him to finish. Can the order be cancelled based on that?

fiverr TOS

It is so unfair for the buyers if the order cannot be cancelled based on the quality. Btw, the seller also failed to complete the work that I sent him to finish. Can the order be cancelled based on that?

Dear its unfair for Seller too. These are the excuse people makes to get work done for free. You might be a good buyer but not all. I also faced same problem. My buyer ordered a 3d animation which he refused to take i agreed on him ok leave it. He ordered again in 3d Models gig this time he was asking for the project file all 3d Models I made for his previous order, then after getting all the 3d Models he stopped responding to me and after every 2 days he is issuing a cancellation and I am declining it. He asked for the same files now he don’t want it. He is trying to get all the things for free. And how can a seller who work so hard give his work for free?

If you face these problems go to Customer Support. Giving Incomplete work is not acceptable.

I feel sorry for you. I understand some buyers do want things for free.

But I am not the one. You can look at his page. Before I ordered his 100 usd service, I paid him 25 usd for half hour’s sample work. I paid immediately and gave him a five-star review, considering he is a new seller on Fiverr.

For 100 USD order, he did not complete the questions that I sent him and he failed to get the marks that I required (I requested 50, he only got 19.5 for his part).

I feel sorry for you. I understand some buyers do want things for free.

But I am not the one. You can look at his page. Before I ordered his 100 usd service, I paid him 25 usd for half hour’s sample work. I paid immediately and gave him a five-star review, considering he is a new seller on Fiverr.

For 100 USD order, he did not complete the questions that I sent him and he failed to get the marks that I required (I requested 50, he only got 19.5 for his part).

From seller and fiverr perspective that order is complete. But why do you pay $100 for just a exam?

But you can contact Support services and tell he didn’t kept his promise of 50 and brought just 19 that is a very low score and I don’t want to pay him $100 for that. And you already paid $25 that’s enough. Please take screenshots as the proof.

From seller and fiverr perspective that order is complete. But why do you pay $100 for just a exam?

But you can contact Support services and tell he didn’t kept his promise of 50 and brought just 19 that is a very low score and I don’t want to pay him $100 for that. And you already paid $25 that’s enough. Please take screenshots as the proof.

Thanks. Because I assume price is positively correlated with the quality. However, it is not.

It appears when you joined Fiverr, you did not read their TOS.

ToS states:

Third-party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

There are sellers on Fiverr who will do academic work in spite of TOS.

Now it appears you have had a buyer do academic work for you. You are not the first buyer to come to the Fiverr Forum to tell of how they got a poor score on the work they purchased.

However, that being said, when you or your seller goes to Customer Service for help with this issue, both of you are taking a chance of losing your accounts as well as your money because you broke TOS. There is also the possibility that the rule only applies to sellers. :thinking:

Thanks for your reply.

As long as customer service can take care of the dispute, it is okay for me to wait.

Btw, do I need to keep requesting the order cancellation in case the order will be automatically completed?

Yes…, as long as your seller didn’t accept and reject the cancellation, its better to send an dispute once per 2-3 day (Fiverr system will automatically complete the order per 3 day once there are no more revisions - dispute)

Hope you could get a good end from this matter 🙂

It appears when you joined Fiverr, you did not read their TOS.

ToS states:

Third-party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

There are sellers on Fiverr who will do academic work in spite of TOS.

Now it appears you have had a buyer do academic work for you. You are not the first buyer to come to the Fiverr Forum to tell of how they got a poor score on the work they purchased.

However, that being said, when you or your seller goes to Customer Service for help with this issue, both of you are taking a chance of losing your accounts as well as your money because you broke TOS. There is also the possibility that the rule only applies to sellers. :thinking:

Thanks for reminding.

But right now I would rather lose the money to Fiverr than giving it to the seller.

If it was some type of academic work, you both broke TOS and might end up with your accounts banned once CS hears both sides of your stories.

Thanks. I understand the risks now. But I would rather Fiverr take my money than giving it to the seller who did not complete my work as requested.

Thanks. I understand the risks now. But I would rather Fiverr take my money than giving it to the seller who did not complete my work as requested.

Whenever an order is paid for, Fiverr always keeps 20% of the cost, and the rest goes to the buyer. Neither one of those gets all of the cost. If an order is cancelled, you get 100% of the cost back. I don’t understand where you are going with the comment that, “[you] would rather Fiverr take [your] money than giving it to the seller”. That’s not going to happen. That’s not how Fiverr works.

Having someone else perform your academic work is against Fiverr TOS. A practice test is always different from the actual test. I don’t belive you will get a refund as you placed an order that was in violation of TOS. You will be lucky not to get banned nor the seller getting in trouble as well.

fiverr TOS

If he cared about fairness he wouldn’t be using Fiverr to cheat on an assignment/test. He broke the ToS by hiring for academic work so naturally he won’t get support from Fiverr.

Oh my God, am I reading this thread, right? The type of work that is described (i.e., academic cheating) goes against legality or any principle of morality no matter what the argument is. The mere fact that two parties were involved in such an illegal activity should not lessen the consequences and both should be subject to persecution by proper authorities. Or is my concept of legal and moral principles all wrong?

Archived