I quite like the "most successful at" but can't help feeling there's a... "glitch"

paulmaplesden

That’s a terrible idea, but I can’t see it on my profile (yet). Can you view it on everyone’s profile or just your own?

This is reminiscent of the time they used “Average Selling Price” but displayed that number as the “Starting at” price. It brought everyone’s sales down (at least, everyone who was in the guinea pig group) for the week or so that it lasted.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum
3935322fb04c0e90fec0167379284a248d203dd0_1_690x299.png

"Average Price" ? Let's think for a minute

Another surprise update with no real purpose ? When I view my profile as me, my gigs say “starting at” $26 and $19 although they actually start at $5. When viewing as a buyer, it says “average price” instead. Either way, I don’t see how...

Reading time: 5 mins ? Likes: 31 ❤

626383473_ScreenShot2017-08-01at10_41_13AM.png.14f898a1503e93c9166f67dfb457bd73.png

Paul,

The following features are not visible to me yet:

• Most successful at

• How much buyers spent beside their reviews

• Average prices

• Available Now, comes and goes

All these are beta features, since majority of population can’t see, it probably won’t affect you much. Other than that, you are ultra successful so it shouldn’t affect P. Map at all. 🙂

That’s a terrible idea, but I can’t see it on my profile (yet). Can you view it on everyone’s profile or just your own?

This is reminiscent of the time they used “Average Selling Price” but displayed that number as the “Starting at” price. It brought everyone’s sales down (at least, everyone who was in the guinea pig group) for the week or so that it lasted.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

Another surprise update with no real purpose ? When I view my profile as me, my gigs say “starting at” $26 and $19 although they actually start at $5. When viewing as a buyer, it says “average price” instead. Either way, I don’t see how...

I can see it on everyone’s profile. It’s similar to the average price feautre we talked about a few month’s back. As Gina said, it’s likely an A/B test.

Paul,

The following features are not visible to me yet:

• Most successful at

• How much buyers spent beside their reviews

• Average prices

• Available Now, comes and goes

All these are beta features, since majority of population can’t see, it probably won’t affect you much. Other than that, you are ultra successful so it shouldn’t affect P. Map at all. 🙂

Indeed - obviously they are doing lots of A/B testing right now in an effort to boost sales.

Indeed - obviously they are doing lots of A/B testing right now in an effort to boost sales.

I have mixed feelings about all these test features. I’m not sure if I like it or not, most of it seem to be invasion of privacy.

I do like the A.N function, it went away before I got to use it. Oh, well, it comes, it goes. I’m just a lowly buyer among a million other buyers. 🙂

It’s absolutely potentially - shooting the seller, as an independent business entity (that contracts themselves out here) - in the foot. I AM best at whatever I negotiate as a deal- THAT is what I am best at. There may be a large number of standard $5 dollar sales, but - there should be no disclosure of what a person’s average sale price is. Especially when some of us are scared to edit our gig prices for fear that we become MIA!

It effectively has the potential to stifle the seller, so they keep getting the low ball offers.

To date I can’t see any of these new features.

I am wondering the rationale behind them… so puzzling. :thinking:

Maybe it ran out of room. It’s supposed to say $800 but the last 0 was cut off. 😆

Then again, now that everyone knows you’re most successful at $80, it’ll be interesting to see what happens :thinking:

Maybe it ran out of room. It’s supposed to say $800 but the last 0 was cut off.

I bet that’s it. Yay, I broke Fiverr!

Well no reason to spend all that money when we can get it for the best deal of $80! Thanks for the tip off fiverr! 😄

I just looked at your gig out of curiosity and the price starts at $600.
So that is very strange to have that there to say the least. It seems to really be something that would possibly discourage someone who was interested in that gig.

Wasn’t the idea to promote gigs with higher prices? This has the opposite effect 🙂

If you’re telling buyers that this seller mostly sells his $600 gigs for $80 then why should they pay more?

It’s very confusing. It’s like saying “this gig is really worth $80”.

What does it mean to say “most successful at”? Successful at what?

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

for the week or so that it lasted

Err… it´s “on average” now instead of “average”, but I do see it, for instance on your profile.

So now we have people who see “on average”, people who see “most successful at” and people who see ‘prices next to reviews’. Oh, and people who see nothing, not to forget.

And I think Gina´s explanation may be it.

And someone pass on the wrench to the tech team, when they are done with the most successful prices, so they can repair the “Show Online Sellers” filter, please.

for the week or so that it lasted

Err… it´s “on average” now instead of “average”, but I do see it, for instance on your profile.

So now we have people who see “on average”, people who see “most successful at” and people who see ‘prices next to reviews’. Oh, and people who see nothing, not to forget.

And I think Gina´s explanation may be it.

And someone pass on the wrench to the tech team, when they are done with the most successful prices, so they can repair the “Show Online Sellers” filter, please.

I saw 16 gigs in my category which are online now but of course none of mine. How did they get so lucky to be in that elite listing?

I really don’t understand what it is supposed to tell to potential buyers!
When I see that I don’t want to pay 600$. I think that the price should be around 80$.

Paul, I would like to ask you: Have you ever sold this service at 80$? You are not obliged to answer…

When I see that I don’t want to pay 600$. I think that the price should be around 80$.

Paul, I would like to ask you: Have you ever sold this service at 80$? You are not obliged to answer…

Pro gigs have to be $100 or more. I’m not sure whether a custom offer can bypass that rule.

I have not - I suspect that Gina is exactly right - I bet it is meant to say $800 and it cut off the 0. I typically sell the gig at between $600 and $1,800, with most coming in at between $1,000 - $1,200.

It looks like he will come down to $80 if you ask.

Fiverr threw him under the bus on that one.

It looks like he will come down to $80 if you ask.

Fiverr threw him under the bus on that one.

Any buyer who expects a 2,000 word WP for $80 isn’t a buyer who I am going to respond to ohter than with a polite “nope.”

I have not - I suspect that Gina is exactly right - I bet it is meant to say $800 and it cut off the 0. I typically sell the gig at between $600 and $1,800, with most coming in at between $1,000 - $1,200.

No no no…Fiverr told me $80 and that’s what I believe as they never make mistakes 😃

You can probably get it sorted with CS 🙂

While you’re at it, tell them that playtime is over and ask them to put an adult in charge now 😉

Archived