I really DISLIKE Fiverr policy because it doesn't protect seller's benefits

daisydesigns

Hi all Fiverr members, especially Fiverr sellers,

I don’t want to create this topic because I’m an old member since 2014 and Fiverr gaves me good money to live, although there are a lot of things that I really hate on Fiverr, especially Fiverr’s policy. However, I can endure all unfairness that I received on Fiverr in 4 years, until now…

Why do I hate Fiverr policy? Why do I say it’s unfair to sellers?
Let me share you 3 bad cases that I received 😥:

1ST CASE

• I created a design (with a watermark on this design) and sent it to my client.
  • He said that the design was fine and asked a design without a watermark.
  • I sent him this design without a watermark and completed this job.
  • After receiving this file, he immediately said “blah blah I don’t like it blah blah” and asked a refund.
  • I declined his request because he confirmed the design was fine. Why did he ask a refund after getting this design without a watermark?
  • Finally, he gave me a 1 star.
  • I sent this case to Fiverr support because this buyer is a scammer and bad person.
  • Fiverr support answered my question like a robot:
    “Unfortunately, we cannot remove the feedback on this order for you. When a buyer leaves feedback, they are not just rating your delivery, they are rating their experience with you as a seller. We take our buyer’s opinions and experiences very seriously.”

Do we all see clearly that this buyer is a scammer, right? Unfortunately, Fiverr doesn’t think so.
You see, it’s a FAIRNESS on Fiverr.

2ND CASE

• I created a design (with a watermark on this design) and sent it to my client.
  • He didn’t like it and gave me a 1 star rating.
  • I gave him a mutual cancellation to refund in order to remove this bad review.
  • 3 days had gone, my buyer didn’t reply or accept or decline, so that this mutual cancellation automatically completed and money was sent back to a buyer. Unfortunately, this bad review still remained.

What??? Why didn’t review remove? Because I lost my revenue, I lost my ranking, I lost my % on “order completion” dashboard. Why did this bad review still remain?

Do you see this unfairness?

• If my buyer accepts this mutual cancellation, money is sent back to my buyer.
  • If my buyer doesn’t reply on this mutual cancellation, money is also sent back to my buyer.

I mean that whatever my buyer does, money is automatically sent back to my buyer.

My question is: “What is mutual cancellation used for?”
A seller needs a mutual cancellation to remove a bad review. If this mutual cancellation is useless now, why is mutual cancellation still on Fiverr when it cannot protect seller’s benefits?

I sent this case to Fiverr support because of this unfair case.
Fiverr support answered my question like a robot:
"Unfortunately, we cannot remove this review because of Fiverr policy, blah blah”

3RD CASE

Please check these screenshots (I covered my client’s name).

1.thumb.jpg.95d79dabf9762f991910b9c177a8dd03.jpg
2.thumb.jpg.61ad0eb9cc124e5149403e06a2975a46.jpg
  • I received an order
  • After 3 days trying to do this design, I couldn’t do my client’s job, so that I opened a mutual cancellation to give her a refund.
  • However, she DECLINED my request (I repeat again: She DECLINED my request).
  • Because I couldn’t attach a file and complete this job => The order was late.
    Fiverr required a file to attach in order to allow me to complete this job.
    The problem is… If I couldn’t do her job, what file would I attach and deliver to her, right???

I sent a refund to my buyer. She declined.
After that, I couldn’t deliver a product to her because Fiverr required a file to attach in order to allow me to complete this job => The order was late => She got all her money back and gave me a 1 star rating!

I sent this case to Fiverr support because this buyer is a scammer and bad person.
"I’m very sorry, but I cannot comment on the fairness of the issue. In Customer Support it is our role to remain neutral, and we are unable to take the side of the buyer or the seller in cases where there are no violations of our Terms of Service.”

Right now, I’m asking a technical support because of an error that Fiverr DID (not me) on my gigs.
Can you imagine? 2 months have gone and no reply on Fiverr support. When I ask Fiverr support, he/she just says I need to wait, wait and wait…OMG!

All sellers must accept to loss 20% of their profits, because they want Fiverr to protect sellers’ benefits, because they want TRUE FAIRNESS on Fiverr, not some automatic answers like a robot!

We must ask Fiverr to protect sellers’ benefits. We cannot let these bad situation continue again and again. 4 unfair years are enough for me!

If you have the same situations like mine, please share here.

We will collect all your opinions and send to Fiverr support!

MAKE FIVERR GREAT AGAIN!

I read all your story it true some how that i have hear from many seller …
But i am really happy with CS support and speedy response,
But they have speedy response but some time i did not get problem solved …

and you have said that they did not get removed negative review,
But i have seen many users on Facebook that they have successfully remove the negative ratting, with solid reason,

If you join Facebook group then you will see a lot of discussion about this topic …how they remove negative remove, some one remove clear discussion with client and some one has by CS…

I am a new seller with only a handful of reviews. Like you, I recently got scammed by a buyer using the mutual cancellation feature. The same buyer also claimed he needed it within an hour and only communicated that fact AFTER he placed the order. Unfortunately, the buyer stole my work and I didn’t get paid.

My #1 suggestion to Fiverr to help eliminate this type of problem is to GIVE both BUYERS and SELLERS the POWER to rate each other even AFTER an order has been cancelled. eBay did this for years when they rolled out and that’s what made that platform such an awesome one at the time. It keeps helps to keep all parties involved honest and promotes TEAMWORK within the buyer/seller relationship by creating an enviroment where the parties can work out differences effectively. In that enviroment you only see a negative review for the truely bad sellers or bad buyers AND it PREVENTS people from SCAMMING on BOTH sides of the equation. Just my two cents.

Hi all Fiverr members, especially Fiverr sellers,

I don’t want to create this topic because I’m an old member since 2014 and Fiverr gaves me good money to live, although there are a lot of things that I really hate on Fiverr, especially Fiverr’s policy. However, I can endure all unfairness that I received on Fiverr in 4 years, until now…

Why do I hate Fiverr policy? Why do I say it’s unfair to sellers?

Let me share you 3 bad cases that I received 😥:

1ST CASE

• He said that the design was fine and asked a design without a watermark.
  • I sent him this design without a watermark and completed this job.
  • After receiving this file, he immediately said “blah blah I don’t like it blah blah” and asked a refund.
  • I declined his request because he confirmed the design was fine. Why did he ask a refund after getting this design without a watermark?
  • Finally, he gave me a 1 star.
  • I sent this case to Fiverr support because this buyer is a scammer and bad person.
  • Fiverr support answered my question like a robot:

“Unfortunately, we cannot remove the feedback on this order for you. When a buyer leaves feedback, they are not just rating your delivery, they are rating their experience with you as a seller. We take our buyer’s opinions and experiences very seriously.”

Do we all see clearly that this buyer is a scammer, right? Unfortunately, Fiverr doesn’t think so.

2ND CASE

• He didn’t like it and gave me a 1 star rating.
  • I gave him a mutual cancellation to refund in order to remove this bad review.
  • 3 days had gone, my buyer didn’t reply or accept or decline, so that this mutual cancellation automatically completed and money was sent back to a buyer. Unfortunately, this bad review still remained.

What??? Why didn’t review remove? Because I lost my revenue, I lost my ranking, I lost my % on “order completion” dashboard. Why did this bad review still remain?

Do you see this unfairness?

• If my buyer accepts this mutual cancellation, money is sent back to my buyer.
  • If my buyer doesn’t reply on this mutual cancellation, money is also sent back to my buyer.

I mean that whatever my buyer does, money is automatically sent back to my buyer.

My question is: “What is mutual cancellation used for?”

A seller needs a mutual cancellation to remove a bad review. If this mutual cancellation is useless now, why is mutual cancellation still on Fiverr when it cannot protect seller’s benefits?

I sent this case to Fiverr support because of this unfair case.

"Unfortunately, we cannot remove this review because of Fiverr policy, blah blah”

3RD CASE

Please check these screenshots (I covered my client’s name).

• I received an order
  • After 3 days trying to do this design, I couldn’t do my client’s job, so that I opened a mutual cancellation to give her a refund.
  • However, she DECLINED my request (I repeat again: She DECLINED my request).
  • Because I couldn’t attach a file and complete this job => The order was late.

Fiverr required a file to attach in order to allow me to complete this job.

The problem is… If I couldn’t do her job, what file would I attach and deliver to her, right???

I sent a refund to my buyer. She declined.

After that, I couldn’t deliver a product to her because Fiverr required a file to attach in order to allow me to complete this job => The order was late => She got all her money back and gave me a 1 star rating!

I sent this case to Fiverr support because this buyer is a scammer and bad person.

"I’m very sorry, but I cannot comment on the fairness of the issue. In Customer Support it is our role to remain neutral, and we are unable to take the side of the buyer or the seller in cases where there are no violations of our Terms of Service.”

Right now, I’m asking a technical support because of an error that Fiverr DID (not me) on my gigs.

Can you imagine? 2 months have gone and no reply on Fiverr support. When I ask Fiverr support, he/she just says I need to wait, wait and wait…OMG!

All sellers must accept to loss 20% of their profits, because they want Fiverr to protect sellers’ benefits, because they want TRUE FAIRNESS on Fiverr, not some automatic answers like a robot!

We must ask Fiverr to protect sellers’ benefits. We cannot let these bad situation continue again and again. 4 unfair years are enough for me!

If you have the same situations like mine, please share here.

We will collect all your opinions and send to Fiverr support!

MAKE FIVERR GREAT AGAIN!

1000% agree with you.

I face also these things.

• 7 months later...

Hi, sorry to send you a message here but I cannot find your profile anymore on Fiverr, you made a flyer for a contest I was doing on my website not a long ago and I said that I will need to have new ones regularly. I really liked your work, can you get in touch with me as soon as you can pls so we can work again. My email is*************** just in case you cannot reach me

Mod Note: Contact info removed.

Archived