I really think it is unethical and Fiverr should do something about it

abdulmoti

Hi everyone,
I have seen so many buyers asking for someone to help them with their school homework, and they get so many offers from fiverr freelancers, and I also many freelancers offering to do students’ homework, not tutoring but actually doing their homework, this is not only unethical but illegal too, for the freelancers who are encouraging this are evil and robbing these kids and stupid adults from their future for few dollars and it has unseen damages to society, because some these people might end up medical professions or other other professions, cause huge damages to lives and more. I think fiverr should do something about. What do you think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happens out in the real world too. There was a thick kid at my grammar school who shouldn’t’ve been there, but his father was, and is, a famous rich person.

Kid got a new ID, had a bodyguard and plenty of “help”. The school got a nice boost in donations and what have you.

Coming to Fiverr to a “doctor” to write your “academic thesis” in “anything” ultimately won’t change much. The world is run by rich and corrupt people. Let the greedy sellers feed off the bottom end of the market. Fiverr’s not going to do much about it unless the WSJ kicks up a fuss about it–but they’re too busy chasing alleged anti-semites for page views and $$$ right now.

It a moral thing and I am sure it is illegal too or I hope so… @emmaki that parents is damaging his kid and he doesn’t even know, maybe the father thinks too much money his son won’t need to work for the rest of his life, but it is not about money, it is about building the mind and the characters and his is raising a rich, dumb kid who might commit crime one day because of undeveloped and spoiled brain of his or harm himself, and stupidity and lack of education provides many ways one can harm himself … But you all right, the world is full of greedy low lives who would do anything for few dollars… and I have no respect a freelancer offering to do other’s homework and all the respect for those who offer tutoring classes but not those who hide their assignment doing under tutoring name… shame on them…

That kid is a millionaire, and heir to a fortune. He’s fine. I haven’t seen him for almost 2 decades now. I’m sure he’s fine though, aside from being thick as two short planks, he was a decent guy and he probably benefited from being in our environment.

I also note that you have taken to criticizing people for transcribing at $5/hour, which they have since altered.

You seem very concerned about what other people are doing. That’s not very healthy. Trust me, if you knew who I was talking about re: the kid, you’d be saying something very different.

It bothers me too but there is nothing that can be done. It happens offline too, like when parents complete projects for kids.

It bothers me too but there is nothing that can be done. It happens offline too, like when parents complete projects for kids.

Did you copy what I said word for word or are we just on the same wavelength?

Let’s compare and contrast!

VS

Let’s compare and contrast!

VS

I thought I had seen it all…

Happens out in the real world too. There was a thick kid at my grammar school who shouldn’t’ve been there, but his father was, and is, a famous rich person.

Kid got a new ID, had a bodyguard and plenty of “help”. The school got a nice boost in donations and what have you.

Coming to Fiverr to a “doctor” to write your “academic thesis” in “anything” ultimately won’t change much. The world is run by rich and corrupt people. Let the greedy sellers feed off the bottom end of the market. Fiverr’s not going to do much about it unless the WSJ kicks up a fuss about it–but they’re too busy chasing alleged anti-semites for page views and $$$ right now.

You had Trump at grammar school? He didn’t dig it though, did he?

Expert on what? Copying what someone just said?

I am an expert at weaving baskets out of lava. It’s true, because I’ve just said it. That’s why I know Sarah is an expert. You would have to ask her about her expertise, though.

She is an expert at copy paste though–that only gig of hers with reviews can be found on other sites.

In fact, I will develop Responsive Website in WordPress

But also from sellers on other sites in Dhaka, Kampala etc.

You had Trump at grammar school? He didn’t dig it though, did he?

Pretty much the British equivalent, Mario. Although all faded from the tabloids now. I note the kid had a photography exhibition (crap photographs) with fawning press around. Money really does get you everything. But he was a good kid, and he’s avoided the limelight in adulthood. Can’t say I blame him.

This is 100% legal. There are actual companies that will write essays for college students, some of them charge $100, some a lot more depending on the complexity of the topic and how soon the essay is needed. My best friend made a lot of money doing this when he was in college, he didn’t feel guilty because it’s the buyer who’s cheating himself out of an education, not the seller.

Also, if teachers made the students write essays in class, they would discover quickly who has the brains and who’s paying others to write for him.

Besides, is it really evil? What about rich kids who survive high school and college thanks to private tutors? What about expensive SAT prep courses? We all have different advantages and disadvantages, there’s no reason to be jealous or to demand we all be equally miserable.

Fiverr is a marketplace, questions or morality and ethics belong to the buyers and sellers. The marketplace itself should be amoral, it should simply butt out. Let us have any gig we want, that’s my dream.

Pretty much the British equivalent, Mario. Although all faded from the tabloids now. I note the kid had a photography exhibition (crap photographs) with fawning press around. Money really does get you everything. But he was a good kid, and he’s avoided the limelight in adulthood. Can’t say I blame him.

fawning press

I bet it was fake news then. No sources. Sad.

fawning press

I bet it was fake news then. No sources. Sad.

There was a gallery of photos, though. Like “I’m in a field. Imma take a photo of this field”. Repeat ad nauseum. I have to stress that these are all photos any of us could take with our smartphones by stepping outdoors and visiting the nearest patch of field. But we are not born into wealth and privilege. Although comparatively, some of us are.

I don’t really care if some kid cheats at school. I don’t even really care if they cheat at university. Let’s face it, unless they’re moneybags, a jury of their professional peers will soon figure out the person is an idiot who must have cheated through school and ensure–hopefully–that they get a dunce role only at work.

Then everybody’s happy.

(It does fail–look at George Bush Jr, who is undergoing a bizarre renaissance under the current administration.)

Archived