Fiverr Forum

I receive $4 instead of $5 for each gig

I don’t know if there already is a thread for that, so if there is, I’m sorry.

So, I’ve already completed some gigs and even leveled up to Lv. 1, but until now, I’ve only received 4 dollars for every gig (actually, it becomes $3,92 when it goes to paypal, but this must be a tax or something). I’m from Brazil. Does it have anything to do with me being from another country? Is there anything I can do to receive the full amount of money for every gig?

It’s not because you are from a different country,

It’s mentioned in the Terms of service

"Basics

Each $5 Gig you sell and successfully deliver, accredits your account with a net revenue of $4."

Basically, fiverr takes 1 dollar from the 5 :slight_smile:

No, no country bias here, Fiverr takes $1 off the top and depending on who you withdraw your fund to, you are netting about $3,50

Ya think of it as Fiverr is offering you a non taxable place of entrepreneur employment. That $1 out of every $5 is pretty modest. Where else do you know where you can pretty much make up your own hours and own schedule. Here’s my suggestion to you. don’t offer a lot of work for $5. offer as much as you can do in an hour or less. If people want more then have them order multiple gigs. You will learn as you progress princemaxx.

PalPal xfer feeds is just $1 because they’re using PayPal masspay.

So if you have $100 coming to you ($4 * 25 gigs) you’ll get $99 in your account.

I would say non taxable because it’s not getting an actual w-2 or anything of that sort. if you make over a certain amount or if you want to declare it then yes it’s considered taxable. Fiverr gives you the freedom to work as a freelance entrepreneur.

Reply to @anarchofighter:

Good explanation of the paypal Anarchofighter

Thank you for the explanations, guys. Now I feel better. I thought there was something going wrong.

"Basics

Each $5 Gig you sell and successfully deliver, accredits your account with a net revenue of $4."

No, no country bias here, Fiverr takes $1 off the top and depending on who you withdraw your fund to, you are netting about $3,50

Ya think of it as Fiverr is offering you a non taxable place of entrepreneur employment. That $1 out of every $5 is pretty modest. Where else do you know where you can pretty much make up your own hours and own schedule. Here’s my suggestion to you. don’t offer a lot of work for $5. offer as much as you can do in an hour or less. If people want more then have them order multiple gigs. You will learn as you progress princemaxx.

So if you have $100 coming to you ($4 * 25 gigs) you’ll get $99 in your account.

I would say non taxable because it’s not getting an actual w-2 or anything of that sort. if you make over a certain amount or if you want to declare it then yes it’s considered taxable. Fiverr gives you the freedom to work as a freelance entrepreneur.

Reply to @anarchofighter:

Good explanation of the paypal Anarchofighter

Thank you for the explanations, guys. Now I feel better. I thought there was something going wrong.

"Basics