Fiverr Community Forum

I requested extended delivery time, what will happen?

So, long story short, I prest the resolution center and the asked to extend delivery time. My original delivery timer will run out in 2 H and my customer has 4 days to respond What will happen next if I do X and what is the best move for me to do if I don’t want to damage my fiverr profile?

If…

1.) My original order timer will run out in 2 hours. What happens if my customer accepts the extended delivery time whitin the 4 days he has to do it but after the original 2 h timer runs out? (And I deliver the order whitin the 4 days.) Will the order be counted as delivered on time and my profile take no damage then?

2.) If the customer doesn’t respond with in the 4 days he has to respond what happens then?

3.) I know I’m going to finish the project my customer wanted with in the 4 extra days I requested, but he has not been online for the 2 last days. My original timer has run out, but I am finished and ready to deliver before my customer has accepted my request for extend the delivery time but he still has time to accept it. What is the smartest move?

a.) I deliver the order right away as soon as possible even tho my customer has not responded.

b.) I wait for my customer to accept my request for extended delivery time and when he does I deliver his order.

c.) I wait for my customer to accept my request for extended delivery time until just before the request timer runs out and deliver, because he didn’t respond.

d.) I wait for my customer to accept my request for extended delivery time, he doesnt and the timer runs out and then deliver it after that.

e.) I JUST CANSEL THE ORDER NOW before my original delivery time runs out in 1 h and 40 minutes because a canselation is better for my profile than a delay? Is it, I’m asking?

f.) I wait for my customer to accept my request for extended delivery time until just before the request timer runs out and then cancel the order.

g.) Before the request timer almost has runs out I whitdraw it and make a new one to buy my customer more time to respond.

5 Likes

Check this out: Fiverr Help and Education Center

4 Likes

This is in the Buyer Help Center: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049216034-How-do-I-cancel-a-very-late-order?segment=buyer

4 Likes

a.) I deliver the order right away as soon as possible even tho my customer has not responded.

This is the smartest move, stop all of the other thoughts.
The harsh reality is that you should have delivered way earlier and if you were in hurry, you should have asked to extend the delivery time way earlier.
Now you are at the mercy of events you can’t control, so take a deep breath and finish the material with the best intentions possible.

3 Likes

Sounds like fantastic wholesome advice, and I am working on getting it done as soon as possible. But I am 95% percent convinced my customer will accept the extended delivery time once he goes online again. If him accepting it means my profile don’t get damage, isn’t it good idea to message him that I will deliver it the second he accepts the extended delivery time?

1 Like

Alright, there is one thing I want to clerfy here and that is that I have 0 inteons to srew over my customer in order not to damage my fiverr profile.

If canceling is the best idea, I will still finish the 80 dollar order for my customer and deliver it in the inbox for FREE.

And if waiting for him to accept it is the best my phone makes a sound whenever something happens on my fiverr profile, so I will know right away that he has accepted my request for extended delivery time, and if its already finished by then then he will get his delivery whit in 8 minutes.

I have been non stop working from 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening these last 3 days. I didnt know you could request extended time before about 4 hours ago otherwise I would have askt much earlier.

YES! My customer accepted my request before the 2 hour timer went to 0! Thank you! False alarm! Thanks to all of you who responded as well.

1 Like

Oh, and to you before I leave, I want to say that I did like your response even tho I must have sounded quite desperate (because I was). Just so you know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m glad to hear your client accepted the extension. I know it’s a burden of stress off one’s back.

It was totally a pleasure mine to assist you, have an amazing continuation of the day.

Mix Jones