I see Lilly Singh is now on Fiverr Pro, What do you think about it?

hardikmeckwan

Are you checked Lilly Singh’s Fiverr profile? What do you think about it?

In future celebrities will also provide services on Fiverr?

Thank you.

Honestly, I have no idea who “Lilly Singh” is. I’ve never heard of her, therefore, to me, she’s just another Fiverr seller. I have nothing against celebrity sellers – some might say I am one myself – however, in most cases, a celebrity on Fiverr is probably a marketing endeavor to bring users to the site. And that’s okay… every business does that sort of thing at some point.

Honestly, I have no idea who “Lilly Singh” is. I’ve never heard of her, therefore, to me, she’s just another Fiverr seller. I have nothing against celebrity sellers – some might say I am one myself – however, in most cases, a celebrity on Fiverr is probably a marketing endeavor to bring users to the site. And that’s okay… every business does that sort of thing at some point.

Lilly Singh

Lilly Singh, is a Canadian YouTuber, comedian, television host and actress of Indian descent, widely known as IISuperwomanII. In 2017, she was ranked tenth on the Forbes list of the world’s highest paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $10.5 million. Wikipedia

Lilly Singh

Lilly Singh, is a Canadian YouTuber, comedian, television host and actress of Indian descent, widely known as IISuperwomanII. In 2017, she was ranked tenth on the Forbes list of the world’s highest paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $10.5 million. Wikipedia

widely known as IISuperwomanII

Eh. Gal Gadot is the only Superwoman I know. 😉

she was ranked tenth on the Forbes list of the world’s highest paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $10.5 million.

Ah. Eh. Not my cup of tea. But I imagine she appeals to a younger demographic.

widely known as IISuperwomanII

Eh. Gal Gadot is the only Superwoman I know. 😉

she was ranked tenth on the Forbes list of the world’s highest paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $10.5 million.

Ah. Eh. Not my cup of tea. But I imagine she appeals to a younger demographic.

I imagine she appeals to a younger demographic.

I totally agree. Personally, I don’t watch Youtube, but I have friends who adore her. I still don’t understand her gig, though.

@jonbaas Some demographics are easily entertained 😉

Indeed they are. I was just having a conversation about the rise of esports, and how that genre can fill entire stadiums of young people, just to watch other people (in rows of chairs and tables on the field) play video games a giant screen.

Indeed they are. I was just having a conversation about the rise of esports, and how that genre can fill entire stadiums of young people, just to watch other people (in rows of chairs and tables on the field) play video games a giant screen.

Yes I don’t get it. It’s mind numbing. I’ve tried to watch the one who’s name starts with a P. It puts me to sleep.

Yes I don’t get it. It’s mind numbing. I’ve tried to watch the one who’s name starts with a P. It puts me to sleep.

The same person I was talking to about esports was lamenting the fact that he was too busy – with life – to set up a Youtube/Twitch channel, in order to earn revenue from people watching his videos of him playing video games. People will pay to watch other people play video games. That baffles the mind.

I’d pay to go watch a baseball game at my favorite baseball stadium, but I don’t see the appeal in paying to watch someone else’s avatar jump up and down on a video screen.

The same person I was talking to about esports was lamenting the fact that he was too busy – with life – to set up a Youtube/Twitch channel, in order to earn revenue from people watching his videos of him playing video games. People will pay to watch other people play video games. That baffles the mind.

I’d pay to go watch a baseball game at my favorite baseball stadium, but I don’t see the appeal in paying to watch someone else’s avatar jump up and down on a video screen.

I used to think I could understand almost any type of human behavior, or at least figure out the reasons behind it, but not now. It reminds me of those tv programs that showed people painting their walls.

I used to think I could understand almost any type of human behavior, or at least figure out the reasons behind it, but not now. It reminds me of those tv programs that showed people painting their walls.

I think you two will understand soon enough. It’s just like sports - you watch the best in the game compete at the highest level. Others watch more entertainer types who are just funny and it’s like hanging out with your friends. It’s no big mystery why people like this.

If you want to see an esport that is more layperson friendly (a lot of the major ones like LoL are very info heavy and it’s hard to understand at first) check out something like Super Smash Bros or a first person shooter like CounterStrike or Rainbow Six.

I recommend at least understanding where people are coming from in this area because it will likely be a major cultural factor in the coming decades.

When I worked for a publishing house, they hired a football star of local descent to pen a monthly column in their children’s magazine.

It was short-lived because he was a very busy dude, he obviously wasn’t the one writing the column but his agent needed to provide a photo and approval from him on time which they couldn’t do half of the time. But the sales boost they got from it was phenomenal.

I never heard of her but she seems like a busy person so I don’t know how functional and long-term this involvement would be outside of the immediate promotional effect.

Also, there are places online where you can hire people like Charlie Sheen (if you’re into that sort of thing) to do a birthday shot out for $500. The idea of celebrities being just like us and selling affordably priced services is not new but again, I doubt they are good with consistency.

It looks like Miss Singh is offering to help someone produce a video on fiverr:

https://www.fiverr.com/pages/lilly-singh-tc

From the info that link has, she only selects the business or entrepreneurship (must be female-led) from the applications for the “Gig” and the video will be produced by a Fiverr Pro production team, it is explicitly mentioned that she won’t be part of the production team.

Like others, I think it’s a PR thing, and nothing wrong with that. If it’s going to help the selected business, great.

Else, I have no idea who she is, apart from what I read now because of this Fiverr thing, but I don’t think she knows who I am either, which both is fine. 😉

Not quite sure if you really can say celebrity x or y “is on Fiverr” or “has a gig on Fiverr”, as obviously nobody can just come and purchase that gig, and can order something else than the gig offers, etc., like they can with anybody else’s but have to apply, also need to be eligible in the first place, neither can ordinary sellers exclude men-led/female-led/by whomever-led businesses, but that’s not really the point anyway.

If it gets Fiverr street cred and more actual serious buyers and not just browsers or worse, YT folks abusing sellers for some “funny” video, it’s all good. If not, well, like we with our gigs and other things, Fiverr as a whole is entitled to experiment and try out things too.

If you don’t know who is Lilly Singh, then I tell you in short.
Lilly Singh is a 30 years old young most successful Canadian Youtuber, comedian, television host, and actress of Indian descent. She is the world’s highest-paid YouTube star (Earning $10 million) and she also frequently collaborates with many big celebrities on her youtube videos.

Archived