Fiverr Forum

I stand corrected! Fiverr is now Sixerr

I know there are processing and facilitation fees related to PayPal. 20% to Fiverr was a fair trade off. No, a buyer tells me. Gigs are $6 if not paid from your balance. I test this - withdraw my revenue and order a service. Yup, buyer wasn’t joking. $6 for a gig. Oh, and then I tipped the seller so there went another $6. Unfortunately, after a week, I realised the seller didn’t complete the work and set his profile to vacation mode. CS reviewed it, agreed and cancelled the order. I was refunded at $5 a pop. Where did the other $1 x 2 suddenly disappear to? Admin charges? Seriously, Fiverr contradicts their entire brand when you work with a single gig on this basis. Not cool guys!

This issue has happened to me also.
one time buyer told me why I charge him $6. You guys don’t know how I told him its not me its fiverr guys who charged from you. He even opens a ticket :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
You know what happened next lol.

The processing fee isn’t returned to you when you get a refund because it still applies when you spend the refund. This is all in the Fiverr terms.

Refunds are given back to you as Fiverr credit, so if you spent $10 total + $2 processing, you still have that $10 in your spending balance. When you purchase something at or below $10, it will come from that balance and no processing fee will be taken because you already paid it.

I’m not expressing agreement or disagreement with the fee, I’m just explaining why you didn’t get the $2 back and pointing out that it’s explained in the terms as well.

Nicely explained.
I saved your answer so I can paste it to my clients whenever they asked why its $6 :slight_smile:
Thanks for the clearing this out

Could you please share to me where is the term which tell about this?
Because when I read ToS for the first time before I joined in here, I didn’t find it.
Maybe I miss it :slight_smile: Because this is quite shocking. I just know, too about this thing even I am a seller. But this is a good information whenever my future buyer ask me. Thank you.

Look under Buyers, then Purchasing: “Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of July 2016, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $1 on purchases up to $20 and 5% on purchases above $20. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.”

Thank you very much! So, I missed that part then… sigh

Well, under withdrawals it states 2% if withdrawing to PayPal, up to $1. The $1 service fee from the actual gig is for other charges, as withdrawal costs are charged against your revenue balance as reflected.

Also, under purchasing, I found this:

Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of July 2016, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $1 on purchases up to $20 and 5% on purchases above $20. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.

So there it is: Terms of service. The Fiverr model began as quick services for 5 bucks. Now, if you want to make any money at all, you have to have value added services at higher package prices. Essentially, the implied brand statement no longer refers to quick jobs for quick bucks, but is simply a name for a freelancing site.

I am fortunate that most of my orders are value added orders, but I was taken aback by the 6 bucks comment from the buyer. But let’s remember, Fiverr is their site and concept and it is up to them to determine what happens and what not.

The $1 processing fee was increased from $0.50 last year and have been around for awhile now.

I buy often here and it really adds up. Because of the fee, I’ve made changes to my spending habits on 5r. As an example,

1. I almost never buy $5 gigs anymore
  2. I don’t buy from newbies or anyone with less than 100 reviews as often as I use to - although, I did do buyer’s request two months ago but that probably won’t happen again for a long time
  3. When working with regular sellers on small orders, I pre-tip
  4. When working with non regular sellers on small orders, they don’t get a tip. If they are good and I end up working with them again, then I’ll tip them 2x to make up for last time

Biggest change I’ve made: I no longer buy random $5 gigs for fun or to just give some newbie, level zero a chance. I’ve only done that twice this year and decided not to do it again.

Well, I hope I won’t get flagged, but here is my view why this $1 transaction fee is wrong decision is because if I were a buyer, I would order big gig, let’s say for $100 and paid that extra $1 so in total I would pay $101. Then I would say I order gig by mistake and I want cancellation and a refund. Of course we sellers don’t have any right here, so seller would have to accept it. Then I would get $100 to my balance with this I could buy 20 $5 gigs. :wink: So if you order 20 $5 gigs in current “system” you pay $20 for Fiverr transaction fee, which is in total $120. Not really fair for buyers and of course neather for sellers.

Regards,
Matevz

@matevzs1,

Your math is wrong. 5r changes a minimum of $1 or 5%, whichever is higher. So a $100 order will be $5 transaction fee or $105.00 total.

Last, I’m just sick and tired of all buyers being accused of be scammer, cheapskates, 5r only cares about buyers, no one cares about sellers and on and on and on.

You do know buyers read this forum? You do know a good majority of sellers are also buyers and some of them are regular buyers.

I’m a constipated :poop: buyer, since I haven’t made any purchases yet… :unamused:

DJ,

Thank you for letting us know your situation. :laughing:

Maybe some things should be left private… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don’t know about this issue

Well Gina, you can be sick of that and I actually agree with you. Read my post again before you attack me. :wink: I never wrote that all buyers are scammers and whatever else you accussed me of. I only wrote that Fiverr should not charge transaction fees as it not $5 gig anymore as our offers say, but $6 and it can be exploited - it looks like I was wrong about this part and also it is true that if buyer request cancellation with reason that he ordered by mistake, he will be refunded. There is NOTHING in my post about scamming buyers, because I am well aware that there are good and bad buyers, same as good and bad sellers. :wink: So behave yourself.

And it looks like than my calculation is partly right :wink: if someone buy $100 gig and cancel it he can buy 20 small gigs for $105, but if he buy 20 small gigs without balance he will pay $120

@matevzs1 - I think you are reading it wrong. It says $1 for a gig that costs less than $20 and 5% for a gig that costs more than 20. So in effect you would pay 105 not 101? Or am I missing something?

Yes, you are correct. I’ve read at least three or more post where some sellers have indicated this is exactly what their buyer did.

I suspect a few other “accidental double large orders” are the same thing.

P.S.: I got fired up earlier because of this.

I know there are plenty of nasty buyers. I hate and speak out against chargeback because that is a whimpy cop out.

I, however, believe sellers have great deal of rights as I’ve read many successful stories where the seller that was wronged got money back or bad reviews removed.

I can post some of those links but I think you’re savvy and can find those.

Yes, I understand you and sorry if I offended you. :wink: And once again, I believe there are much more great buyers than bad ones here, so I trully respect all buyers. :wink: According to my sentence there, I wrote it wrong here, I didn’t want to say, that we don’t have any rights on Fiverr at all, but that if someone says he ordered by mistake, we can’t do much about it, other than accept cancellation.

You are correct. :slight_smile: I was wrong about that, but still it’s difference between $105 and $120 and I think Fiverr have to fix this. (but I really hope, not by raising 5% to 20%, but to lower $1. :slight_smile: