Fiverr Community Forum

I think I’m being overcharged

I asked for a transcription of an 8 minute video of two songs, and according to their gigs, a video up to 10 minutes with two speakers in it should cost $10. But now the seller is charging me $50 out of nowhere. Is a seller allowed to do that? I’m very confused.

Edit: I paid him $12 for the order, but he messaged me saying it will now cost $50. I was worried if I will be billed more money.

They did not give an explanation. I made sure to ask beforehand if they could transcribe a song for me, and they said yes. Their gig charges $10 for videos 10min or less with two speakers in it, so I sent them an 8 min video w two songs (two singers specifically) I paid $12 already and received a transcription for one of the songs. But then he messaged me saying it will cost $50 for an 8 min video without an explanation.

1 Like

maybe is overcharging because he has to many clients and does that to take your order as a priority

1 Like

No, seller not allow to do that.

From a legal/TOS view: Of course they’re allowed to do it. You accepted the offer. Therefore, if you don’t like it you should have conducted research and been more careful.

From a fair/morale side: Maybe it is unfair, but it’s jusy business.

1 Like

Will I actually be billed $50? Can Fiverr prevent the seller from doing that?

Of course you will be charged $50. You accepted the offer.

This is over charging, if a seller offers 10 minutes video for $10 than they should not over charge.

Have you accepted the offer? you should not, if you feel that was unfair.

Sorry I should clarify. I paid $12, but then the seller said I will actually have to pay $50.

And did he give a reason…?

I should clarify: I paid $12 but he then messaged me saying I will now be paying $50. Sorry for the confusion.

They want to take advantage of you, you should report them.

He hasn’t… I initially paid $12 (10 plus $2 in service fees) but he messaged me saying it will now cost $50. He hasn’t explained why yet.

If you have already placed an order, a seller can’t change his mind and ask you to pay anymore. That’s completely preposterous.

3 Likes

So that means sellers on Fiverr can’t bill the buyer more after I’ve already paid, right? Thank you for you help.

1 Like

Transcribing a song is not the same as transcribing normal dialogue. You should just cancel this order. It sounds like you have unrealistic expectations, buyers remorse, and may have chosen the wrong seller.

2 Likes

I made sure to ask him before hand if it was okay, and he said it was though.

No, they can paid extra, if you need extra service.

What was the reason they gave to you to for their new price? It could very well be justified, or it could also be that they are jacking up the prices. It’s hard to tell without knowing this.

They did not give an explanation. I made sure to ask beforehand if they could transcribe a song for me, and they said yes. Their gig charges $10 for videos 10min or less with two speakers in it, so I sent them an 8 min video w two songs (two singers specifically) I paid $12 already and received a transcription for one of the songs. But then he messaged me saying it will cost $50 for an 8 min video without an explanation.

1 Like