I think the seller used bots

cptdanko

Not sure what to do here? This is the first time I have experienced this on Fiverr. I ordered a gig and the gig claimed to promote my app to “organic viewers”. This is what the gig said,
What Will I do?

01. Organic viewers and potential users of your app/game. 02. Get the response from the audience. 03. Relevant Groups and Communities. 04. Shared on relevant social media pages. 05. Organic audience and not bot. 06. 100% satisfaction Guarantee"

I was expecting that he would just post something on a popular Facebook page or Twitter… but the seller marked the job complete and claimed to have done and provided no evidence of sharing things anywhere? but he showed downloads and reviews the next day and asked for a review so I did give him a good review. However when I checked my analytics console there was no app usage from those days. Those downloads and reviews were totally fake. Is there a way to change my review? or more importantly, how can I warn people against purchasing this seller’s service?

For a situation like this, careful reading of the gig description is needed, and the seller should have exactly done what was described. Going viral is a non-specific term, as far as I know.

So this is the determining factor in whether you qualify for a refund or not; whether he did what he described or not. You can contact customer support for a refund.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A REFUND!!! That’s fine! I just want people to know about this seller so they don’t make the same mistake as me. The gig claims to “promote your product to 50m audience”…and after it was done, the seller did not provide any evidence to have done that? Like a screenshot for a social media post or something?

Anyway now I cannot see any of his gigs when I click on his gigs. It just says, “the seller has no gigs to display”

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A REFUND!!! That’s fine! I just want people to know about this seller so they don’t make the same mistake as me. The gig claims to “promote your product to 50m audience”…and after it was done, the seller did not provide any evidence to have done that? Like a screenshot for a social media post or something?

Anyway now I cannot see any of his gigs when I click on his gigs. It just says, “the seller has no gigs to display”

I just want people to know about this seller so they don’t make the same mistake as me.

That’s what the reviews are for. It won’t help you in this case anymore probably, but you can give a review for up to 10 days after a seller delivers, so if it’s something you can’t really check right away at delivery, you can wait with your review until you can.

Fiverr only recently changed their review system to a “blind review system” and with it the amount of days to leave a review, before that it was even up to 30 days.

If a seller did something that definitely wasn’t okay, however, like delivering a logo that is copyrighted by someone else, not sure if not providing evidence of work like screenshots falls under that, you could probably try asking support if they’ll remove the good review at least. Changing reviews seems not allowed anymore under the new system.

I just want people to know about this seller so they don’t make the same mistake as me.

That’s what the reviews are for. It won’t help you in this case anymore probably, but you can give a review for up to 10 days after a seller delivers, so if it’s something you can’t really check right away at delivery, you can wait with your review until you can.

Fiverr only recently changed their review system to a “blind review system” and with it the amount of days to leave a review, before that it was even up to 30 days.

If a seller did something that definitely wasn’t okay, however, like delivering a logo that is copyrighted by someone else, not sure if not providing evidence of work like screenshots falls under that, you could probably try asking support if they’ll remove the good review at least. Changing reviews seems not allowed anymore under the new system.

ok thanks for the reply, is there an email for Fiverr support that I can send an email to? I mean on their support url, it’s just a set of pre-answered questions.

Anyway the seller didn’t exactly say viral but this is some text from his gig

_"Don’t worry, I bring a solution for you. I will Advertise your mobile app/game to 50m social members through different apps, games promotional groups on Facebook & LinkedIn etc. _

What Will I do?

01. Organic viewers and potential users of your app/game. 02. Get the response from the audience. 03. Relevant Groups and Communities. 04. Shared on relevant social media pages. 05. Organic audience and not bot. 06. 100% satisfaction Guarantee"

It was NONE OF THAT, just a bunch of fake downloads and 2 fake reviews after which there was pressure to give a good review. Also very poor communication with the seller

ok thanks for the reply, is there an email for Fiverr support that I can send an email to? I mean on their support url, it’s just a set of pre-answered questions.

_"Don’t worry, I bring a solution for you. I will Advertise your mobile app/game to 50m social members through different apps, games promotional groups on Facebook & LinkedIn etc. _

What Will I do?

It was NONE OF THAT, just a bunch of fake downloads and 2 fake reviews after which there was pressure to give a good review. Also very poor communication with the seller

This should have reflected on the review you gave them. It sounds like you weren’t satisfied at all. It’s to late now but you should have waited to see if they delivered what they promised before leaving the review. Good luck in the future.

What Will I do?

There is a neutral category in the drop-down, something like 'other selling/buying features, when I can’t find anything that fits better, I choose that, but there also is a mail address: support@fiverr.com

If you already created a support ticket though, it’s better to stick with that one and wait for a reply, as mailing them will create another support ticket and it might get messy if different people deal with different tickets for the same issue.

The gig claims to “promote your product to 50m audience

How much you paid for it. There is your answer what he did.

I am doing SEO and SEO is expensive. But some of prices on fiverr blow my mind. It take me three days to draw a plan for any order and i am fast. but on here people deliver there order in 3 days. How they do it hint is in the price

Guest merciavideo

Ok sometimes buyers ask for things that can not be done with 5$. To go something viral in 50M people it is not something that you achieve with 5$. You get what you pay for. Seo needs a lot of time, work and money don´t forget about that.

You get what you pay for. Seo needs a lot of time, work and money don´t forget about that.

True, but not the buyer’s fault if the seller basically lied in the gig description? A healthy dose of scepticism is necessary as a buyer, but sellers should actually be truthful in what they’re offering.

You get what you pay for. Seo needs a lot of time, work and money don´t forget about that.

True, but not the buyer’s fault if the seller basically lied in the gig description? A healthy dose of scepticism is necessary as a buyer, but sellers should actually be truthful in what they’re offering.

Exactly - I think sometimes people forget this!

A buyer hoping to get a lot for very little cost is not actually doing anything wrong (against the rules) but a seller who is saying they will do a lot for very little cost and then doesn’t do it IS actually breaking the rules.

Ok sometimes buyers ask for things that can not be done with 5$. To go something viral in 50M people it is not something that you achieve with 5$. You get what you pay for. Seo needs a lot of time, work and money don´t forget about that.

I don’t think you read my follow-up post, where I posted the sellers actual gig description i.e.

What Will I do?

So it wasn’t about 50million or so. The seller says very clearly that he would share it on relevant social media pages and gave no evidence of that. He had no proof whatsoever, he was just kept pushing me to give him a 5 star review.

I don’t think you read my follow-up post, where I posted the sellers actual gig description i.e.

What Will I do?

So it wasn’t about 50million or so. The seller says very clearly that he would share it on relevant social media pages and gave no evidence of that. He had no proof whatsoever, he was just kept pushing me to give him a 5 star review.

It sounds like it is too late to change your feedback but your forum post may of done more good than writing a bad review. Your review would soon be buried while your forum post may be read many times over. Those who read your post may approach any similar gigs with more caution before ordering or before writing a review.

As a marketer I can tell you that going “viral” is an extremely difficult task to achieve… even professional actors, musicians, comedians etc. don’t go viral over night.

Some of HOW – involves marketing, but there’s so many other dynamics involved. Maybe you think you app, song or whatever you’re trying to get seen is fabulous, and no one else does…👀 (not saying that is the case), but what is GREAT to people, is very subjective, often a matter of personal taste … I can pretty much confidently tell you that no gig on fiverr, is going to get anything to go “viral”.

In addition, audiences of “millions” is nonsense. We ALL have a potential audience of “millions” if we go on twitter, instagram, etc via domino effect if we share a viral worthy post (doesn’t happen often however) … a personal audience that engages content – is a whole other thing.

Be very cautious, and think rationally when ordering marketing gigs.

It sounds like it is too late to change your feedback but your forum post may of done more good than writing a bad review. Your review would soon be buried while your forum post may be read many times over. Those who read your post may approach any similar gigs with more caution before ordering or before writing a review.

Thanks mate, you understand one of the main objectives of my post, appreciate it!

Archived