Fiverr Forum

I thought it was an early April Fool joke (updated)

A week ago I posted I need a header for my WP Blog and right away a person with no feedback replied and said he could do it within 24 hours, so I paid him and sent him the info. When he delivered three days later the logo was so bad I thought it was a joke. First off, he spelled the name of my blog incorrectly, the colors were all wrong (brown and orange for a green blog theme) and the header was way too small. Also I could tell by the name of the header he made it in flamingtext.com. I contacted him first telling him my concerns and no reply so I requested a mutual cancellation which he rejected so now I used the “reject work” link and I am waiting. How can he possibly think I can use a header with the name spelled incorrectly? Even if the colors and size were correct, the name has to be spelled correctly. This bad experience has taught me never to hire a person without feedback. I have attached the logo he sent me so you can see how bad it is. The header I made myself is much better.

UPDATE: The seller contacted me and said he will create a new header for me, and the reason he is having difficulty is because he has a poor internet connection in Nigeria. His profile lists him as being in the USA and you don’t need an internet connection to make a header unless you’re using flamingtext.com which he apparently uses.

If he’s really in Nigeria and not the USA as he states isn’t that cause to investigate him???

I am sorry you had a bad experience but please do not let that deter you from buying from someone with no feedback, I do believe this is a cautionary tale. Make sure you stay in contact with Customer Support and let us know the final outcome of this transaction. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply, I have not been in touch with customer support, I was hoping by clicking the Reject Work button this could be resolved. If it is not resolved I plan to leave him negative feedback instead of no feedback.

UPDATE: The seller contacted me and said he will create a new header for me, and the reason he is having difficulty is because he has a poor internet connection in Nigeria. His profile lists him as being in the USA and you don’t need an internet connection to make a header unless you’re using flamingtext.com which he apparently uses.

If he’s really in Nigeria and not the USA as he states isn’t that cause to investigate him???

Reply to @dorim: I would drop Customer Support a message with the Order # and advise them of what you have posted here that the seller is claiming to be from the US but stated they are in Nigeria. Thanks for keeping us updated

Feedback CAN be a good indicator of someone’s work - note I said “CAN”. I agree with tn5rr2012, it’s a cautionary tale and try not to judge a group of sellers based on one. And always makes sure you see (and double-check) any samples the seller has. Again, not foolproof, but it helps.

I hope the new logo works for you!