I thought it was forbidden to deliver unfinished work but Fiverr write the opposite!

carineb

I have read many times on this forum that it’s forbidden to deliver an incomplete job but, I have just discovered on this page: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/all-about-order-completion that fiverr wrote the opposite. They even suggest to deliver a draft if we don’t have time to finish the job on time:
For larger requests, do as much work as you can to the Gig before submitting at the deadline. Even if the finishing touches are missing, communicate clearly to the buyer that you’re delivering a near-complete draft and that you’ll make any final tweaks during the revisions stage of the order.
Is this a new rule on Fiverr ? Are sellers now allowed to deliver an incomplete gig ?
I have never delivered late (and I don’t plan to deliver late…) but this advice seems very strange !

I have read many times on this forum that it’s forbidden to deliver an incomplete job but, I have just discovered on this page: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/all-about-order-completion that fiverr wrote the opposite. They even suggest to deliver a draft if we don’t have time to finish the job on time:

For larger requests, do as much work as you can to the Gig before submitting at the deadline. Even if the finishing touches are missing, communicate clearly to the buyer that you’re delivering a near-complete draft and that you’ll make any final tweaks during the revisions stage of the order.

Is this a new rule on Fiverr ? Are sellers now allowed to deliver an incomplete gig ?

I have never delivered late (and I don’t plan to deliver late…) but this advice seems very strange !

Even if the finishing touches are missing, communicate clearly to the buyer that you’re delivering a near-complete draft and that you’ll make any final tweaks during the revisions stage of the order.

There is a very big difference between delivering an empty order and one which is missing the finishing touches. The issues I have with this are:

Who decides what is the finishing touches?

Who decides what is a reasonable amount of time for the finishing touches to be complete?

Basically, anything there is a ? about is open to interpretation by the buyer and CS.

In this case, what usually seems to happen is that it is all ok until one buyer complains and then CS says you did a bad thing…

Personally, I would stay away from anything like that - in the end, if the buyer says you only half delivered and CS agrees then you will be in big trouble.

How many buyers will be satisfied with the delivery of incomplete work? I’m not sure if this is a good thing to tell sellers.

How would a buyer rate the “Service as Described” portion of the review? The seller, technically, didn’t deliver as described; unless he wrote in his gig, “I will deliver nearly finished work which may be missing finishing touches.”

No, bad, bad, bad, idea. I would not be happy with “near-complete” draft at deadline. I want that before deadline, if the seller had problems. I want the finished product at deadline.

Even if the finishing touches are missing, communicate clearly to the buyer that you’re delivering a near-complete draft and that you’ll make any final tweaks during the revisions stage of the order.

There is a very big difference between delivering an empty order and one which is missing the finishing touches. The issues I have with this are:

Who decides what is a reasonable amount of time for the finishing touches to be complete?

Basically, anything there is a ? about is open to interpretation by the buyer and CS.

In this case, what usually seems to happen is that it is all ok until one buyer complains and then CS says you did a bad thing…

Personally, I would stay away from anything like that - in the end, if the buyer says you only half delivered and CS agrees then you will be in big trouble.

I completely agree with you. I will stay away from that!

I don’t understand why Fiverr give such an advice. It’s really dangerous for sellers!

I completely agree with you. I will stay away from that!

I don’t understand why Fiverr give such an advice. It’s really dangerous for sellers!

I think from a buying perspective, if the seller knew my order was not urgent and they part delivered at deadline and said it will be finished within an hour then it would be fine. Saves them having to request an extension which the average buyer may not see for 3 more days!

Still though, I would not advise this unless you have a really good relationship with the buyer.

There is a very big difference between delivering an empty order and one which is missing the finishing touches

Indeed here everything is about communication, on my first order i remember i had a problem with my pc and gcc so i wasn’t able to test by my self the code on deadline so i had to do a blind deliver, gladly the buyer was a cool one so he marked the order as complete, and we keep talking via pm to fix the bugs, was funny having to deliver for him to test then send me screens of required fix

The terms of service say “Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller”.

The terms of service also says “Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig.”.

The terms of service seems to say you can only deliver an order when an order is complete (or fulfilled). ie. that you’re not supposed to knowingly deliver an incomplete order, which seems to be not what the link above is saying.

Whoever wrote that didn’t read the terms of service apparently. No one double checks things like that before it gets published. Possibly the person who wrote that isn’t even a seller.

Fiverr needs to remove that.

Whoever wrote that didn’t read the terms of service apparently. No one double checks things like that before it gets published. Possibly the person who wrote that isn’t even a seller.

Fiverr needs to remove that.

Whoever wrote that didn’t read the terms of service apparently.

This advice is taken from Seller Help Center. Is this section written by someone else than Fiverr team ?

Whoever wrote that didn’t read the terms of service apparently.

This advice is taken from Seller Help Center. Is this section written by someone else than Fiverr team ?

I don’t know who wrote it but obviously they didn’t read the TOS. I imagine an office where someone was given the task of writing something, wrote it, and it was published. But the person was not familiar with the TOS in spite of being on the fiverr team.

Guest theeditor3

I’ve actually done this a couple times…but I typically communicate it with the buyer before hand…as long as there’s proper communication between you and the buyer, and fiverr’s not losing money, it should be fine, but for some kind of gigs, I see how this can be problematic. But don’t deliver half done work, last minute and not let the buyer know what’s going on before-hand, so they can decide if they want to continue or not

There is a very big difference between delivering an empty order and one which is missing the finishing touches

Indeed here everything is about communication, on my first order i remember i had a problem with my pc and gcc so i wasn’t able to test by my self the code on deadline so i had to do a blind deliver, gladly the buyer was a cool one so he marked the order as complete, and we keep talking via pm to fix the bugs, was funny having to deliver for him to test then send me screens of required fix

i had a problem with my pc and gcc so i wasn’t able to test by my self the code on deadline so i had to do a blind deliver

You didn’t “have to”, you chose to. And you broke the rules of Fiverr in the process. You’re lucky Fiverr didn’t catch you and penalize you for doing so.

i had a problem with my pc and gcc so i wasn’t able to test by my self the code on deadline so i had to do a blind deliver

You didn’t “have to”, you chose to. And you broke the rules of Fiverr in the process. You’re lucky Fiverr didn’t catch you and penalize you for doing so.

And you broke the rules of Fiverr in the process

how so?.. and i think everybody here is confused about the difference between unfinished and incomplete/empty

And you broke the rules of Fiverr in the process

how so?.. and i think everybody here is confused about the difference between unfinished and incomplete/empty

You’re the only one who is “confused” in here. The Fiverr TOS is clear:

“Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Gig… Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller.”

You cannot deliver “unfinished” work in order to get around the order deadline. Every order has a deadline, and every seller must deliver the completed order before that deadline.

Your excuses and support for “unfinished deliveries” is invalid. The rules are clearly written.

Wrong article. The writer seems to have little or no understanding of this platform.

Extending delivery time is a better way instead of delivering a draft.

Yes, I will go with @cagricilara

If you are unable to finish before time, share the file with the buyer so they can see your progress, and then request for a delivery time extension from them with reasons.

I have done this before, and I feel that is the best thing to do instead of delivering an incomplete job.

Even I won’t take that.

Archived