Fiverr Community Forum

I was scammed by a seller, what will CS do?

I sent the below quoted text to customer support just now. I’ve never had to raise a ticket with CS before, so, what usually happens based on the below text please? Many thanks.

Seller provided me the download link via Discord. After I rated him positive and then marked the order saying I received my goods, a day later, the decryption key / password was changed so I was no longer able to access what I actually purchased.

I’ve tried to contact the seller via Discord, but I’ve had no response. Please see attached. If you’d like to see that the link he provided actually doesn’t work, please go to: https://mega.nz/folder/nksDVCCB#cscdbG8t06MHnc9G_BuLQ

As you can see, the password has obviously been changed to prevent me accessing it.

Images attached are as follows:
Name: mega.png > evidence that the link provided by the seller leads to a password protected document
image1.png > evidence that shows the seller giving me this link via Discord
image0.png > evidence that shows I asked the seller for the new password / decryption key and that he is ignoring my messages prior to raising a support request here.

Looking forward to your response,
07xxxxxxxx

New members can only upload one image per post. Image ref: image1.png

New members can only upload one image per post. Image ref: image0.png

Well its quite unethical as well as unprofessional if the seller has deliberately changed the key/password. I hope the CS will help you in this case. Though due to a huge amount of tickets, the CS response shall be a little slow i.e it may take upto 13 days for them to process your issue

I recommend looking at the Fiver TOS to learn more and have a strong case

Welcome to the Fiverr forums. Unfortunately, Fiverr can do little, as you’ve taken communication off the platform.

The complete section of the ToS regarding your query, with relevant text emphasized.
I would highly recommend taking the time to read it in it’s entirety, as you are bound by them as of signing up for an account. https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

5 Likes

You’re always coming in with the real-deal answers. We’re lucky to have you on the forums :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like