Fiverr Community Forum

I will design a professional book cover for you in one day!

Hey there! I’m trying to get my first order here, and to be honest I’m having trouble. I’m a graphic designer with many years of experience that is willing to create an original cover design for you in one day. I would appreciate if you considered being my first order. Alternatively, could you give me a few tips on how to get some orders? Thank you either way! Here are my examples;

Here is the link; https://www.fiverr.com/evahelmi/make-a-professional-cover-for-you-book-in-one-day

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

wow, great design! Keep sending buyer request and promote your gigs on social media’s hope you get an order soon

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice! Is it normal not to see any buyer requests? I’m really new here so I’m not sure :blush:

I was impressed by the pictures and am looking for fiction book covers, so I checked out some of the examples. I’m a bit confused.

I looked up “Black Water Lilies” and the book says that an Amanda Kain designed the cover, which is not you.
I couldn’t find any of the other books, although I didn’t spend tons of time looking.

1 Like

visit my profile! hope you will get good work

1 Like

raise your price - 20$ is way too low for that type of work - and you will get more orders.

1 Like

Hey! I get the confusion, when I uploaded the design on my portfolio I made it pretty candid but I totally forgot to add it somewhere in the gig. Here is the statement;

“I want to make clear that the design idea is NOT mine. I had purchased this book by Michel Bussi in Greek and, looking it up online, I found a completely other desing for the French book. This is not a demonstration of my skill in pitching ideas but a demonstration of my Photoshop skills. This is a recreation, and I take no credit for the idea!”

I’ll probably just change the cover in my examples, the only reason I included this is because I thought I did a good job with the Photoshop aspect!

The rest of the book covers were made for non-commercial use — but, if the authors wish to traditionally publish the books, we’ve already discussed the payment.

Really? I thought people were looking for cheaper services, but maybe that puts them off?

“curiosity killed the cat” - e.g., if you are [a bit] more expensive potential buyers will be curious why you are more expensive - and once have a look at your portfolio understand why and hopefully make an order. For instance, i don’t have book cover gigs on fiverr, but I did book covers for real life clients and my starting price was over 300$. We are talking about real - paper books - here, not ebooks. Publishing a book as an author sets you back at least a few thousand, so asking for a fraction of the cost makes perfect sense.

At the end what do you prefer - 50 clients [and jobs] paying you $20 or 10 clients [and jobs] paying you $100 - I guess thats a rhetorical question :wink:

Also, a higher price filters out bad buyers - trust me, at some point they WILL create issues when your [cheap] gigs get popular.

1 Like

Make sense! $300 does sound a bit jarring since I haven’t had a lot of commercial experience, but I’ll definitely bump it up to 40-50 dollars and see what happens. Thank you for the advice, by the way, I really appreciate it!

Really awesome design. Keep it up.

1 Like

Isn’t it against copyright law to use other people’s designs for your commercial purposes? It’s definitely against Fiverr TOS. I’d suggest only using your designs to advertise your gig.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally understand. I removed the full image and until I remake the examples image I’ve added a disclaimer in the gig. I apologize for that!