Fiverr Community Forum

I will write you a premium article in 24h

Hi, my name is Gerard and I have 3 years of experience writing. I am a thorough researcher so I will make sure that whatever the topic, I will write something engaging, interesting, and informative for your audience. I have good English skills with 3 years of writing experience. I use online tools, mainly Grammarly Premium which includes plagiarism checks and grammatic and structure of sentence checks so I can assure you that the article will be original and grammatically correct. I am also a fast writer so I can write fast while still keeping the quality at an upmost high. Thank you and I hope you will visit my gig.

3 Likes

I’m not being critical, but 2,000 words of original content for $5 is too cheap.

It would take me at least half a day to research and write 2,000 words to a level sufficient for publication.

Half a day of my time is a lot more than $5!

I’d encourage you to think about your advertising of Grammarly Premium.

Ask yourself, would a skilled writer need such a tool? The answer is no.

If you choose to use Grammarly, then fine. But it’s not an attractive selling point for genuine publishers. Maybe the sketchy reseller types might buy into it though.

2 Likes

Every writer needs Grammarly. Any writer who says they don’t is a giant liar. However, no one needs Grammarly Premium. It’s rubbish.

Yeah, you won’t get orders this way, OP. At least not from anyone who isn’t a scammer. There are now lots of freelance writing sites other than Fiverr, were minimum rates start at $15 for 500-words. People don’t see ultra-low prices as an incentive to buy from you. They see them as a sign you are desperate and probably not that good a writer.

If you want to offer high word counts, you would be better off offering to write things like lead magnets. Then you can charge higher prices even as a new seller.

1 Like

Are you seriously saying professional writers need Grammarly? Good grief!

I can’t think of anything worse. It strips the personality from individuals and tries to iron out any small imperfections that actually make a writer’s style unique.

I genuinely can’t think of any other writing tool that is more anodyne, dull and unnecessary than Grammarly.

Is my writing perfect? No, of course not. Is my writing identifiable to a reader as spewing from my mind? Maybe. Well, I sincerely hope so - as that’s what I’m paid for outside of Fiverr.

I suspect that JK Rowling didn’t use Grammarly. I know for a fact that George Orwell didn’t use Grammarly.

We’re not going to agree on this one!

Please share with the class :joy: :joy:

God you can be insufferable sometimes. Yes, I am saying all good writers should use Grammarly. Going by your logic, I could break into Stephen King’s writing studio and start slapping him round the face with his keyboard for using the spellchecker in MS Word.

"Aren’t you a professional author Stephen? What’s all this cheating then?" - Bang!

I did not say that you have to take Grammarly’s suggestions as Gospel. It is a tool, and a pretty good one. You can use it in lots of different ways.

I personally use Grammarly as a cheat for letting an article rest. I can look at the same article on my wordprocessor for hours (I know, I’m cheating, I should be using a typewriter) and not see any errors. However, I can drop the same article into Grammarly, and spot glaring issues straight away, even when issues are not flagged as issues by Grammarly at all.

Grammarly is also handy for dealing with idiot buyers who try to accuse you of plagiarism or not being a native English writer. Go to Grammarly, download a report showing your work is unique and readable to a high-standard, and hey presto, buyers shut up and disappear.

Yes, lets all bow to JK Rowling, and her famous Harry Potter book series that ‘borrowed’ inspiration from the 1980s books about a boy wizard called Larry Potter published by the much less celebrity sounding Nancy Stouffer… :thinking:

I have no desire to agree with you. If I wanted to have someone dictate how I work or live my life, I’d move back in with my mother. :wink:

2 Likes

The ex-wife said I was insufferable.

In my opinion Grammarly removes colour from the world. It hides the sparkle of an author’s imagination.

Do you think vastly overpaid editorial writers are sat hunched over their keyboards hanging onto recommendations made by Grammarly? No, of course not!

The world does not need Grammarly. We’ve managed very well without for several centuries.

Personality and difference in writing is very important. Grammarly strips that.

It’s only an opinion.

Writers have editors/agents, though. Who spellcheck, suggest, and sometimes even make them rewrite chunks of the original manuscript. A lot of personality goes away with that. Stephen King thanks to his editor quite often in the foreword, for instance.

I just love publishing drama, I follow this stuff :slight_smile: Grammarly isn’t the problem. Publishers who are obsessed with cloning the same thing that sells are.

1 Like

My point is that professional writers should have belief in their words.

I use spell check to check for silly errors on my part. That’s a no brainer.

Do I need a piece of software to try and explain why the construction of a sentence doesn’t adhere to certain rules. Err, no I don’t.

I will twist and bend those rules as much as I like. Why? Because as writers that’s how we create compelling content stamped with our personality.

Have you even ever used Grammarly? Grammarly strips nothing from my work. If I type a document in Word and quickly paste it into Grammarly to see if I’ve missed any glaring errors, how is that stripping away anything?

All ex-wives say that. It’s part of their divorce lawyer coaching. Or did she tell you this in an email? If so, maybe she had some more creative insults raring to go, but God damned Grammarly stripped them all out… :thinking:

Well, it’s here and so are things like Flesch–Kincaid reading ease scores for online content and an e-book industry that has taken the independent bookstore, put it in a cultural crematorium, and smashed Jeff Bezos’ fist on the incinerate button.

Like it or not, the world changes. I’m sure that all of us writers would like to go back to writing on parchment in cold monastery chambers being paranoid about Vikings coming to steal our gold. But it’s just not that easy to go back now is it?

You do if you write for websites and Google uses certain rules to decide how well content ranks. However, that is a whole other toolset and debate for another fighty evening on the forum.

I kind of get it. Adobe Illustrator used to have this “suggested palette” (or something like that) panel. You’d pick a color and it’d offer you a selection of other colors that go well with it (in its opinion). My immediate reaction to that was: “I don’t remember asking you for suggestions”. And I removed it.

But ultimately, I don’t think the software can affect your originality that much. It’s the need to sell that does it. So we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I’m not a writer, of course, I just get triggered by JK Rowling being mentioned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We neither wish to agree, or indeed will agree on this one.

Form my point of view, Grammarly is the preserve of mediocre writers who don’t have the conviction of their own words.

Indeed, even the paid for adverts on YouTube pitch Grammarly at occasional writers who are unsure about how to use the English language correctly.

Do national newspaper editors use Grammarly? No. Do senior editors use Grammarly? No.

Why? Because these are professionals at the top of their game.

Their minds are sharp. They don’t need to be spoon-fed rules.

The best writers know when to bend and break rules. Not follow them.

It’s a spellchecker! What are you smoking? You are acting like Grammarly tells you what and how to write.

How do you know? You might be trying to sound mighter than thou, but you are selling 1,000-words of proofreading for $10 on Fiverr, not rubbing shoulders with the editors at Random House. Besides that, you are contradicting your own point.

What do newspaper editors use? How the fudge would I know? But guess what, they are editors. They are editing something written by someone else. Is that the approach you want all writers on Fiverr to adopt? Everyone should hire a Guardian editor to look over their work before they submit it to their clients?

I’m guessing that would cost a bomb. If only there was a kind of spellchecker you could use for free to proof your own work. Oh, wait! There is! - But apparently you are a literary antichrist if you use it. Well, that’s unfortunate.

So once again, no writer should use tools to edit and tweak their writing? Hemmingway Writer, AutoCrit, and Scrivener are all evil wordy swiss army knives that wannabe mek-sell writers use to cheat?

You’re not making an argument here. You are just repeating platitudes to make yourself sound like some maestro wordsmith, who is so talented you could write a bestseller with your eyes closed while saving a baby from a burning building.

I’m not buying it. If you are seeing ads on Youtube for Grammarly, you have cookies in your browser that have been set by Grammarly. This means you have at least looked at it. Why would you do that if you are this generation’s answer to James Joyce?

Using your zero-tolerance to software logic, you are a fraud as a writer if you are using a word processor with a spellchecker. Likewise, any photographer who retouches a photo in Photoshop is a fraud.

Do you know how many drugs Hunter S. Thompson had before breakfast? Do you know how much money Dostoyevsky spent on drugs and gambling? Are you aware of the fact that Stephen King can’t remember writing some of his best work because he spent most of his life as a drunk?

Funny how most of their books are free of spelling and grammar errors. I guess that’s because they had good editors and proofreaders at hand.

Sadly, if you are on Fiverr, or if you are a non-bestselling author anywhere, you probably don’t. Thankfully, though, there are free tools like Grammarly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not to get too indebted into this but yes, there are some that do… just to ensure that their work is perfected! As writers, we make the worst editors. What hurts to have an extra pair of “eyes” to glance over the work. I use Grammarly myself, and it’s funny how many times I read a sentence - sometimes - I miss that little “a” in front of a word.

Now, I don’t take everything Grammarly says at face value. After all, I am editing AP style, and it doesn’t account for that. Sometimes, I go back to my AP manual and brush up. However, when words begin to blur after hours of writing, I always ALWAYS love to have a backup editor. I have made stupid little mistakes such as the word “little” where I would accidentally write “litlte” and not catch it. Believe it or not, Microsoft’s own editing doesn’t always catch the mistake. Grammarly helps.

That’s my two cents.

2 Likes