I wonder what daily life on Fiverr would be like without

voiceoverwork

I wonder what daily life on Fiverr would be like without all the excess weight of Fake Accounts, Duplicate Accounts, Inactive Accounts, Copy Cat Gigs, Gigs that breach ToS, Gigs that infringe on Copyrights, etc etc etc.

Would Fiverr performance improve with a good grooming?

Would it be easier and more attractive to Buyers?

Would Fiverr’s overall sales rise without all the clutter?

Guest celticmoon

Yes, I think some debridement would be very beneficial to Fiverr~

I just found this buyer complaint, and honestly, I feel terrible for the buyer! Some sellers, I don’t think they have any real idea how to do the services they sell, they just see that it’s a popular category and a way to make money doing something online, and maybe they can get away with some money while they’re muddling through.

Honestly, I think it’s better this way as it looks better to Fiverr’s investors and to buyers as well. More appeal brings in more buyers, which in turn brings in more sales and more investment. I like to think of it as a grocery store. More than 90% of what’s in the store is just BS. However, people tend to buy that BS on their way to the good stuff(Hence why milk and other high demand items are usually in the back of the store.). Fortunately with Fiverr’s business model when the BS is bought, that 20% is forever in Fiverr’s pockets even if an order is cancelled unless by a dispute opened on PP. They would rather people buy the BS and cancel and perhaps reinvest that money into another gig than to not be here at all. I had a client that literally sunk their funds into one of my gigs with all extras ordered simply because they couldn’t move the funds off-site and they figured it’s best to give those funds to someone. So uh, in that case. It worked out great for me!

Guest celticmoon

That’s actually a pretty good analogy: a supermarket. I just wish the crap piled up by the registers wasn’t quite so…crappy! ~lol~

I wonder how many gig there would be left if the Fiverr fairy waved a

magic wand and made all the fake gigs, copy cats gigs and TOS breaching gigs disappear.

I am guessing several thousand gigs will be gone right away! 😛

I use to do a lot of shopping on Ebay. Talk about a dangerous place for a buyer! At least with a supermarket - or any physical store - you can see the BS before you buy it (though, of course, that doesn’t stop the impulse buying).

voiceoverwork said: Would Fiverr performance improve with a good grooming?

Depends, if server resources are being limited then yes, if the servers are juiced up already then there would be no difference.

voiceoverwork said: Would it be easier and more attractive to Buyers?

Easier - yes, more attractive - no

voiceoverwork said: Would Fiverr's overall sales rise without all the clutter?

Fiverrs overall might not but the remaining sellers would most definitely benefit

mgjohn78 said: Depends, if server resources are being limited then yes, if the servers are juiced up already then there would be no difference.

Sorry, didn't mean performance with regard to servers or functionality. Meant performance regarding Buyers and Sellers performance not having to deal with all the clutter.

mgjohn78 said: Easier - yes, more attractive - no

Sorry, didn't mean attractive literally. Meant would less clutter attract (and keep) more users.

mgjohn78 said: Fiverrs overall might not but the remaining sellers would most definitely benefit

Sorry, didn't mean Fiverr the company itself. Meant Fiverr globally, the Buyers and Sellers.

voiceoverwork said: Sorry, didn't mean performance with regard to servers or functionality. Meant performance regarding Buyers and Sellers performance not having to deal with all the clutter.

Sorry, guess iv been locked in the basement to long with servers :)

voiceoverwork said: Sorry, didn't mean attractive literally. Meant would less clutter attract (and keep) more users.

Neither did I. For some reason alot of the gig types you mentioned seem to appeal to people (often followed by disappointment). I run a fairly large support group for people who have been scammed, bought things that seem and are to good to be true etc. The amount of people who fall for such gigs, jobs and products is just stunning!

Guest celticmoon
mgjohn78 said: The amount of people who fall for such gigs, jobs and products is just stunning!
Stunning, maybe. But that's human nature. No matter how often something has been proven to be impossible, fake or unrealistic, you'll always find people willing to believe it's true. And therefore you'll also find other people willing to sell it to them.

It's one thing if we're talking about people losing money, or time, or maybe dignity. All bad, I agree. But in my previous life as a registered nurse, I can tell you the same sad cycle exists in healthcare, too. And sometimes we're talking about people's LIVES being lost.

Sorry, went off an a tangent, there.

I would love to see Fiverr cleaned up. I'm in general agreement with @voiceoverwork's OP. Fiverr's reached a size and age that I wouldn't be disappointed if a shake-up happens, but it's possible this opinion is not shared by the administrators and owners, and thus nothing changes.

Reply to @mgjohn78: WHOA!

> The amount of people who fall for such gigs, is just stunning!

Boy do I agree with THAT statement!

As part of my use of Fiverr, I have been “forced” to review the profiles of… checking my records… Yikes!.. you don’t wanna know how MANY Sellers! [Laugh!]

And I am amazed at some of the TOTAL CRAP being sold here!

😮

Most of the CRAP gigs, get copied mercilessly by other Scammer Sellers… so I guess we’d all call that “Karma”.

😉

Despite that though, there always seems to be at LEAST one (and often a small group of) Seller(s), who are making a small FORTUNE scamming poor, stupid buyers, with their CRAP gigs.

😦

Archived