I'd love to get your opinion!

stephaniecan

Hi all!

I’ve created my first gigs a few days ago. I haven’t got any sales yet.

What do you think about my gigs?

• Are the titles & descriptions appealing?
  • Are the tags relevant?
  • Are the videos good enough? Can my French accent have a negative impact on sales?
  • Overall?

I plan to work on promoting my gigs: create a FB page, Twitter profile, Youtube channel, free website (strikingly)… I don’t want to use my personal profiles for now.

If you have any advice or want to share progress, please let me know 🙂

Attached, my gigs’ analytics.

Thanks a lot!!

Dear Stephanie:

I took a look at your profile and your blog comments gig. Here are my thoughts:

What do you think about my gigs?
– Are the titles & descriptions appealing?
I suggest, “I will provide you a personalized SEO report to rank higher today”. The other titles seem fine to me.
– Are the tags relevant?
I’m not really expert enough to comment knowledgeably on this topic. Your tags seem fine to me.
– Are the videos good enough? Can my French accent have a negative impact on sales?
The videos seem like first takes. The tone of, “What are you waiting for?” seems off. I’d suggest you recut these videos after practicing your scripts extensively (I’m thinking of Reservoir Dogs – do you know the scene to which I am referring?).

You’d probably be wise to add subtitles. If you’re concerned about your accent, I’d suggest you listen to the Fiverrcast episode, “Working Through Language.”
– Overall?
Excellent.

• Your log line: I’m here to help you with my skills!

As a matter of my own personal preference, I believe this seems too generic. I don’t have specific suggestions.

*Your profile image:

This seems fine. A beautiful woman smiling, what could go wrong?

• Your profile text:

“We’ll be in touch soon” – I personally don’t care for this phrase. Your mileage may vary. I don’t have specific suggestions here.

• Gig Title: I will write 4 ENGAGING high quality blog comments

I have no specific suggestions here. Seems fine to me, but “high quality” should probably be “high-quality”.

*Your packages:

I’m not specifically in the market for your gigs, but these packages seem fine to me.

• Gig Description:

“Engaging comments is” – this seems awkward to me. I suggest you wordsmith this, as this will be a turnoff for grammarians.

I personally prefer to use commas consistently before “and”. You’ve gone a different way here – not that there’s anything wrong with that!

“high quality” should probably be “high-quality”.

“URL link” is redundant. I suggest you use “Uniform Resource Locator (URL)”. It’s good practice to spell out any acronyms the first time you use them.

Then use “URL” thereafter, not “URL link”.

“No illegal content please.” is a sentence fragment. I’ll allow it.

“Don’t wait any longer and ORDER NOW” – I suggest, “Don’t wait any longer! ORDER NOW!”

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples. I know you know you should have a video – you probably just haven’t gotten to it yet for this gig.

Gig Images: You have 2. You should use 3. The images for this gig aren’t relevant – I suggest you go back to the drawing board here.

Gig Extras: This one is confusing. You don’t seem to have a price for it. I’d suggest you do what you can to clarify this. Maybe contact Fiverr Support if you need to.

In general, you’re off to a strong start.

Be aware that your access to Buyer Requests is tied to the categories of your gigs. I suggest you add 4 more gigs in broader categories that are relevant to your skills to give yourself more opportunities for Buyer Requests.

Good luck,
Blaise

Archived