Fiverr Forum

If Buyer accepts gig refund, will negative rating be deleted?

A seller has issued a request for refund a $5 gig which I gave a Negative Rating.

He’s asked me several times to remove the negative rating. I believe the rating is accurate and should remain as-is.

Question: If I accept the refund, will my negative rating be deleted?

If the seller is offering you a refund because you are dissatisfied, that is good customer service. Why would you insist on a negative rating when you got your money back?

You can leave a thumbs up and still give honest criticism, but a thumbs down hurts the sellers overall rating. Did you get to keep the product or service? Will you (or did you) use the product or service? Did the seller refuse to work with you? If it is worth $5 to you to stick it to the seller, I guess you can refuse a refund.

I think it depends on the kind of service or product you received. Did the seller do something wrong? Did you just not like the final product? It really depends.

If it wasn’t to your liking and you got to keep it, you can accept the refund and remove the feedback. You were made as whole as possible. Or you can refuse the refund if you really think the seller is misrepresenting themselves to customers.

If the seller didn’t follow instructions, was awfully rude, did not deliver on time without explanation or blatantly misrepresents their skills, you can accept the refund and remove the feedback. You were made as whole as possible. Or just refuse the refund and leave the feedback as is.

A conscientious person would not 1. Keep the product/service. 2. Take the refund. AND 3. Leave negative feedback.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

A conscientious person would not 1. Keep the product/service. 2. Take the refund. AND 3. Leave negative feedback.

@cheezees But unfortunately there are several buyers out there who seek to do just that, not that @crfive is one of them.

What’s worth more to you? Would you rather get your $5 back or pay $5 to post a negative (essentially).

I think a refund is a valid customer service option if you can’t make your customer happy. Of course, I don’t know the details of your situation. I offer a money-back guarantee as a last resort option.

Reply to @newspoet: Nor does @crfive read the forum rules. They’re posting their “story” under multiple threads. :slight_smile: