Fiverr Forum

If buyers send their email?

Hello ! there is a lot of buyers send their emails directly what should seller to do ?
ignore the message or report ?

:triangular_flag_on_post: and report. It’s also good to educate the buyer that this is not allowed and refer them to the ToS as well.

The ToS clearly states:

Basics

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform.

Some buyers are very ignorant about sharing personal information on Fiverr. Sometimes I get a custom request with emails and phone numbers. I simply educate the buyer and let them know I will be happy to discuss everything about the project via the messaging platform on Fiverr.

90% of the time, they understand. Good luck!