If I open a Dispute what will happen afterward?

akib0079

If I open a dispute for extending the delivery time as the buyer isn’t responding…
Afterward, if the deadline crosses regarding the order should I deliver what I have or wait for the dispute to accept?

If I wait for the buyer’s response and don’t deliver will that affect my order completion rate??

I’ve experienced this. If you opened a dispute, the deadline crosses and the buyer’s not responding, when he does and agrees to extend the delivery time, I don’t think that will affect your stats. It will if the deadline has crossed and the buyer does not agree to extend delivery time.

But I am not 100% sure about it, let’s see if someone else knows more.

There is never a problem with requesting an extended delivery time.

That is, if the Buyer accepts it.

I would hold off on partial delivery and hope that the Buyer responds in time.

If not, it’s just one late order.

Unless you always deliver late, it won’t have much impact on your stats.

I’ve experienced this. If you opened a dispute, the deadline crosses and the buyer’s not responding, when he does and agrees to extend the delivery time, I don’t think that will affect your stats. It will if the deadline has crossed and the buyer does not agree to extend delivery time.

But I am not 100% sure about it, let’s see if someone else knows more.

I knew it doesn’t effect stats but after some digging I got a view it can affect the order completion if he response late and you deliver late

There is never a problem with requesting an extended delivery time.

That is, if the Buyer accepts it.

I would hold off on partial delivery and hope that the Buyer responds in time.

If not, it’s just one late order.

Unless you always deliver late, it won’t have much impact on your stats.

Yes I am already on the safeside!

I did my work its 90% finished on my server and got the demo approved too, but buyer had to deliver the access on his site but without access I amn’t finish the 100% as he didn’t responded for 17 hours…

I will wait until he comes lets see what happens!

Normally, when you open a dispute and the seller doesn’t accept after 48 hours, Fiverr cancels the dispute and if the time has elapsed, it becomes a late order which definitely will make your delivery stats to drop.

What I have done in a situation like this was to deliver what I have got with an explanation stating why I couldn’t finish the job and a promise to conclude it as soon as he/she responds.

It has always worked. However, if the buyer is troublesome, he/she might request for cancellation. But 95% of the time, it went well with me.

I hope this helps?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

but it’s against Fiverr’s TOS to deliver an uncomplete order… so in this case the buyer could report the seller, or could accept the incomplete delivery and leave a very bad review…

Normally, when you open a dispute and the seller doesn’t accept after 48 hours, Fiverr cancels the dispute and if the time has elapsed, it becomes a late order which definitely will make your delivery stats to drop.

What I have done in a situation like this was to deliver what I have got with an explanation stating why I couldn’t finish the job and a promise to conclude it as soon as he/she responds.

It has always worked. However, if the buyer is troublesome, he/she might request for cancellation. But 95% of the time, it went well with me.

I hope this helps?

Exactly. This is the best way to do this.

but it’s against Fiverr’s TOS to deliver an uncomplete order… so in this case the buyer could report the seller, or could accept the incomplete delivery and leave a very bad review…

but it’s against Fiverr’s TOS to deliver an uncomplete order…

Well yes, it is, but if the buyer isn’t responding, you have an argument here. If the buyer doesn’t respond, it’s not your fault. You should not have your gig and profile affected because of a buyer that doesn’t respond.

On my end it should be that problm already the demo is approved the buyer know he is missing info!

He told me he will gave the access later but after that he didn’t responded!

Well yes, it is, but if the buyer isn’t responding, you have an argument here. If the buyer doesn’t respond, it’s not your fault. You should not have your gig and profile affected because of a buyer that doesn’t respond.

Oh yes, that’s for sure! I didn’t consider that.

Well, sadly I have heard many stories of sellers who were not helped by Fiverr’s CS despite of being right.

But yes, what you say is true.

Oh yes, that’s for sure! I didn’t consider that.

Well, sadly I have heard many stories of sellers who were not helped by Fiverr’s CS despite of being right.

But yes, what you say is true.

Yes, I’ve read many stories even here on the Fiverr Forum about CS not helping sellers even when they are right. I just hope that if CS actually got involved, they would understand my story.

Also, if you tell someone that you will complete the order for them, after they respond back to you, I would think that it fair. Even if the buyer responded 3 days later after the order was marked complete, I would still chat with them in inbox to complete their project.

What you said is true though.

• Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Don’t offer advice that will risk a seller’s account.

• Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Don’t offer advice that will risk a seller’s account.

Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.

Okay, then I would just contact CS and ask THEM what to do. It’s not fair to have your gig go down because a buyer was unresponsive. If it says it in ToS though, then I don’t know what to say.

I was just responding with what I thought best. I didn’t know that was against ToS. 😦

You should read Fiverr’s ToS.

You should also refrain from advising people if you are not sure about what you are talking about.

Also: if you are making incomplete deliveries yourself, you need to stop that right now.

I hope this helps?

As @mjaninea said, that is against TOS, and you are walking on thin ice. All it takes is one client to complain, and you will have an account waning.

If the buyer doesn’t respond, it’s not your fault. You should not have your gig and profile affected because of a buyer that doesn’t respond.

Your gig profile will take a bigger hit if you get a warning!

Same here…my delivery time expired, So I made an order cancelation request. The buyer was not responding, so the order canceled.

It makes my order completion rate to 50%…

This was my new gig and the first order for this gig

Would I continue this gig or delete it and create a new gig?

Please leave your valuable comments on it

Thank you

Regards
Manabendra

Same here…my delivery time expired, So I made an order cancelation request. The buyer was not responding, so the order canceled.

It makes my order completion rate to 50%…

This was my new gig and the first order for this gig

Would I continue this gig or delete it and create a new gig?

Please leave your valuable comments on it

Thank you

Regards

Manabendra

Just because you delete a Gig were you had a cancellation will not make that cancellation go away - or change your analytics to 100% again. All you can do is avoid cancellations that can drag your account down further.

GG

Archived