If someone keep pressing the modification button just to keep the order open

Hi everyone,

I have a client who is keep pressing the modification button to keep the order open until his client say something…(NOT FOR REVISIONS.Just to keep it open) What is your suggestion and what do you do at these kind of situations? Mostly resellers do this… and I’m tried of this because they are pressing it 2 days or + hours after the delivery. Thank you for reading. Hope someone will suggest me something good.

You also can keep sending the same thing as a delivery if he is doing this. Do it 100 times if you need to.

Buyer may leave a negative review for this and fiverr support won’t remove it. It’s better to contact fiverr support after 3-4 unsuccessful delivery attempts.

Buyer may leave a negative review for this and fiverr support won’t remove it. It’s better to contact fiverr support after 3-4 unsuccessful delivery attempts.

You need to let them know they are abusing the button and will report them for it. Also tell them you do not give refunds.

Hi @jdpremium & @ilovenish ,

Yes he only said that he have to wait for his client…He never asked a revision… I will… Thank you very much!!!

@misscrystal he he 🙂

Someone said if you wait 46 hours, then redeliver it then it will complete. You might have to do this twice but the key is to wait 46 hours to do the redelivery since you have 48 hours to redeliver it. Yes it will complete at some point. You have to out last him.

Usually when you tell them it is a terms of service violation and you are going to report him if he continues to do it they stop.

You need to let them know they are abusing the button and will report them for it. Also tell them you do not give refunds.

Yes he was asking a big discount. at that moment, I already told him that I don’t give refunds.But I gave the discount. Yea I felt something from the beginning… but I took the order because of my TRS dream …

@all-

Thank you for your kind replies everyone! I truly appreciate it!!!

Ok then don’t do it. … I’m not sure what she is supposed to do if the buyer is repeatedly pressing the delivery button just to not let the order complete. I would redeliver it. And tell customer support about it.

In my gigs I only deliver one thing. Never anything different.

The designer I use tells buyers not to use the revision button at all but instead to send files in the inbox.

Ok then don’t do it. … I’m not sure what she is supposed to do if the buyer is repeatedly pressing the delivery button just to not let the order complete. I would redeliver it. And tell customer support about it.

In my gigs I only deliver one thing. Never anything different.

The designer I use tells buyers not to use the revision button at all but instead to send files in the inbox.

Just sharing my experience as I got an account warning 😒

Hi everyone,

I have a client who is keep pressing the modification button to keep the order open until his client say something…(NOT FOR REVISIONS.Just to keep it open) What is your suggestion and what do you do at these kind of situations? Mostly resellers do this… and I’m tried of this because they are pressing it 2 days or + hours after the delivery. Thank you for reading. Hope someone will suggest me something good.

I have a client who is keep pressing the modification button to keep the order open until his client say something

Tell the buyer that this is an abuse of the button and is against Fiverr ToS. You can also mention that your contract is with them, not with their client so if they have no revision requests, they are not entitled to make you wait for a third party to check the work.

Once fiverr support told me that it’s against TOS to delivery the same work twice 🤯

I can only see that being a problem when a valid modification has been requested.

I have a client who is keep pressing the modification button to keep the order open until his client say something

Tell the buyer that this is an abuse of the button and is against Fiverr ToS. You can also mention that your contract is with them, not with their client so if they have no revision requests, they are not entitled to make you wait for a third party to check the work.

Once fiverr support told me that it’s against TOS to delivery the same work twice 🤯

I can only see that being a problem when a valid modification has been requested.

Thank you very much for your reply @eoinfinnegan !!!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,
Greetings!

This is about one of my latest reviews. I have a gig that offers 1 dry tag with 5 variations. So I got an order , delivered it as promised on time. The buyer asked a revision so I did it again… He also asked me to make the vocals robotic. I said I don’t have such a service, I only offer dry tags (Mixed if only someone asked me to mix it with a track) Then he left me a 1.0 review… saying nothing just “…”

If someone will ask something that you do not offer in your gig and if this happens to you, what can you do for that? There are so many experienced sellers in the platform… How you guys handle the situation? I mean not after the review,when you know you will definitely get something unfair in return.? Sometimes it gets tears in eyes here when we take the job too serious right? …

You have enough orders and reviews that a few bad ones wouldn’t make that much of a difference, so I wouldn’t cancel an order to avoid a possible bad review.

But if they asked a service you don’t offer before you started on the order, then a mutual cancellation would be the best way to go.

If you see that you’re getting a considerable amount of cancellations because of that it may be time to revise your gigs descriptions.

For this particular review I’d reply in a calm and professional manner that you’ve delivered the project as agreed upon and the buyer asked for a service you don’t offer as a revision.

Good luck

Thank you @urdeke for your kind message.

He asked the robotic vocals thing in the middle of the order so I couldn’t cancel it…Unfortunately, It’s not before starting the order…

Thank you for your advice. I will write him a reply in a calm and a professional way. Thank you again for your time!!!

Use your review of the buyer to tell your side of the story. At the very least, this does a service to other sellers. As soon as buyers realize that sellers are rating them, they very quickly start being more conscientious.

In this case, you could say something like:

"I’m very sorry, however, asking that I provide a different service to that which I offer mid-order, is simply not reasonable behavior. I neither offer nor advertise any kind of ‘Robotic Vocal’ service. Please consider communicating with sellers in advance if you require non-conventional services like this."

Use your review of the buyer to tell your side of the story. At the very least, this does a service to other sellers. As soon as buyers realize that sellers are rating them, they very quickly start being more conscientious.

In this case, you could say something like:

"I’m very sorry, however, asking that I provide a different service to that which I offer mid-order, is simply not reasonable behavior. I neither offer nor advertise any kind of ‘Robotic Vocal’ service. Please consider communicating with sellers in advance if you require non-conventional services like this."

Thank you @cyaxrex for your kind message.

Yes I will definitely write a reply for him. Thank you again for what you’ve suggested and for your time as well !!!

Archived