If someone messages me but gives no order

It probably doesn’t. Though we don’t know the full workings of the Fiverr system.

There is a message that I think still sometimes comes up which is:

“Was this response helpful? [Yes/Somewhat/No]”

eg. after a seller has sent a message to a buyer sometimes I think.

See:

Due to the unfixable mess that is orders coming in but not appearing in my dashboard, I have had to rush to outsource some parts of some jobs over the past 24-hours. The good news? - The two people I chose to order work from on Fiverr really pulled through for me. (Thanks). However… This was the first time in a long time that I have ordered work on Fiverr and I’m a bit flabbergasted. Firstly, there is this: 688179452_Screenshotat2018-01-1113-26-01.png.5e7a4b5632eac084daba433421a930ab.pngThis pops up after every message I receive from …

So in theory they might use the answer to the “helpful?” question in some way, possibly as one of the parameters in determining search position. But they haven’t actually said that, it’s just a guess.

It probably doesn’t. Though we don’t know the full workings of the Fiverr system.

There is a message that I think still sometimes comes up which is:

“Was this response helpful? [Yes/Somewhat/No]”

eg. after a seller has sent a message to a buyer sometimes I think.

See:

Due to the unfixable mess that is orders coming in but not appearing in my dashboard, I have had to rush to outsource some parts of some jobs over the past 24-hours. The good news? - The two people I chose to order work from on Fiverr really pulled through for me. (Thanks). However… This was the first time in a long time that I have ordered work on Fiverr and I’m a bit flabbergasted. Firstly, there is this: [screenshot at 2018-01-11 13-26-01]This pops up after every message I receive from …

So in theory they might use the answer to the “helpful?” question in some way, possibly as one of the parameters in determining search position. But they haven’t actually said that, it’s just a guess.

@uk1000 That’s a very interesting post. I read it just now. That post is from before I joined Fiverr. 🙂

However, the post that you linked only talks about the buyer (or a prospective buyer) having the ability to secretly rate the quality of response they got from the seller. We don’t know (for sure) if this affects the seller’s gig ranking in anyway.

However, the OP’s case is not quite the same. In the OP’s case, the OP is the seller and he is wondering if the buyer not placing an order with them will impact their gig in any way. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the secret rating the buyer is asked to leave.

@langahsahiib I think yes, if you don’t reply he/she within 24 hours.

I think yes, if you didn’t reply he/she within 24 hours.

:man_facepalming: lol I think you misunderstood the OP’s question. The OP is not asking if his gig performance will get affected if he does’t reply back to the buyer in time. The OP is asking if his gig performance will be affected if a prospective buyer contacts him but never places an order with him.

I think yes, if you didn’t reply he/she within 24 hours.

:man_facepalming: lol I think you misunderstood the OP’s question. The OP is not asking if his gig performance will get affected if he does’t reply back to the buyer in time. The OP is asking if his gig performance will be affected if a prospective buyer contacts him but never places an order with him.

@hanshuber16 I knew, I also gave he/she free information about it (still related to the topic).

@uk1000 That’s a very interesting post. I read it just now. That post is from before I joined Fiverr. 🙂

However, the post that you linked only talks about the buyer (or a prospective buyer) having the ability to secretly rate the quality of response they got from the seller. We don’t know (for sure) if this affects the seller’s gig ranking in anyway.

However, the OP’s case is not quite the same. In the OP’s case, the OP is the seller and he is wondering if the buyer not placing an order with them will impact their gig in any way. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the secret rating the buyer is asked to leave.

OP is the seller and he is wondering if the buyer not placing an order with the seller will impact their gig in any way. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the secret rating the buyer is asked to leave.

Though the way the seller responds the the potential buyers message could affect it (like has been said, if they respond in time and if that “helpful?” message is shown to the potential buyer after the seller responds the buyer’s message.

eg. if the buyer asks for something in a message and the seller responds within 24 hours (so it doesn’t affect their response rate) and it shows the “helpful?” message to the buyer after the seller’s message, if for some reason the buyer selects “No” that could affect search position possibility (just guessing).

In theory Fiverr might also track the number of times a new potential buyer sends a message to a seller which doesn’t then convert to a sale and use that as one of the search ranking parameters (they probably don’t be we don’t know for sure either way currently).

OP is the seller and he is wondering if the buyer not placing an order with the seller will impact their gig in any way. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with the secret rating the buyer is asked to leave.

Though the way the seller responds the the potential buyers message could affect it (like has been said, if they respond in time and if that “helpful?” message is shown to the potential buyer after the seller responds the buyer’s message.

eg. if the buyer asks for something in a message and the seller responds within 24 hours (so it doesn’t affect their response rate) and it shows the “helpful?” message to the buyer after the seller’s message, if for some reason the buyer selects “No” that could affect search position possibility (just guessing).

In theory Fiverr might also track the number of times a new potential buyer sends a message to a seller which doesn’t then convert to a sale and use that as one of the search ranking parameters (they probably don’t be we don’t know for sure either way currently).

Though the way the seller responds the the potential buyers message could affect it

Yes, I agree with everything you just said. But I think the OP is more worried about whether the buyer not placing an order with them will affect their gigs negatively. 🙂

Though the way the seller responds the the potential buyers message could affect it

Yes, I agree with everything you just said. But I think the OP is more worried about whether the buyer not placing an order with them will affect their gigs negatively. 🙂

Yes, I agree with everything you just said. But I think the OP is more worried about whether the buyer not placing an order with them will affect their gigs negatively

We can guess and say it doesn’t and it could probably be correct but we don’t know the exact parameters used by the Fiverr search engine for gig ranking eg. the algorithm, what weights are given to various parameters (they haven’t been made public). So unless that could be analysed (and that info determined) or Fiverr states whether that affects it there’s no real way to know for sure.

Yeah, if such a thing existed, it would be beyond ridiculous. It makes absolutely no logical sense to me. Although there is no official info. on this, logically speaking, I think it’s safe to assume that sellers don’t get penalized for it. But then again, you never know for sure. (Fiverr? Logical? Hmm?) 😜

Because I am sure a lot of sellers get queries from buyers asking if they can do something they clearly state they can’t do in their gig description. In such cases, obviously, the buyer won’t end up placing an order with the seller. Imagine a seller getting penalized every time that happened!

I would like to ask CS this question, but I am afraid I will get some random copy-pasta as reply. I don’t have the mental strength right now to pull myself through that experience. So, I am not gonna do that.

both are related, even if the buyer make an order but the seller replied the buyer after 24 hours, your response time can dropped. The point is, how fast you will do reply your messages.

both are related, even if the buyer make an order but the seller replied the buyer after 24 hours, your response time can dropped. The point is, how fast you will do reply your messages.

both are related,

I don’t understand why you are pointing that out again. In the OP’s case, specifically, they are not related.

The OP has already clarified their situation:

I asked someone messaged my then i replied within seconds.

The OP is wondering if, despite having replied to the buyer within seconds, it would negatively impact them if the buyer doesn’t end up placing an order with them.

both are related,

I don’t understand why you are pointing that out again. In the OP’s case, specifically, they are not related.

The OP has already clarified their situation:

I asked someone messaged my then i replied within seconds.

The OP is wondering if, despite having replied to the buyer within seconds, it would negatively impact them if the buyer doesn’t end up placing an order with them.

@hanshuber16 Then there’s no negativity.

Yeah, if such a thing existed, it would be beyond ridiculous. It makes absolutely no logical sense to me. Although there is no official info. on this, logically speaking, I think it’s safe to assume that sellers don’t get penalized for it. But then again, you never know for sure. (Fiverr? Logical? Hmm?) 😜

Because I am sure a lot of sellers get queries from buyers asking if they can do something they clearly state they can’t do in their gig description. In such cases, obviously, the buyer won’t end up placing an order with the seller. Imagine a seller getting penalized every time that happened!

I would like to ask CS this question, but I am afraid I will get some random copy-pasta as reply. I don’t have the mental strength right now to pull myself through that experience. So, I am not gonna do that.

Though in that case (eg. the seller saying they can’t do what was asked, even though it might state they don’t do that in the gig) the buyer might also get the “Was this helpful?” message and the buyer might say “No” to that (eg. if the seller said they can’t do it, especially if they didn’t give an answer like suggesting another seller/way to do what was asked). And that “Helpful?” message must have been put there for some reason, so they can use the data from it in some way (whether that’s in the search engine or whatever).

I think all are going far from top and i have got nothing.And got no exact answer from anyone 😉

And got no exact answer from anyone

That’s because we are not 100% sure about it. For all we know, it could be a “hidden” metric that’s being tracked by Fiverr.

We cannot be sure unless someone contacts CS and gets a response from them. 🙂

I think we should continue topic maybe someone come here and give exact answer and i’m afraid to go CS team because they already warn me for spam message if contact them again 😄

don’t worry, we also do unlimited answers 🙃

Archived