If there's one thing I've learned about communicating on Fiverr it's this

jawadams

I send a lot of emails at my “day job” and learned one thing that makes more difference than you an imagine, and it applies to Fiverr as well!

It’s simple. Use smiley face emoticons 🙂

ESPECIALLY when you’re dealing with an issue. In the online world, people can often “read into” what you write and imagine that your attitude is negative or condescending. It’s amazing what inserting 🙂 into what you write will do for you.

Suddenly you’re the overly friendly (and maybe a little goofy) seller, not the a**hole seller.

Works wonder for me on Fiverr and my regular job. Some people might not think it’s professional, but it makes people know you’re there to help and you’re not overly annoyed with them (even if you are!)

My two cents 🙂

I think it depends on what you’re offering. The really creative and wacky stuff calls for emoticon excess! There are other gigs where some people might see it as unprofessional. The #1 tip I would suggest though is to mirror the way your buyers communicate with you. If they use textspeak, abbreviations etc., and emoticons, there’s clearly no harm in doing the same! :)>-

Well, I’ve led several. My current one is my guilds for the mmo I play, Trickster Online.

We’ve been the #1 top ranked guilds since 2008. 🙂

Over 200 active members at any time, and hundreds of thousands of members over the years.

It’s my “Im glad i dont suck at life” baby activity, LOL

@benmbrodie I definitely see how you could see that as unprofessional, and was against it before, but even at my job which is of course professional, I found it makes a huge difference. I’m not saying every email should have a smiley face, just when you’re trying to get something across but don’t want your attitude to come across the wrong way, it goes a long way!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived