Fiverr Community Forum

If we block a buyer can they no longer message us?

Just a quick question to sellers who have used the block function. Does it also block buyers from messaging us?

Also, what is the message that buyers get who have been blocked when they either try to message you or try to purchase a gig?

2 Likes

This may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/blocking-certain-buyers

1 Like

Thank you. So they won’t be able to message us or place an order.

This also was mentioned:

Can I block any user?

You can block anyone who has previously sent you a message or placed an order with you.

It sounds like it means that if we block messages from anyone, they can’t place an order.

1 Like

Someone has messaged me I would like to block from ordering, but they have never placed an order.

It appears there is no way to block them from ordering. Is this correct?

Hi MissCrystal, I did find this. I hope it is helpful to you!

Blocking Certain Buyers

At Fiverr, we understand that people don’t always get along. Whether it’s personal chemistry, unmet expectations, or communication difficulties, you may not want to work with certain buyers.

Buyers can stop their communications with sellers or refrain from ordering, and in turn we give you the ability to block communication and orders from certain buyers as well.

Note: This feature is not yet available to all sellers.

To block a buyer:

1. From the buyer’s user profile page, click Block .
  2. Select a reason from the list, and then click Submit.

Notes:

• You can also block a user by using the report a message feature within the inbox.
  • Once the buyer is blocked, they will not be able to communicate or place an order with you.
  • The buyer will not be able to view your gigs or profile.
  • You have the option to unblock the user as well, by clicking Unblock .
2 Likes

Thank you. Hopefully they don’t get a message about it. I would like to know what they see if they try to go to our profile or gigs.

@misscrystal wanna experiment?
I’ll initiate a message and you can block me :grin:
I won’t feel bad about it unless you don’t unblock me later :sweat_smile:

Could you post a picture on where the “Block” button is? I’m on a buyers page and only see a button to “Report”.

Hi everyone I need some help?

I want to block someone who is messaging me, they have not ordered off me ever. They were messaging me asking me about a service I do not offer and it has made me uncomfortable. I have reported their messages but I would like to block them from contacting me ever.

When you report someone who has messaged you, you can also block them from contacting you.

Yes but how do I block them? there is no block button.

As I recall there is a little box you can put a check in that asks if you want to block them. When you report someone it asks if you want to block them or not.

I know this is an old thread, but I’m wondering if blocking someone who you don’t respond to and has never ordered from you will affect your response rate? For example, a buyer messages you about services you don’t offer. Rather than reply at all, can I just block them? And will this affect my response rate?

If you mark the message as spam within 24 hours, it is supposed to not impact your Response Rate. However, sometimes it still does. I suggest you just respond with a “.” or a “No thanks” to be safe and then block the buyer immediately afterward.

3 Likes