If you are given 100 Million USD on Two Conditions

rankinfinite

If you are given 100 Million US Dollar on a condition that you can only buy a house with that money and that too in your favorite locality of the world. Where would that be?

Nationality, Citizenship,etc are no problem. No property tax either. You need to choose your favorite neighborhood in your most favorite country/city of the world.

I personally would choose a giant Palazzo/Bungalow/Mansion in Mellieha, Malta.

An obsolete lighthouse. Once someone gave me the 100 Million, I´ll tune my allowed orders in queue down, research which of them could be bought, WiFi coverage and a couple more things and be back to tell you where my new favourite locality of the world is.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

And about the $100 million, I would invest that in this guy’s company and relax.

Last time I checked, this Guy built his house with short of $1B USD. Got flamed left and right and couldn’t relax ever since. 😏

I’m a person simple tastes. So may be I too will invest. But if you say I SHOULD buy a home or $100 mil gone to ashes? I would choose a castle in Transylvania.

EN56034-romania-castles-transylvania.jpg.f796eff5804a5f8b12b895f9424bd24e.jpg

@miiila, living in a lighthouse is 😎

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Anyway, I don’t have a fascination for all things foreign like many Indians do. I live a great life in India materially speaking and can’t have this lifestyle anywhere in the world.

And about the $100 million, I would invest that in this guy’s company and relax.

The whole world is one family. Nothing is foreign. Boundaries are created by the power-hungry people by making stupid rationals.

I would rather have and invest $50 million in a start-up than feeding a corrupt and gluttonous giant with my $100 million.

Last time I checked, this Guy built his house with short of $1B USD. Got flamed left and right and couldn’t relax ever since. 😏

I’m a person simple tastes. So may be I too will invest. But if you say I SHOULD buy a home or $100 mil gone to ashes? I would choose a castle in Transylvania.

d4b82391adf7626f065e0e0453b42894bd140f63.jpg

Transsilvanian castle isn’t bad either, the inspiration! You could get another 100 Million for free spending, on startups, giants, good causes or whatever you fancy, by setting up a “I will ghostwrite a bestselling vampire eBook series for you” gig then. 😉

Anyway, I don’t have a fascination for all things foreign like many Indians do. I live a great life in India materially speaking and can’t have this lifestyle anywhere in the world.

The whole world is one family. Nothing is foreign. Boundaries are created by the power-hungry people by making stupid rationals.

I would rather have and invest $50 million in a start-up than feeding a corrupt and gluttonous giant with my $100 million.

Huh? Okay, whatever.

d4b82391adf7626f065e0e0453b42894bd140f63.jpg

Haha, okay :)…

I would buy a mansion on the Island of Krk in Croatia, or perhaps in the city of Opatija, which is also in Croatia. I visited them this summer and I fell in love with those places.

Perhaps, with that money, I can go ahead and bribe some officials in the third-world countries, buy land, and make an independent country called Gig_Freakia, all of you would be welcome to join. No taxes for Freelancers, super fast internet connection and did I mention NO TAXES?

I would buy a mansion on the Island of Krk in Croatia, or perhaps in the city of Opatija, which is also in Croatia. I visited them this summer and I fell in love with those places.

Perhaps, with that money, I can go ahead and bribe some officials in the third-world countries, buy land, and make an independent country called Gig_Freakia, all of you would be welcome to join. No taxes for Freelancers, super fast internet connection and did I mention NO TAXES?

I will be the first one to reside in your country.

Both the places are beautiful, Island of KRK looks better to me.

I will be the first one to reside in your country.

Both the places are beautiful, Island of KRK looks better to me.

Yeah, both of them are lovely. Also, it doesn’t matter which one you chose as they are 20 minutes drive away.

Anywhere in Asia is only suitable for people can deal with the creepy crawly situation. It’s all beautiful but as soon as you go away for a week you come back to head size orb web spiders having moved in.

I loved the idea of living in Thailand. Practically, however, it got to the point where I was a nervous wreck. That said, I am a big arachnophobe. Even now I have a glass tankard over a spider in my bedroom which has been there for two weeks. If it doesn’t die eventually, I’m just going to have to move again.

Anywhere in Asia is only suitable for people can deal with the creepy crawly situation. It’s all beautiful but as soon as you go away for a week you come back to head size orb web spiders having moved in.

I loved the idea of living in Thailand. Practically, however, it got to the point where I was a nervous wreck. That said, I am a big arachnophobe. Even now I have a glass tankard over a spider in my bedroom which has been there for two weeks. If it doesn’t die eventually, I’m just going to have to move again.

I love the tropics and will learn to deal with giant insects. It’s worth it for the weather and beauty.

Archived