If you could ask Fiverr to change only ONE thing about the current level system, what would it be?

fonthaunt

poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• -I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.
    • -Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.
    • -Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.
    • -On-time delivery is too difficult and I would choose to allow for more late deliveries and lower this one from 90% to 80%.
    • -Reviews are more difficult to control, so I would choose to allow for a 4 star rating instead of 4.8.
    • -I would actually add another statistic instead of changing the current ones. I would require all new sellers to post pictures of puppies before they could be level 1 or higher.
    • -I don’t care what Fiverr does with the level system and I don’t think level really matters. If we do a good job we’ll be fine.
    • -I think there should be no levels at all. Sellers should either have a Pro badge awarded manually or no badges of any kind.
    • -I think everyone should eat more pie, buy lotto tickets and forget about levels.

• -I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. I see the system as a necessary part of leveling the playing field and giving new and established sellers a different kind of chance to succeed.
  • -Even though I can do quick responses to keep response rate up, I think response rate is the most important statistic Fiverr should lower from 90% to 80%.
  • -Cancellation rate is a difficult one due to buyer actions, so I would choose to have Fiverr lower completion rate from 90% to 80%.
  • -On-time delivery is too difficult and I would choose to allow for more late deliveries and lower this one from 90% to 80%.
  • -Reviews are more difficult to control, so I would choose to allow for a 4 star rating instead of 4.8.
  • -I would actually add another statistic instead of changing the current ones. I would require all new sellers to post pictures of puppies before they could be level 1 or higher.
  • -I don’t care what Fiverr does with the level system and I don’t think level really matters. If we do a good job we’ll be fine.
  • -I think there should be no levels at all. Sellers should either have a Pro badge awarded manually or no badges of any kind.
  • -I think everyone should eat more pie, buy lotto tickets and forget about levels.

0voters

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to take a vacation without having to worry about losing my level. I may need to take a month long break for health reasons soon.

I would like to take a vacation without having to worry about losing my level.

Thinking this through, technically you couldn’t get any orders or messages while on vacation IF the system wasn’t set up where old custom offers and repeat buyers could get past VM. Is that correct? If they changed it so that all orders were impossible on VM and all users would get a automated vacation response, would that fix this?

It seems to me that your other stats wouldn’t be affected, so it’s response rate and delivery-on-time (if someone accepted a previous custom quote) that are in danger. I’d like to present this issue to staff if I can be sure how to do so. I agree that it would be nice for all of us to be able to do this. Pausing all gigs seems to have the same problems, unless I’m missing something.

Here are the 3 metrics:

Order Completion Rate
Complete 90% of your orders, over the course of 60 days

On-time Delivery
Deliver 90% of your orders on time, over the course of 60 days

Rating
Maintain a 4.8 star rating, over the course of 60 days

Since each one is just for 60 days, wouldn’t they all get reset to zero, if you were gone for 60 days? So that you would be starting over as a new seller?

If you timed your return wrong you could get four orders just before the evaluation,
and if you had one cancellation be at 75% completion rate.

Here are the 3 metrics:

Order Completion Rate

On-time Delivery

Rating

Since each one is just for 60 days, wouldn’t they all get reset to zero, if you were gone for 60 days? So that you would be starting over as a new seller?

If you timed your return wrong you could get four orders just before the evaluation,

Since each one is just for 60 days, wouldn’t they all get reset to zero, if you were gone for 60 days?

I really don’t think so. I was just looking at the profile of a seller I’m familiar with who hasn’t delivered or been active in 7 months. His level hasn’t changed from level 2 in all that time. Apparently when you are inactive for whatever reason, the stats just sit where they are. It would be interesting to get CS or someone to confirm or deny this, but I am pretty sure I’ve seen several other examples where people haven’t lost levels though inactive.

Since each one is just for 60 days, wouldn’t they all get reset to zero, if you were gone for 60 days?

I really don’t think so. I was just looking at the profile of a seller I’m familiar with who hasn’t delivered or been active in 7 months. His level hasn’t changed from level 2 in all that time. Apparently when you are inactive for whatever reason, the stats just sit where they are. It would be interesting to get CS or someone to confirm or deny this, but I am pretty sure I’ve seen several other examples where people haven’t lost levels though inactive.

Hopefully whenever you use vacation mode your stats freeze as you say.

Hopefully whenever you use vacation mode your stats freeze as you say.

If I can find out, I’ll update. If you happen to hear anything that confirms it, it would be great if you could update. I’m going to send this whole poll to staff later on, but I’ll call attention to the VM issue in particular.

If I can find out, I’ll update. If you happen to hear anything that confirms it, it would be great if you could update. I’m going to send this whole poll to staff later on, but I’ll call attention to the VM issue in particular.

I would appreciate that Maddy. I’ve gone five years without a vacation unless you count my week in the hospital.

I would adjust the completion rate and the evaluation period.
30 days of evaluation process should consider counting 30 days of completion rate.
There’s no logical explanation to count 31st to 60th day’s cancellation/completion ratio to evaluate new level, and it doesn’t sound fair either.

I think if they were to keep the current requirements but it took failure on two metrics to be demoted. This would take away power from individual buyers and allow for mistake orders.

Drop 4.8 to 4.5, or 4.0.

Drop 90% to 80%

I think if they were to keep the current requirements but it took failure on two metrics to be demoted.

Yes! Right now just failing one metric gets you demoted.

Here are the 3 metrics:

Order Completion Rate

On-time Delivery

Rating

60 days

60 days

60 days

If everything is in 60 days, then why the evaluation in 30 days? I feel sarcastic 😄

The possible solution to make the level system fair enough for fellow sellers is to increase the evaluation process to 60 days period or decrease those 60 days to 30 days to reset.

60 days

60 days

60 days

If everything is in 60 days, then why the evaluation in 30 days? I feel sarcastic 😄

The possible solution to make the level system fair enough for fellow sellers is to increase the evaluation process to 60 days period or decrease those 60 days to 30 days to reset.

i agree mate evaluation should be 60 days

60 days

60 days

60 days

Increasing the evaluation period to 60 days would mean it would double the amount of time you had to wait to be promoted/re-promoted. Surely if you meet the criteria for the level above you should be promoted to it as soon as possible.

Maybe there could be 2 evaluations/processes - one which checks if a user matches the criteria to advance to the next level, and this could be run as often as possible (eg. practically every day), and another process which checks whether a user should be demoted, which is run every month, to give some warning time.

Increasing the evaluation period to 60 days would mean it would double the amount of time you had to wait to be promoted/re-promoted. Surely if you meet the criteria for the level above you should be promoted to it as soon as possible.

Maybe there could be 2 evaluations/processes - one which checks if a user matches the criteria to advance to the next level, and this could be run as often as possible (eg. practically every day), and another process which checks whether a user should be demoted, which is run every month, to give some warning time.

yes i agree about these two process evaluation but we talk here on forum does fiverr even consider our opinions ?

What about just decreasing the reset time of response, cancellation and delivered on time from 60 days to 30 days to adjust to evaluation process? -less stress -fair system -happy users.

I wanted to choose the cancellation option but it doesn’t directly describe the way I feel about it.

I don’t think Fiverr should decrease it. I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers. Once this is fixed, a humongous percentage of the complaints will disappear.

yes i agree about these two process evaluation but we talk here on forum does fiverr even consider our opinions ?

does fiverr even consider our opinions ?

They do read our opinions if they are well gathered. This thread will be passed along to Fiverr so they can review the thoughts of the forum users. What they do with it, I cannot say. 🙂

I wanted to choose the cancellation option but it doesn’t directly describe the way I feel about it.

I don’t think Fiverr should decrease it. I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers. Once this is fixed, a humongous percentage of the complaints will disappear.

I’m with you on this, 100%. Lowering the completion rate would defeat the purpose of the evaluation. However, making sure the rate doesn’t drop in case the buyer thought they were buying website design, but bought a flyer instead would help. I will post a gig when they fix that. Now all that remains is to find a way to prevent sellers from being able to click that buyer’s mistake reason for cancellation in case the buyer knew what they were buying.

What about just decreasing the reset time of response, cancellation and delivered on time from 60 days to 30 days to adjust to evaluation process? -less stress -fair system -happy users.

I’m not sure it would be better if they just reduced the evaluation period to 30 days instead of 60, especially if they didn’t reduce any of the requirements (eg. change the required order completion rate etc.). It might be worse for those with fewer orders where each cancellation would have a bigger effect. Taking 60 days into account can take more orders into account so can give a more accurate percentage of things like order completion - though based on a longer time period.

I think cancellations that are clearly the buyer’s fault should not be counted again sellers.

Sorry @ollydave - I’ve got no hearts left. 💜

Completely agree with you - this is the only aspect over which sellers have no control.

As a seller, I can take responsibility for everything else, but not the behaviour of others.

Archived