If you get a negative feedback removed then it should stay off

I had a negative feedback removed when I delivered a gig late (collapsed with exhaustion so I ended up falling 2 days behind!). Somebody complained that the delivery was over 6 months late on my page. Took a while to fight customer support to get it removed since it was a lie :confused: (they still wanted permission from the customer as the customer was clearly upset!). Eventually it got removed. Fast forward to three weeks later and the customer works out that I had the negative removed…now they have reported me to Fiverr and put the feedback back in place :confused: It shouldn’t be possible!

By the way, due to the lateness this person agreed they would leave no negative feedback if delivered by a certain time (it was!). I offered everybody one-two bonus articles for the delay. I was a little late getting those out (as I had a bit of a backlog) but eventually the lady got it a week later. I said I was delivering the same day as I was at a party and a little behind. She said 10 mins delivery or the negative feedback will stay in place :o Obviously I couldn’t do that, and that was my downfall here.

As she has over 15 orders she has left negative feedback on all of them. Even the ones that were in time over a year ago…

ryangillam said: As she has over 15 orders she has left negative feedback on all of them. Even the ones that were in time over a year ago....

Buyers love using negative feedback as a weapon against sellers....

est1990 said:
  • Buyers love using negative feedback as a weapon against sellers....

It is incredibly annoying. I can get them removed each and every time (happened 3 times thus far) but it is a message to customer support each and every time and it is a hassle. My sales have dropped off a lot as it is. It really doesn't help at all to have that feedback sitting on my account to be honest.

They need to either 'bar' people from leaving more feedback if has been removed or have a limit on how long you can leave feedback for.

It happened to me also… it was removed 2 times,then my 50$ order got cancelled and the feedback remained.

Considering the buyer has left so many negatives, I’m surprised she’s still on Fiverr. Maybe ask Support to do a check on her and see if she’s blackmailing other users with negative feedback (or doing something else “uncool,” as per their TOS).

Reply to @rinchan86: Agreed! I’d get in touch with Customer Support who will look into her account as she could be blackmailing sellers or trying to get free work.

Totally agreed! Feedback should be permanently removed if it is going to be removed and feedback from cancelled orders should be removed as well.

Reply to @adnagam: Don’t agree with that. I hate the fact that people can do an incredibly poor job and just refund and lose the negative feedback. One of my competitors has done this over eighty times and it is highly frustrating because nobody knows that they are going to get a poor job done! Refund by all means, but feedback removal? Nope!