If you want to know, how to calculate fiverr ratings , please read

we all know about the fiverr rating system (or maybe we dont, we just know, we work all day hard, 100 five star reviews, and 2/3 negative reviews, your ratings drop like husssss)
that feels pretty bad, i know that feelings,
for those who dont know the calculation of ratings, i think you can have an idea from here, i have been calculating this way for last couple of months and its 99% perfect

suppose you have total 400 reviews
385 positive
15 negative

so it will be, 15/385=0.038 x 100 = 3.8 (minus this result from 100%)
100-3.8= 96.2 which is 96% , when you will reach 96.5 it will be 97%

this math kinda help me to work more with positive energy, if you work all months, all positive feedback, but no changes in ratings, thats kinda frustrating. so know the number, make a target, work for that, and you exactly know how many positive review you need more to go to the next percentage number, Hope it helps

• Like 20

• 5 months later...

Hi, My response rate went down from 100% to 84% .
This is the first time it happens since I joined .

This is what they say
"You responded to 84% of the inquiries you received in the last 30 days. Your average response time is 1 Hrs. "

But I checked my inbox, I responded to each and every message I got within 12 hours.
So my question is why did the rate went down?

• Like 2

I get that bug too, and after a while decided to say ***** it, it’s not worth spending time on going through it with CS if it just crops up again and again, to me, and apparently it doesn´t affect the ‘Avg. Response Time: 1 Hrs.’ the buyers will see on your profile, in another thread someone helpfully pointed out that a friend has a 50% response rate and it still shows as ‘Avg. Response Time: 1 Hrs.’ on her profile.
My solution is to simply not even look at it anymore, it´s quite easy to ignore after a day or two.

• Like 1

You must answer all messages, even the spam ones. If it turns out to be spam, report the buyer. If you continue to receive messages from the buyer, contact customer support. That way your rating is not affected. This is the major problem I see with response rate. Also, try to answer as quickly as possible, I literally wake up in the middle of the night to answer buyers’ questions.

• Like 1

Hello…
You can do whatever you want.
The indicator is running bad and even if you respond all messages including the spam mesages, it drops without our control.
I had 100% with 1h response time, but due to some mornings answering in 3 or 4 hours because i’m doing other things… the indicator dropped to the actual 92%.
In principal it seems you have to respond all the first messages you receive, but the true is that you need to respond all messages and to be the last that writes the last message even if it’s only to say goodbye !.
Some buyers send more messages before you write an answer… well, i have the theory that if you receive 3 messages you must write 3 answers.
Also i have the theory that system is not enoughly happy with you app running in your smartphone and you must have the computer open and Fiverr page open and self refreshed because if not, you are out for the system.
Finally after all this histeria trying to satisfy an indicator, i have decided to forget its existence and try to do the best i can (as always) and don’t be worried with these kind of Fiverr failings.

• Like 3

My response rate is back to 100%.
This is how it’s done ( 99% it works).
Reply as fast as you can to your first inbox message.
What happened is , someone contact me through inbox for asking me about my gigs to place an order.
We chat for near about half an hour and It turns my response rate back to 100%.

NOTE : Your Response Rate tracks the percentage of first inbox messages (conversation starters) from other users that you respond to within 24 hours of receiving the message.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If I receive a message from a buyer, which has nothing to do with what I am selling, why should I spend my time in answering?

The Fiverr system (like any other) can’t differentiate between potential buyers and those who will not become your buyer, so you have to reply to all of them.

It only needs to be a ‘Sorry I don’t offer that’ or something.

• Like 4

If I receive a message from a buyer, which has nothing to do with what I am selling, why should I spend my time in answering?

Answer “No thanks” or you’ll have a bad response rate.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...