Fiverr Community Forum

I'm 15 years old and setting up a gig on this app. What do I do about the W-9 Tax forms?

Hello, there.

I am fifteen years old and looking to sell on this site. When I got to the end of filling out my gig forms, they were asking about W-9 Tax forms. I live in the United States, but I’ve never had to pay taxes before. What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Kip.

1 Like

Hello Kip. Welcome to Fiverr Family. As you said you are live in USA. You must need to fill up the W-9 Tax forms. It mandatory For USA Citizen.

1 Like

Pretty sure that him being 15 might be a problem with taxes. Talk with a tax professional, forum users can’t really help you with tax advice. We can only speculate based on what we know, but a tax expert will know things better.

1 Like

If you live in United States, then you Should pay your W9 Tax. We can only speculate based on what we know, but a tax expert will know things better.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You can also ask/talk to your parents/guardian; they need to know for sake of household income, and can help you connect with whoever does their taxes.

1 Like

Ok a TAX expert might advise you on how to process your taxes.

However ALL USA citizens who earn and income will have to fill out and pay there TAX’s

Im pretty sure the taxman docent discriminate on age groups. So will require your tax form.

In the UK by example, you earn money you oay tax. Alongside your tax code related to your age and income bracket. By example yourcide would be mino1500 (would mean you could earn about 1500£ before paying any tax).
But you would have to pay the taves, then make a tax re-claim to get your money back.

But you would still be required to pay the taxes regardless.

my 10c worth.