I'm a buyer who hasn't received their order

abbyeve

Hello

I’m concerned about an order I placed on a seller. I placed an order that was suppose to be delivered on March 7th. I reached out to the seller on the 7th, nothing. I send another message on the 9th, nothing.

Seller replies 4 days later on the 10th, apologizing and explaining that the program she uses to do her work, the subscription for it expired, and that she had to get that sorted out. But not to worry, she will start working on my order, and that she will include an additional item free of charge for the wait.

I replied that’s fine, and yes that would be lovely. I gave her details on what I would like as the free item. She didn’t reply.

Today, March 14th, I reached out to the seller again, waiting for a reply because I’m worried that I would never get the stuff I ordered from her. Is there a reason for this? Is she intentionally making me wait to cancel it later to avoid bad review? Will I get a refund if I continue to wait? There’s so many red flags, and I’m wondering if there’s a reason behind it or just plain bad customer service.

This is how it went:

Me
Mar 14
Hello can you give me updates on what’s going on?

(No message. I go and message her next day)
Me
Mar 15
I’m sorry but I’m going to cancel the order. There never was any updates to reassure me on what’s going on, and I never was given a new delivery date 😦

A
Mar 15

Hi! I can give you one now or you can cancel, it’s ok.

Me
Mar 15
ok I would like to see please

A
Mar 15
I’m finishing multiple orders now, yours included. I didn’t tell you a specific date because I was embarrassed for the delay I didn’t want to fail but I’m almost done. I can offer you a deal, I’ll deliver it soon but you can cancel it If you don’t feel like waiting another day. I’m so sorry for the inconveniences I caused you 😦

A
Mar 15
Please let me know your choice, I’ll understand. Sorry again and thank you for all your patience!

Me
Mar 15
I do want to see the one you offered right now

Me
Mar 15
You were only able to complete one?

A
Mar 15
Oh I’m sorry my English is bad, I tried to say something different

A
Mar 15
Nono I’m drawing them together so all of them looks the same with the same color palette and shape

Me
Mar 15
Sorry but I want to cancel it. Please refund.

A
Mar 15
I understand, no problem!

A
Mar 15
You were so sweet and didn’t deserved that, I’ll send you one for free when it’s done 🙂

Me
Mar 15
ok refund please

A
Mar 15
It’s done

A
Mar 15
Look your notifications

A
Mar 15
I’m trying to be nice, please don’t be rude

Me
Mar 15
I got it now. I had to go on my email to see the notification now it’s fine

Me
Mar 15
Thank you

Me
Mar 15
I wasn’t being rude 😦

A
Mar 15
👍

A
Mar 15
No problem

*I still don’t understand why she kept making me wait. That’s the confusing part about all this. When I messaged her next day telling her I’m going to cancel. She replied right away yet she never did before… then she goes on explaining what’s going on. Even saying her English isn’t good when in fact it is.

She obviously was trying to manipulate me into waiting some more. Even offering a free item after I cancelled. To avoid bad rating I guess? I placed the order that was suppose to be delivered in 7 days. The order was due March 7th. I waited 6 more days… why did she do this?*

This is how it went:

Me

Mar 14

Hello can you give me updates on what’s going on?

(No message. I go and message her next day)

Me

Mar 15

I’m sorry but I’m going to cancel the order. There never was any updates to reassure me on what’s going on, and I never was given a new delivery date 😦

A

Mar 15

Hi! I can give you one now or you can cancel, it’s ok.

Me

Mar 15

ok I would like to see please

A

Mar 15

I’m finishing multiple orders now, yours included. I didn’t tell you a specific date because I was embarrassed for the delay I didn’t want to fail but I’m almost done. I can offer you a deal, I’ll deliver it soon but you can cancel it If you don’t feel like waiting another day. I’m so sorry for the inconveniences I caused you 😦

A

Mar 15

Please let me know your choice, I’ll understand. Sorry again and thank you for all your patience!

Me

Mar 15

I do want to see the one you offered right now

Me

Mar 15

You were only able to complete one?

A

Mar 15

Oh I’m sorry my English is bad, I tried to say something different

A

Mar 15

Nono I’m drawing them together so all of them looks the same with the same color palette and shape

Me

Mar 15

Sorry but I want to cancel it. Please refund.

A

Mar 15

I understand, no problem!

A

Mar 15

You were so sweet and didn’t deserved that, I’ll send you one for free when it’s done 🙂

Me

Mar 15

ok refund please

A

Mar 15

It’s done

A

Mar 15

Look your notifications

A

Mar 15

I’m trying to be nice, please don’t be rude

Me

Mar 15

I got it now. I had to go on my email to see the notification now it’s fine

Me

Mar 15

Thank you

Me

Mar 15

I wasn’t being rude 😦

A

Mar 15

👍

A

Mar 15

No problem

*I still don’t understand why she kept making me wait. That’s the confusing part about all this. When I messaged her next day telling her I’m going to cancel. She replied right away yet she never did before… then she goes on explaining what’s going on. Even saying her English isn’t good when in fact it is.

She obviously was trying to manipulate me into waiting some more. Even offering a free item after I cancelled. To avoid bad rating I guess? I placed the order that was suppose to be delivered in 7 days. The order was due March 7th. I waited 6 more days… why did she do this?*

usually fiverr sellers handles more than one order same time but they schedules their time accordingly 🙂

looks like she failed to schedule time for your delivery and stuck with some other order and keep taking more and more even if she couldnt handle all together and lastly when she replied she is working on yours could be the time she actually got time to start working your project !?

that may be the case but thats bad practice I would say 🙂 people should schedule their timing and if they think they woulndt make it, they should inform buyer and ask for extend delivery time !

usually fiverr sellers handles more than one order same time but they schedules their time accordingly 🙂

looks like she failed to schedule time for your delivery and stuck with some other order and keep taking more and more even if she couldnt handle all together and lastly when she replied she is working on yours could be the time she actually got time to start working your project !?

that may be the case but thats bad practice I would say 🙂 people should schedule their timing and if they think they woulndt make it, they should inform buyer and ask for extend delivery time !

Yeah she asked for an extended day on her delivery day March 7th changing it to March 8th which I forgot to mention.

March 8th no delivery. I messaged her on March 9th. Nothing.

March 10th she apologizes and explained what happened, and offered to include a free item.

4 days later, March 14th, I reached out again, nothing. I message on March 15th “I’m sorry but I’m going to cancel the order” and she replied so quick… tells me she will work right away on the order. But in the conversation you can see she didn’t even start on my order at all.

The fact that she replies so fast when I said I was cancelling yet all 3 messages I send on three different days she ignored

Yeah she asked for an extended day on her delivery day March 7th changing it to March 8th which I forgot to mention.

March 10th she apologizes and explained what happened, and offered to include a free item.

4 days later, March 14th, I reached out again, nothing. I message on March 15th “I’m sorry but I’m going to cancel the order” and she replied so quick… tells me she will work right away on the order. But in the conversation you can see she didn’t even start on my order at all.

The fact that she replies so fast when I said I was cancelling yet all 3 messages I send on three different days she ignored

People are strange and a lot of sellers have no business/service know-how whatsoever.

I would just move on and forget about it.

She’s irresponsible. Being a freelancer and self employed takes self discipline, empathy for your clients, time management, maturity, not procrastinating, good customer skills, excellent communication.

That’s a lot of things sellers need to have and some fail at those things.

May be she was unable to meet your needs and fail to create thing you asked !

so when you go o her first time she took order anyhow and latter realized that its not her cup of tea and may be she was already waiting for you to offer her cancellation thats why she was ignoring all the messages related to your work !

Thats strange but yeah , happy for you that you got refund for that 🙂

Archived