I'm a new seller and I'm wondering if my age matters

samueljohnson4

Question

I am a new seller and I am a high school student. I was wondering if posting a picture of me as well as mentioning that I am a student is hurting my chances of selling, because a lot of the sellers in other categories are adults.

However, I am also worried about not saying that because then I’m not sure how to explain the lack of a degree and other certain things.

20 answers to this question

I am a new seller and I am a high school student. I was wondering if posting a picture of me as well as mentioning that I am a student is hurting my chances of selling, because a lot of the sellers in other categories are adults.

However, I am also worried about not saying that because then I’m not sure how to explain the lack of a degree and other certain things.

I am a new seller and I am a high school student.

As long as you do a great job, most people probably wouldn’t care even if they knew your age.

I wish I knew of Fiverr or anything of the kind while in high school. Young people like you who get out there to think and do stuff to earn money just inspire me.

DO NOT break the rules…work within the system and you will be fine. This may be one of the best proving grounds.

All the best!

@samueljohnson4 Regarding your name being used as your fiverr ID, you have a name that is probably shared with thousands of people in the US and the world so I don’t think anyone could find you from that. Both your first name and especially last name are so common I would’t worry about that.

You can try searching on your name in google and will find thousands of those with your name all over the country.

@misscrystal

Haha, yeah the benefits of not having a unique name 😃

@smiler3d

I was wondering if you know if I delete my account if I will be able to attach my phone number to another account?

@samueljohnson4 Regarding your name being used as your fiverr ID, you have a name that is probably shared with thousands of people in the US and the world so I don’t think anyone could find you from that. Both your first name and especially last name are so common I would’t worry about that.

You can try searching on your name in google and will find thousands of those with your name all over the country.

The only thing matter here is your skills. I remember one specific 3D workshop where my teacher was saying that studios like to hire younger artist and Yes, there was so much debate but the point is your skill matters the most.

Gotcha, thanks! I just gotta figure out what to put for my education 😕

@smiler3d

Does the photo have to be taken by me or can I use a copyright-free one from the internet?

I use a copyright-free one from the internet?

It’s likely to throw up a warning message if you do.

You could always get somebody to manipulate your photo into an avatar or illustration?

I can’t seem to change the username…is that permanent?

Yes it is I’m afraid. If you don’t want to use your real name, you can speak to CS and they’ll help you open a new account which you can name anything you like.

You need to use an image which is unique - whether it’s of you or not. 🙂

@smiler3d

Does the photo have to be taken by me or can I use a copyright-free one from the internet?

@smiler3d

Ok, I am going to change that. I can change the photo, but I can’t seem to change the username…is that permanent?

Also, does the photo have to be of me? Can I use a copyright-free photo or do I have to take it or make it myself?

I can’t seem to change the username…is that permanent?

Yes it is I’m afraid. If you don’t want to use your real name, you can speak to CS and they’ll help you open a new account which you can name anything you like.

You need to use an image which is unique - whether it’s of you or not. 🙂

Remembering you’re a younger person, you’re using your full name and photograph as well presumably, it’s going to be all too easy for anyone to track you down, online or IRL - not threatening to do it BTW - just from an internet safety POV. 😉

If no-one needs to know your age or the fact you’re in college, why tell them? 🙂

BTW - you’ve got a gig which mentions essays - please remove that for your own sake.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

@smiler3d

Ok, I am going to change that. I can change the photo, but I can’t seem to change the username…is that permanent?

Also, does the photo have to be of me? Can I use a copyright-free photo or do I have to take it or make it myself?

Remembering you’re a younger person, you’re using your full name and photograph as well presumably, it’s going to be all too easy for anyone to track you down, online or IRL - not threatening to do it BTW - just from an internet safety POV. 😉

If no-one needs to know your age or the fact you’re in college, why tell them? 🙂

BTW - you’ve got a gig which mentions essays - please remove that for your own sake.
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Archived