I'm a new writer/translator with a Fiverr trick up my sleeve!

mercuryxy

Hello everybody! I’m Mercury XY, a writer, translator, and screenwriter.

It’s my first week here on Fiverr and, as expected, I haven’t got as much traffic as I wished. But I can flip that to my favor, which is the first part of the trick up my sleeve. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any kind of cheat code to Fiverr success. It’s all about strategy.

Let’s cut to the chase, here’s what I have in mind:

1. Specificity
I will focus on my niche (writing articles on film and storytelling and Spanish-English translation) and I will also create gigs directed to very specific needs. This way, I will hopefully acquire the right audience. Remember, you’ll prefer a few loyal clients to myriad onlookers.

2. Activity
We gotta put in some hard work! I will fine-tune my gigs and profile, stay active on the forums and hustle through the wild social media tides. Putting my name out there will be a priority.

3. Transparency
No kind of cheating will get us anywhere. It’s just not worth it. Honesty and integrity are some things I will never trade for accelerated success, and I will keep it that way no matter what.

4. Patience
Clients will come, let’s not get desperate. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Both patience and persistence form the perfect balance that will drive us to success. Take it easy!

In the freelance world and in every aspect of or lives, we learn by doing. But what happens if we teach ourselves the flaws and strengths of those who came before us? That’s one nice “trick” to always keep in mind!

“If I have seen a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” - Isaac Newton.

Archived