I'm Completely Devastated

After 3 years of building a few gigs on Fiverr, a nice reputation and reviews that I can only dream about continuing, my sales, despite leveraging through social media etc, have dropped to nothing. For over a week. On 4 gigs. Yes, I can see that happening with one gig but all of them across the boar at the same time? I sought help from support as I noticed another anomaly with queue counts. Support was so generous with their advice - "Are you sure you’re marketing enough?"

Does Fiverr care that some of us depend on what we earn to make a living? I have come to believe that their choices for Featured sellers who have less time in, less sales and far less positive reviews speak otherwise.

Excuse me for feeling a bit lost right now. And please do not leave me notes about ‘marketing’ or ‘revising’ my gigs. I have been here for 3 years, I post and read to forums. I’ve tried it all and then some. I’m not a web newbie.

And I have many people watching me and my gigs outside of Fiverr for purposes of becoming Fiverr sellers themselves or investing in Fiverr by shopping for things here rather than outside. The platform was great. Now I don’t know if I’ll be able to make rent this month. Congratulations to those who buy houses, cars and pay off student loans.

Just sign me Devastated…

My sympathies. I’m sorry about your rent and the pressure that the lack of sales can bring. I’m familiar with this feeling myself, I’ve only been on here for a few months and I’ve been increasing in orders and trying to keep a good rep but I’ve had some setbacks myself and I’ve seen others offering similar services to my own but with far less ‘good work’ who seem to be coming up on the pages far more often and higher than me recently - it’s frustrating to say the least when you try to go above and beyond and you see others with less drive getting more business. I read the forums a lot and I see these kinds of posts too often and it makes it tougher to keep soldiering on, but at the end of the day Fiverr is still an amazing platform so we just need to keep our heads up.

My sales have fallen back drastically too (although I know the reason for that, delivering fewer orders, despite them being larger)

It will pick up soon :slight_smile: I think very few people are spending money on Fiverr at the moment judging by the analysis of my competitors (I check their queue and deliveries, all of which have seen some sort of fall)

I guess we all have periods like that.

Last week was particularly busy and I even had to turn down a few people and pause my gigs for a day.

At the moment, I have no new orders, but I am still working on 2. I do not make enough from Fiverr to live on, but I do feel for you. I reconize the feeling. I have had days with no new orders too in the past and at that moment, I thought they would never end.

I guess there is nothing much Fiverr can do.

I have been on Fiverr for only 6 months and the amount of gigs on offer has risen so tremendously.

I guess buyers do not know who to choose from at times.

You are doing nothing wrong, but competition increases over time. I too have been on Fiverr for over 3 years. Even though Fiverr was growing like crazy 3 years ago, today the number of new members that sign up in a month is equal to what use to sign up in a year when I first started with Fiverr. The more competitors, the harder it is to get recognized, sell your gigs, etc. What may of worked a year ago, even a few months ago, may not work today. I know I’m constantly dickering with my gig description, title, etc, to try to get more clients. I lost count how many times I changed my Fiverr gig video.

I observe my competition related to my gig closely and by watching what they are doing, it sometimes gives me the info I need to try something new. There is no guarantees, but when my orders are down to zero I figure I have nothing to lose by trying something to shake the apples from the tree.

As Fiverr keeps growing, so will the competition. I wonder if a day will come when Fiverr will have to split if they keep growing at the rate they are.

I wish you the best

Stevie

It appears that longevity here is not typical. After 3 years at fiverr you are definitely ready to strike out on your own and do business direct and earn more. You may want to consider checking some sites like Renegade Writer for advice. Best of luck to you!

It’s disappointing when something that has worked before falters. But you have to keep in mind that there are no guarantees. Instead of being miserable about this venue not producing, look at it as an opportunity to try something new and different. It might turn out better or worse, but at least you’ll have been proactive and learned something along the way. :slight_smile:

I am new to Internet marketing. My background includes brick and mortar stores… I view this as a web marketing ‘sandbox’, at the moment. Fortunately, my income,is not reliant upon it. I have often thought of this as a classroom. This platform pushes sellers to educate themselves about e-commerce and to go out and to explore various marketing instruments on the web to generate traffic back to their gigs. It also challenges sellers to optimize and to perfect their gigs to attract customers from all sources.

My suspicion is that the first few customers that I had on fiverr had something to do with fiverr’s ‘charity budget’…lol. It seems like they appeared from nowhere (fiverr staff maybe?) and they disappeared into the same ‘nowhere’. Soon, thereafter, I received messages from fiverr that I should expand my marketing efforts to get more customers. (The fiverr charity thing is just a hunch, mind you). At any rate, if that ‘is’ the case, I am grateful to this place for pushing me to improve and to study about SEO, backlinks, social media, etc. I also greatly appreciate the informational resources provided in the fiverr forum.

Any seller rising to this challenge will, after a time, have enough merchandise, web content, product pictures, and web savvy to strike out on their own and to make a go of it running their own website,blog, and/or selling at other major Internet marketplaces.

If it doesn’t kill you, it’ll make you stronger…and more profitable.

PS

You might also want to think outside of the box and offer something completely different as a gig. There is free stuff out there that you can create a gig with like logo creation software. There is also tons of reasonably priced SEO and link submission services and software out there that you can turn into a service on fiverr.

Good Luck. I might just follow my own advice. :stuck_out_tongue:

pearlsant said: My suspicion is that the first few customers that I had on fiverr had something to do with fiverr's 'charity budget'...lol. It seems like they appeared from nowhere (fiverr staff maybe?) and they disappeared into the same 'nowhere'. Soon, thereafter, I received messages from fiverr that I should expand my marketing efforts to get more customers. (The fiverr charity thing is just a hunch, mind you).

I've suspected the same thing. It seems like almost all new sellers make a sale or two right away (even if what they are selling is awful) and then nothing more. I doubt it's just displaying in the "new" category that's the reason.

pearlsant said: I view this as a web marketing 'sandbox', at the moment. Fortunately, my income,is not reliant upon it. I have often thought of this as a classroom.

No-one should rely on this pace as sustainable, consistent income. That's how so many sellers get frustrated and angry - especially those who have no experience operating a business or in a freelance/work-for-hire environment. You can have the best product or service in the world, but there are too many variables to assume you will be successful or stay successful. Ya have to roll with the punches and be VERY adaptable. If you want to earn a 'regular' income, you have to be willing to put your own preferences aside and offer what the customer wants in a way that has the best return on investment for your time and effort. :)

Reply to @itsyourthing:

itsyourthing said: Ya have to roll with the punches and be VERY adaptable. If you want to earn a 'regular' income, you have to be willing to put your own preferences aside and offer what the customer wants in a way that has the best return on investment for your time and effort.

Exactly. :)

belgianwriter said: Last week was particularly busy and I even had to turn down a few people and pause my gigs for a day.

Oh to have a week on Fiverr just once where I have to turn people down and pause my gigs. At 3 years, 97% rating and 36% world domination and 1200 completed sales, you'd think I'd have something to show for my efforts outside of a goose egg queue on 4 gigs!

Especially when in Press Releases alone there are top-rated and featured sellers with far less sales, lower ratings and offering customers much less. It’s very disappointing and frustrating.

If you love writing I suggest http://ezinearticles.com/

Go ahead and start producing real money.

Best of luck

:slight_smile: Joe

The Creative Guys | 2014

Just a head’s up, off-Fiverr links aren’t allowed.