Fiverr Forum

I'm going crazy right here! This is pure injustice!

Blessings to you all my fellow Fiverr sellers.

I don’t even know where to start. I agreed to a custom offer of $40 with a seller to complete a job in the early days of November, 2015. During the course of doing the work, I told the buyer that I was having issues completing the task which was to help him/her open 100 email addresses. 25 gmail accounts, 25 hotmail accounts, 25 outlook accounts, and 25 yahoo mail accounts. I was able to open 25 email accounts for the yahoo, hotmail and outlook mails, and was only able to complete the opening of 14 gmail accounts because of reinforced gmail securities. I asked the buyer if he/she is okay with the ones I had been able to open. I have to admit that the buyer was smart enough to not respond with a yes or no answer. I delivered the order without an attachment at first because it was getting late. The reason I did that was because I was also been careful not to send him the list of the accounts only for the buyer to have access to all those accounts that worth’s lots of money and would also say that I didn’t complete the job thereby requesting some needless modification etc…

The buyer only responded that there was no attachment in the delivery. I took that as a yes. I therefore sent the attachment containing the 89 email addresses I had created. The buyer did not say anything else after that. The order was automatically marked complete after 3 days. All these happened in November. I withdrew my earnings in December for obvious reasons.

All of a sudden, I received an email from fiverr about 4 hours ago stating a dispute on one of my orders, and a $32 had been deducted from my account. I was appalled and decided to check out which of the orders I had the issue, only to realize that it was the one I had stated above. As if that was not enough, I tried to contact the buyer, but he was no longer on Fiverr. I believed that in cases such as these, if a dispute were actually opened relating to the order, I should have been contacted to defend myself, but that wasn’t the case. All I know right now is that I have lost more than just the $32 I earned last year, I have lost 89 US email accounts which was very had to create. The buyer has ran away with my money, and my work, and Fiverr was stupid enough to let that happen without giving me a chance to hear my side of the story. Please my fellow sellers, is this fair? What have I done to deserve this injustice? I have always done by best to make sure that my buyers get the best value for their money, because that would in turn influence them to give a 5 star rating… I believe I am a trustworthy seller, and have done my best! I don’t deserve this injustice!

It sounds like a Chargeback(could have been a stolen paypal account)… and as suck as it does. I mean I can’t seem to find it all that surprising that someone who requires so many “different” identifies if you will… Uses a stolen account and he/she will probably use the email accounts that you provided to open new fiverr using another stolen paypal and continue the cycle.

I just received an email from Fiverr stating that it is not their fault. Fiverr stated that they also do not get paid and the money is actually held by PayPal. This is just not fair. Why must I be the one to bear the burden? I honestly don’t understand all these. The issue does not have anything to do with the work I’ve done

Thanks palabra. I had that thought when I started the work too. I wondered why the person needed that much accounts, but I decided to do the job anyway.

Part of the message I received from Fiverr and I quote states that ; "Whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his PayPal privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions."

The question now is that, does that mean when such happens, the sellers would bear the risk? Or are we all working with such a risk? We have no way of knowing if the buyer is using a stolen credit card or not, and after we have been paid for our services, something like this can still happen in the future. It could be for a $200 work, or $2000 work. Does that mean we are going to have to refund such an amount of money when it happens? I believe this in’t fair. Fiverr should do something about this and prevent such from ever happening again. This may just be $40, it could have been much more.

Just so you know; they are lying about this:

“Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr”

If the buyer lifts the PayPal chargeback (and they do sometimes), Fiverr ends up getting paid, but you don’t.

If the buyer has an active account on Fiverr (i.e. when you go their page it doesn’t say “Not found” or whatever) then it means they lifted the chargeback.

Thank you. If the ban is lifted, I’ll make sure I contact the Fiverr support once again.

They still won’t give you the money back.

About 2 years ago I, and one other person, managed to get our money back, but it took a lot of badgering. Now they won’t do it under any circumstance :slight_smile:

This is really bad. I just saw another post by another seller complaining of similar issue. Fiverr really has fucked up!!!

On the other end of the coin, if you feel it isn’t fair that you have to “bear the burden”, is it right that Fiverr should instead?

A chargeback is an issue with Fiverr. It is no more Fiverr’s fault than it is yours. These things happen from time to time – but it’s the buyer’s fault. As frustrating as this situation is, you just have to move on to the next order.

Again, this is not Fiverr’s fault. Blaming them for the bad behavior of a buyer is not fair to Fiverr.

Last year I provided service to a client for more than 3 months. The client ordered gigs worth $700 and after successful completion of the task on the 4th month the client submitted dispute on all his orders and I lost all my revenue.

I have noticed money missing from my account many times, and wondered why this was happening, I get so many orders I was too busy to look into it. Now I see I have been scammed quite a few times here. If someone has to float the bill, might as well be the working class right?

How about blaming them for not protecting their sellers? I’ve never sold something on ebay, sent it and then had my money stolen…

Is this in writing anywhere?

I agree, Fiverr could do a lot more to protect their sellers, but that isn’t the issue of this thread. The discussion is about charge backs, and Fiverr has no control over those. That’s a Paypal issue – initiated by bad buyers.

Fiverr is not scamming its users.

Wow, really sorry to hear that. $700!

What is the way out? If we can put ourselves in the shoes of the seller that lost $700, or many others who have lost one thing or the other on Fiverr, how can we prevent this from happening again? This isn’t fair to any seller. Just imagine yourself completing an order worth $1000, and after a few days or months after order completion, the buyer submits a dispute and you have no other choice but to refund the money. That’s not fair? Fiverr should find a way to protect their sellers from these buyers. We aren’t safe!

No. I know it is the case having experienced it a number of times before.

I agree with all what you saying here…but as well you didn t complete your order. Not saying is your fault, but isn t it opening so many emails with USA IP address like kind of suspicious? If I got an order like that, that would be the time when I would report a buyer to CS. And if you actually used your own IP with opening those emails, I think your concern should be what will they be used for and not fact you lost $40.