Fiverr Forum

I'm leaving Fiverr -- at least for now

I have health problems and Fiverr is very stressful to me, which literally makes me ill. I just cancelled a $25 gig where the buyer wanted modifications but wouldn’t give me instructions, so I figured I wasn’t going to get paid anyway. It took me over an hour to do her freaking gig, so I’m pretty pissed about that.

I had to cancel my pending gigs, which shot my cancellation rate through the roof, so at this point, I don’t know if I want to even keep this account open. It seems pointless, since I’ll likely lose my level 1 too, and it would be hard to get it back with a bad cancellation rate.

Should I just close this account and start over if I ever decide to come back? I don’t know that I ever will, but maybe one day, who knows? It will definitely be awhile, if I do. My account sat dormant for almost a year after I first came here, because I got a better job offer, so I just suspended all my gigs. I figured they would close it at some point.

What would you do?

Reply to @kjblynx: What about the cancellation rate thing? That will stay the same, and if I do come back, it will really mess up my getting new gigs.

I hope that taking some time away gives you a good rest and leads to you feeling better.

I agree that it makes sense to just keep your account as is rather than closing it. Plus, what if something comes up where you want to order a gig?

Reply to @teenytinypress: Thanks so much. So true! I really do see gigs every day I’d love to have. I’m setting up my writer’s site too, so it would be awesome to get some stuff for that done here.

If you’re a writer, you might try setting up your services on a few webmaster forums.

Anyway, take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Reply to @rebesign: Thanks, rebesign.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Well, after the final tally is done and I’m paid, I’ve decided I’ll close this account. I have a 50% cancellation rate now, and that’s not something you come back from. I learned a lot while I was here, mostly that I’m not good at dealing with buyers, especially the ones that demand too much for too little. I just don’t like people like that, and my cancellation rate was always going to be off the chart because I refuse to be treated disrespectfully and kiss fragglesrocks to avoid a cancellation. So Fiverr is just not for me, but I’m so happy it is such a successful gig for so many other people. Thanks for all the help. I know I was a PITA with all my crazy questions and rants.

Reply to @kjblynx: Are we living in the 1800’s? Why was “suck” Fragglesrocked? Lol

kjblynx said: starting over from scratch would fragglesrock

S-uck s u ck s-u-c-k S UCK S UCK SUC K it!

kjblynx said: Pause/suspend everything and come back when you want to. Fiverr doesn't seem to have an auto-close system, and you cannot close your account without contacting Customer Support anyway.

You have to at least sign in every once in awhile to avoid getting email notices from Fiverr about account suspension for inactivity.