Fiverr Forum

"I'm new and need sales" - 3 Top Tips & Tricks to Generating Sales from a Top Rated Seller

Hey guys!

Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales:

1. Interlink your services and create related gigs

I’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs.

One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic. This doesn’t work and I’ve personally interviewed multiple Fiverr staff members on the official Fiverrcast Podcast who attest to this. It’s been stated that the ranking algorithm is alert to this “hack” and you’ll receive no additional exposure. Not only will your exposure not increase (it may even decrease) but you’ll also be watering down your gig’s feedback score. What’s better, one logo gig with 100 ratings, or 5 logo gigs with 20 ratings each? It’s the former - especially if you want to rank higher in a very popular category.

The second trap is creating an array of different services or gigs which in no way relate. For example, having a logo design gig, a voiceover gig, a video testimonial/spokesperson gig etc.

Whilst these gigs work standalone, put them together in a collection and they reflect poorly on your brand and aren’t capable of working together. It’s like having a football team made up of individual superstars but no team chemistry. Do you look like a professional logo designer when you’re also offering to be a professional spokesperson as well? Or do you end up looking like a hobbyist or jack-of-all-trades.

The key to hitting the ground running and ramping up your sales is to create gigs which compliment eachother and can be interlinked. It’s far easier to sell 3 different gigs to one client then it is to look for 3 different clients entirely for 3 different services - especially as a newbie.

Imagine the scenario, you have 3 gigs:

1. Logo design
  2. Social media design
  3. Banner design

If a buyer purchases any one of these gigs, you can easily interlink and upsell your other services. A buyer who is interested in a logo design service is also very likely to be interested in services #2 and #3. When creating your first gig, you need to consider your brand and what “collection” of services you want to offer. Do this correctly and you end up with services working together as a team - when one has a slow day/week, the others pick up the slack and provide new orders to the service in a dry spell. Do this incorrectly and you end up with 1 gig being your “main” and 5+ other services all lagging and struggling for sales. What happens when your main gig has a slow day/week then? You’re in trouble.

2. Package your gigs

Once you’ve made your “collection” of complimenting services, you then need to literally collect them into a package.

To do this, go to the “My Favorites” section of your account and create a new collection:

Once created, add your gigs to it. You then end up with a collection of your gigs which can be shared, marketed as a package and promoted for increased order opportunities. When you visit the collection URL, you’ll also notice something very cool:

Fiverr has the ability to add a WHOLE collection to a buyer’s cart. This means you can promote your complimenting services to all be ordered at the same time. You could even team up with other sellers to create collections and offer premade packages. Imagine you’re a voiceover artist who doesn’t write scripts - how about teaming up with a copywriter? The buyer places their order and proceeds seamlessly, rather than look for a competitor who may offer more than you.

3. Create a “buyer request” specific gig

A lot of people recommend new sellers use the buyer request section to generate orders and I highly agree. However, with so many requests and sellers competing, how do you stand out from the crowd? The biggest issue with getting orders from buyer requests is that these requests are often “custom” in nature, yet you have to send along an offer attached to a gig you have already made.

Here’s a good example:

This buyer wants to change their Facebook page’s name. It’s showing to me because I offer a gig (Facebook cover design) inside the same category. To send this request, I’ll need to attach it to this gig. For the buyer, this is extremely confusing. They request someone to help change their Facebook name but receive an offer related to design? Even if you fill in the details, the main design/call-to-action of your offer still looks like your unrelated service:

So, what you want to do is create a simple ‘complete your request’ style gig. It could be called something like “I will complete your request”. You can create a gig image with a call to action such as completing their custom request. The buyer then receives your custom request that is 100% relevant to what they posted - with a clear title and CTA image, rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole by trying to match your closest related gig.

Get Extended Fiverr Analytics

Want extended analytics for your gigs? Learn more

I hope your found these 3 tips helpful, if you’d be interested in hearing more please give a like below - Adam

I don't know why I haven't sell anything yet
New Fish in the sea called Fiverr
Rating dropped to 87%
Please Help Me I Am Not Getting Any Orders Please Help, Thanks
Am new, Need help in selling
My Experience on Fiverr so far!
Sending Offers no Buyers
Selling myfirst gig
No orders almost one month , i send everyday 10 offers but no luck!
Started our a week ago. This is my Stat
Lots of clicks but no orders?
New Seller No Orders
New to Fiverr, Looking to Learn More
Suggestions appreciated for keywords/tags
I'm not getting orders
New Fiverr Arrivals
Please give me feedback on my Gig
How do you get people to see your gig?
How can I get more traffic & more sales to my gigs?
Help! I need someone to explain how revisions work
Help me in getting first order
Not getting sales/suggestions needed
How can i Improve my gig for more sale
New user + Doing work for free?
Hi Fiverr's i'm new here :)
What am I doing wrong?!
Hi! I'm new in here! Who would be nice enough and guide me to improve?
Review my profile and gigs
Review my profile and gigs, please!
Could someone review my Gig?
Second day here at fiverr! Help me improve?
Can someone review my gig please ? :)
First day here at fiver! Help me to improve?
It's been two weeks, five detailed gigs and no orders yet. Why people? What am I doing wrong?
Over 120 views, no orders, help/feedback?
Hey everyone, Illustrator and Graphic Designer here
Since last 3 month i am not getting oders
Please Help Me,
Please kindly view my gig! Help a BROTHER out
Help me improve my gig
How to Improve the Gig on Fiverr
Suggestion needed Please
New to Fiverr, NO ORDERS YET
Why I am not Getting any Orders
Recommendations for improvement?
I am ROAD RASH, the pissed off Outlaw Biker
Tips to enhance my profile
Give shot to new seller
How can I get 1st order my gig
How to improve this?
I need help for my first sale
New on Fiverr- How to improve my Gig?
Please can you help me with my Gig?
I have not go one order, plz help!
Hello everybody, I'm new here!
Hello all ~ A quick introduction
How do i get my first customer :(
About Post request
New on Fiverr as a translator
New Artist Seller!
Can anyone tell me why i am not getting orders on my gig
How do i repost my fiverr gig?
Fiverr Slump Help?
Help me with my first sale
Not new but don't have sale yet. What am i doing wrong?
Want to promote my gigs but i don;t know how,
Using the Live Portfolio to generate sales (even as a non-visual gig) :play_pause: VIDEO TUTORIAL
How long will it take to get my first order
I'm new to Fiverr — in what ways could I improve my gigs?
Are You a New Seller? Not Sure Where to Start? These are the Resources You Need to be Successful on Fiverr [Long]
Why I am not Getting any Orders
First sale! What' can I do next for Fiverr audience?
What can I do to improve my translation GIG?
Please Help profile to boost sale please?
Anything I should change on my profile, not getting sales?
Is Buying and selling from same account is allowed in fiverr policy
Buyers who think they 'own' you for the day with a Fast order
Bullet tips to improve GIG making
I need guidence about how to improve my gigs
Please help, i have created my gigs for sometime now but no sales
Please Help Me I Am Not Getting Any Orders Please Help, Thanks
I am New at Fiver ....Help please
My sales have suddenly dropped?
Fiverr work sharing
My sales have suddenly dropped?
Sellers posting Buyer requests to promote themselves
Rating dropped to 87%
Improve My Gig Checklist
What do you guys think of my gig?
Need help regarding gig
Clicks, Views and Impressions - update time
Please Provide Feedback On My Gig!
Problems about gigs promote
Looking to get more gigs
Physics in Fiverr
Has anybody else had a drastic increase in impressions?
Not getting any orders on fiverr
I am a level 2 seller and I have almost six active gigs but only getting order on one gig
Help me for my gigs
I want to sale my gig
Extremely frustrated
How Can I Get My First Sale? Beginner on Fiverr
How i get the first order ? Need Suggestions
Suggest improvements in gig
What's better: 1 gig with multiple service or multiple gigs with specific service?
What would you rate my gig video?
Not recieving customers
Do you think I'm offering something original?
Newbie Introduction
Hey... I'm new here any tips for me to increase my sellings?
Am I able to know that someone is gonna buy my gig soon?
How to become TRS Seller - two method!
How to get attention?
Bullet tips to improve GIG making
I am confused! i need a mentor to #fiver_through_me! :D :innocent:
I can't get a sale
New to Fiverr freelancing
What would be the best way to grow in the Fiverr community?
No offers on my buyer requests
Ideas for a Brand-New Fiverr Seller?
Somebody please help with my first sales
Buyer traffic almost completely disappeared this year
I need help with this
It's been two weeks, five detailed gigs and no orders yet. Why people? What am I doing wrong?
I cant get a sale
How To Get Your First Order - FAST!
Buyers, Positive Rating
A 16 year old with no skills
I potentially have a new market! Need some feedback/advice
No Customers To my Gig
I will make a Stylish Buisness card in 24 hours
Please help..I want to sent offer but not sending?
Adult Fiction Writer
Shocking..................No orders
Level 1 seller but not getting work
I am New at Fiver ....Help please
Need some help please
Help After Entring Level 1 Seller!
New on Fiverr, i need some honest critique please!
Check my gigs help me to improve
How do I receive more orders orders on Fiverr?
Tips for improving my my gig
How to do seo of your gigs and get more buyers
Help me to sell my gig
Level 0, hard to get sales
My Gigs dont get any Orders. HELP
HELP!My EARNING has a red downward arrow to it
I cannot make a single sale
No sales, what I'm doing wrong
I have not been able to make sales from the buyer request page
Hey... I'm new here any tips for me to increase my sellings?
Plz improve my GIG
I've been on Fiverr for some time, but I've not made a sale! Please, what am I doing wrong?
Help For a new seller
New on Fiverr :D
Don't get much sales. Can anyone help?
Help me for my Gigs | New Seller
Where i can use my photoshop skills?
My luck is not favouring me what to do?
I have 8 gigs, with very few orders
Improve my gig Thank you
Organic Traffic
Been slow compared to the past, any advice for my gigs?
Two month in fiverr.but no order yet
Polish translations and portraits drawing
Suggestions please, thanks
Buyers bad behavior Please report this issue with me

Hey @twistedweb123,

I love your suggestion on the “Complete Your Request” gig suggestion. While I’m not a new seller, I feel that it would be a great way to reach out to Buyer Requests that don’t necessarily fall under my normal gigs.

While I speed read over some of this, I feel that when you send a offer to someone who’s made a Buyer Request, it’s imperative that you acknowledge their situation so that they know you took the time to read over their problem. Many times people send canned responses, and if I got one, I’d pass them in a second.

A seller who takes the time to review the request, acknowledge it, and provide a thorough action plan has a much better chance of winning the gig.

Cheers!

Michael

Hey Michael!

That’s exactly the thought process behind this suggestion. Writing a custom proposal and showing an interest in the project (rather than just sending a blanket message or form letter) is always going to yield more conversions and engagement (even if they don’t hire you that time, you’ve established a relationship where they may come back in the future).

However, you could write the best proposal in the world but if it’s headlined by a mis-matching or not 100% relevant gig, you shoot yourself in the foot, that’s where the “Buyer Request Specific Gig” comes into play :slight_smile:

Agreed, Adam!

I’ve had several times where I sent a gig offer, acknowledged their problem, and despite 30 others sending them other offers, they came back a few days later and stated that they were happy I took the time to read over their problem, and ended up getting the gig.

Sometimes going the extra mile pays off! :slight_smile:

After a long time, some fresh and new tips! Never thought of the point 2 & 3. Going to try them out soon… :wink:

Let me know how you get on :). My last set of advice was posted a couple of months ago before the old forum went down. It was a video guide on upwelling. If you haven’t seen that, you can find it here:

Great post, thank you, but regarding my quote from point 1, do you know how that fits to that I for instance saw 4 or even 5x the very same gig on the first page for translations for a language pair? (and I mean the same gig, not even a different word count or anything) It was ‘newly arrived’ gigs - does that mean the algorithm didn´t catch them yet because they were new?

Huh. I’m ashamed to say that none of the three tips - which seem so intuitive, now that you’ve pointed them out - ever occurred to me in my three months here. Thanks for sharing them. =)

Hi Adam,

I have to say your tips have opened my eyes to other business capabilities Fiverr offers.

I would like to ask you about tip #2.

Does Fiverr show in its search results the favourites packages or is it just something that’s shown only when a visitor visits any of my gigs?

AdWordsAdvisor (Sharon)

Hi Sharon (@adwordsadvisor)

Fiverr have been known to feature collections but this is usually based around campaigns or holiday related collections. #2 is more related to taking the initiative for self-promotion and increasing exposure/orders.

Regards
Adam

Hey!

I don’t know personally how the ranking system works, only from what I’ve heard or spoken about. If I were to guess, it’s that the newest arrivals aren’t filtered in the same way as they are based on literal time added and no other factors.

If you are interested in more information about ranking both within Fiverr’s search and search engines, I recommend this episode of the podcast where we talk with Fiverr’s head of SEO:

I guess that’s the case then, too, at least hopefully, I´d ‘follow’ those gigs to see how it may or not may change over time, if I had the time for it, just out of interest, but fortunately I got other things to do. And thanks, the podcasts are a really useful and nice feature.

I don´t have enough gigs to do anything useful with Tip 2, but it´s bookmarked for when I´m done with my preparations for gigs of another category, when it will be nice to do and Tip 3 is really a great one for evveryone, will work on that soon. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :). Let me know how you get on

Dear Twisted Web 123:

paromac
Huh. I’m ashamed to say that none of the three tips - which seem so intuitive, now that you’ve pointed them out - ever occurred to me in my three months here. Thanks for sharing them. =)

twistedweb123Fiverr Ambassador1h
You’re welcome :). Let me know how you get on

And that also goes to show what a valuable tool Fiverrcast is, as you’ve talked about these ideas there as well.

With 48 episodes released, that’s easily over 24 hours of material for people to listen to and gain insight into how to do better on Fiverr!

Some people learn best by reading, some by watching videos, some by hearing audio, and some just by wading in and doing. Different strokes for different folks…

Thank you,
Blaise

Thank you so much for these tips! I’m a new seller at fiverr and working on making my first sale.

Nice one, I find so interesting and helpful, good to hear this.

Thanks

Thank you for the tips , they are really helpful

It’s true! I think a lot of users haven’t seen or listened to the podcasts but in those 48 episodes, we pretty much cover every topic users frequently ask. I always like to share the SEO episode as it’s essentially a complete checklist/run down of what you need to do.

45minutes may be a little too long for some people but the transcripts are also available on the blog

excellent i must work on this Thanks

Thank you so much for this tips , they are really helpful i must try this.