I'm new ON fiverr and I just faced Order cancelation

I just received an order through buyer requests and I used Some plugins which are not updated because I don’t Have the new license. Buyer created dispute and I just accepted without saying any word.

I WANT to know Can I recover from here because completion rate is now zero… Is it possible to survive here anymore with this current scenario?

I have zero orders, reviews. This was my first order and got canceled.

Please suggest me what I have to do now. Thank you.

Hi,

Same issue happened with me when i got my first ever order. Buyer asked me to cancel the order although it was not my mistake as link provided by buyer was not working.
But i never lose hope and kept trying, now i have completed 5 orders.
what’s happened, is in the past now, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I am suggesting you that you continue applying to more buyer request and marketing your gigs to your target audience. I hope that you find another buyer soon.

Good luck

Hi,

Same issue happened with me when i got my first ever order. Buyer asked me to cancel the order although it was not my mistake as link provided by buyer was not working.

But i never lose hope and kept trying, now i have completed 5 orders.

what’s happened, is in the past now, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I am suggesting you that you continue applying to more buyer request and marketing your gigs to your target audience. I hope that you find another buyer soon.

Good luck

Thank you so much. Now I’m hopeful.

I am reporting you.

Using something for resale without the necessary license is theft. Aside from being immoral, Fiverr forbids this.

We are not going to feel sorry for someone who has faced repercussions for using something he doesn’t have the license to use.

If you want to “recover,” don’t steal.

I am reporting you.

Using something for resale without the necessary license is theft. Aside from being immoral, Fiverr forbids this.

We are not going to feel sorry for someone who has faced repercussions for using something he doesn’t have the license to use.

It was not stolen. Its key just get expired. Its renewal price was way more then the order.

Later on buyer used the same plugin which I uploaded to his site. He just dodged me.

It was not stolen. Its key just get expired. Its renewal price was way more then the order.

Later on buyer used the same plugin which I uploaded to his site. He just dodged me.

It is stolen. If you use it without paying for it, it is stolen.

The license is for a term and use and that term has passed. You don’t get a free pass to do this just because it isn’t financially in your best interests.

The whole point of using licensed materials is to make your business more profitable, not to do favours for clients or charge them too cheaply to get more clients.

Never ever offer or require licensed materials unless you know you can not only purchase them, but profit.

The company who owns this doesn’t owe you free use of licensed materials and Fiverr doesnt allow using licenses without paying under any circumstances. If they did they could get sued. Read the Terms of Service.

Licenses exist for a reason. They expire for a reason.

The license is for a term and use and that term has passed. You don’t get a free pass to do this just because it isn’t financially in your best interests.

The whole point of using licensed materials is to make your business more profitable, not to do favours for clients or charge them too cheaply to get more clients.

Never ever offer or require licensed materials unless you know you can not only purchase them, but profit.

The company who owns this doesn’t owe you free use of licensed materials and Fiverr doesnt allow using licenses without paying under any circumstances. If they did they could get sued. Read the Terms of Service.

Well, I got your point. Thank you.

I am reporting you.

I am reporting you.

I think it is best not to report the OP. Just advise him, he might listen at the end of the day.

(He IMO already got what he deserved, a canceled order, he might learn from his mistake)

This is not true. You can create things like themes for websites with plugins which the buyer will need to pay themselves to update when their licences expire.

I create websites with OCEANWP. I have all necessary licences for all the theme and plugin bundles I use. I also have full resale rights and can install as many plugins as I like on as many websites as I like. It is simply a case that a client would need to pay for their own license for the same plugins eventually.

It is not a black and white matter, and you shouldn’t really report a user for something which you may not fully understand.

This is not true. You can create things like themes for websites with plugins which the buyer will need to pay themselves to update when their licences expire.

I create websites with OCEANWP. I have all necessary licences for all the theme and plugin bundles I use. I also have full resale rights and can install as many plugins as I like on as many websites as I like. It is simply a case that a client would need to pay for their own license for the same plugins eventually.

It is not a black and white matter, and you shouldn’t really report a user for something which you may not fully understand.

Thank you dear. Actually that’s what I want to explain but you explained it beautifully. Thank you.

I just received an order through buyer requests and I used Some plugins which are not updated because I don’t Have the new license. Buyer created dispute and I just accepted without saying any word.

I WANT to know Can I recover from here because completion rate is now zero… Is it possible to survive here anymore with this current scenario?

I have zero orders, reviews. This was my first order and got canceled.

Please suggest me what I have to do now. Thank you.

I WANT to know Can I recover from here because completion rate is now zero… Is it possible to survive here anymore with this current

To be fair, it is a tricky situation. You will really need to make sure that every buyer you work with knows that they will need to pay for licences individually for things like plugins, etc. - Sadly, a lot of buyers simply aren’t going to understand (or want to understand) if you are offering budget services.

If you are selling themes you have created with plugins, you might want to look at doing that on a dedicated platform.

I WANT to know Can I recover from here because completion rate is now zero… Is it possible to survive here anymore with this current

To be fair, it is a tricky situation. You will really need to make sure that every buyer you work with knows that they will need to pay for licences individually for things like plugins, etc. - Sadly, a lot of buyers simply aren’t going to understand (or want to understand) if you are offering budget services.

If you are selling themes you have created with plugins, you might want to look at doing that on a dedicated platform.

Yeah, 1st I offered him the registered thing which I have but He forced me to use that one.

Actually I opened this post to know about how many chances I have for the survival or getting new orders… In future I’ll take care of that and aware Every buyer about everything.

Thank you.

Sure you can survive from having your first order cancelled. It’s not a big deal. I can’t really see how it would impact you aside from possibly making it more delayed to get another order, but I expect you will eventually.

In Sha Allah. Thank you for your best wishes.

I said that because the seller said himself that he used the plugins without the appropriate license:

“I used Some plugins which are not updated because I don’t…”

“Its key just get expired. Its renewal price was way more then the order”

Why would he say these things if the expiration didn’t apply to him? That makes no sense. So I am not making an assumption. You are.

Check the evidence before patronizing someone. Funny that you assume I don’t know how plugin licenses work just because I made a conclusion based on what the seller actually said. I do use resale licensing myself and I know a violation when I see one.

I also know that for some plugins, to pass on the data, you need to pass on the account holder name and email address, which would breach ToS. We don’t know if it was that kind of plugin.

I said that because the seller said himself that he used the plugins without the appropriate license:

“I used Some plugins which are not updated because I don’t…”

“Its key just get expired. Its renewal price was way more then the order”

Why would he say these things if the expiration didn’t apply to him? That makes no sense. So I am not making an assumption. You are.

Check the evidence before patronizing someone. Funny that you assume I don’t know how plugin licenses work just because I made a conclusion based on what the seller actually said. I do use resale licensing myself and I know a violation when I see one.

I also know that for some plugins, to pass on the data, you need to pass on the account holder name and email address, which would breach ToS. We don’t know if it was that kind of plugin.

I’m not patronizing you. I was simply stating a fact that this is likely not a black and white matter. Many premium WP themes bought online include expired plugins. It is not a problem that plugins are included with a theme. Most will also function, but not update to more recent versions without end users buying their own license key.

If the seller was selling cracked plugins, there would be an issue. As it stands, it seems that this problem is the result of a communication failure on the part of the seller, concerning the fact that clients will need to purchase their own licences.

Go ahead an report them if you are so sure you are correct. Personally, I just prefer not to ruin anyone’s Sunday unless I’m certain I’ve got a good reason to.

I’m not patronizing you. I was simply stating a fact that this is likely not a black and white matter. Many premium WP themes bought online include expired plugins. It is not a problem that plugins are included with a theme. Most will also function, but not update to more recent versions without end users buying their own license key.

If the seller was selling cracked plugins, there would be an issue. As it stands, it seems that this problem is the result of a communication failure on the part of the seller, concerning the fact that clients will need to purchase their own licences.

Go ahead an report them if you are so sure you are correct. Personally, I just prefer not to ruin anyone’s Sunday unless I’m certain I’ve got a good reason to.

“You shouldn’t really report a user for something which you may not fully understand.”

That isnt patronizing? Okay…

In any case, you implied I made an assumption without evidence, that I don’t know what I’m talking about and also said what I said was untrue. You made me look ignorant and careless.

I stand by what I deduced. It makes no sense for him to say what I quoted if he had used the plugins under the appropriate license. I wasn’t making things up. I was going by what the seller said.

Anyway, I don’t want to bore anyone. Take care.

If a plugin isn’t updated because the seller doesn’t have the new license, is that some kind of violation of something? If the plugin still works would it be ok to use it or make a site using it? How would the buyer know it wasn’t updated with the new license if it still works?

I know this is slightly off topic so if it bothers anyone feel free to let me know and I will delete it. I’m just trying to learn something.

If a plugin isn’t updated because the seller doesn’t have the new license, is that some kind of violation of something? If the plugin still works would it be ok to use it or make a site using it? How would the buyer know it wasn’t updated with the new license if it still works?

I know this is slightly off topic so if it bothers anyone feel free to let me know and I will delete it. I’m just trying to learn something.

If it is allowable for third party use, you must use it within the terms of the license. And if you break the terms of a license, that is fraudulent, which is against Fiverr ToS.

A lot of plugins won’t work if the license on the key isn’t up to date or if the plugin requires the domain itself to be allocated to it in order for it to work. And some plugins for single use aren’t protected against people putting them on additional sites. It depends on what protections are set to it and if it requires account and domain information to work. Also, some plugins have fraudulent versions for multiple use that may work for a time, but then break.

If a plugin isn’t updated because the seller doesn’t have the new license, is that some kind of violation of something? If the plugin still would it be ok to use it or make a site using it?

In the case of WordPress, all Themes and Plugins have a GNU General Public License. Any plugin can, therefore, be downloaded, used, and shared free of charge.

It is perfectly fine for anyone to create themes which use third-party plugins, providing they don’t try to sell them as their own creation. (Though this is actually fine too if the software is modified, re-branded, and a user accepts all liability for bugs, etc).

For plugins to receive updates and support, many require paid licenses. This pays for their development, etc. In a case where a license is expired, a plugin will continue to work with the version of WordPress it was designed for. However, it will not receive updates or security bug fixes.

It is not practical in most cases for plugins to be shipped in themes with lifetime licenses, as this will point their ownership back to someone who isn’t the website owner. Most (if not all) plugin vendors are also fine with plugins being bundled into premium themes, as they gain brand recognition and in most cases, end-users will buy license keys, thereby helping generate revenue.

The exceptions are things like bespoke plugins which might have been developed for a specific site, etc.

Most people who buy a premium theme anywhere will have a theme shipped with plugins with expired licenses or licenses which expire after 6-months to a year. Even when licenses are expired already, this does not constitute a breach of copyright, due to the GNU General Public License of plugins themselves. Most will also continue to work. They will just not be updated in the future.

Of course, it can be annoying to pay for a theme or website and not realize until afterward that you need to pay to update plugins, etc. Over time, most plugins will also start to break if they are not updated, as they become incompatible with new WordPress versions. This is why sellers/freelancers/WP theme developers everywhere, need to make sure that their clients are aware of future costs updating licenses, etc.

Archived