Fiverr Forum

I'm new to Fiverr, How long would it take to get a gig?

My name is Valeria. I’m 14 years old & new to Fiverr and currently trying to get a gig.

I have 3 services I currently offer: making logos, recoloring photos, and proofreading & editing docs/articles/etc.

I’ve been here around… 3 days now?

I’m just wondering if any of you know how long approx. it takes to get noticed.

The practice itself is good on making the examples, but it would be nice to get some sales & see if people like what I do.

I recognize I am not entirely amazing-- like the pros-- at what I do, but at least I think what I do is good enough, for now.

I just feel like since as i’m new to Fiverr, people would rather work with the senior members then the new people.

Anyhow, with the services I currently offer, around how long do you believe it will take to get a gig, based on your experience? :confused:

It would also be nice to know what you think of my gigs & the descriptions, specifically on my proofreading gig,

I’m really trying to improve.

Check out my gig.

rainyvaleria

Hi, Welcome!

"How long would it take to get a gig?"

How long is a piece of string? The answer is, "It depends."

Start with a great profile photo. People love puppies, but are you a puppy? I don’t think so. Install a photo you so people can see you and identify with you.

Create a great profile bio that tells people why you are good at what you do. It’s great that you “love to make money off my talents so I can help pay the bills around the house”, but that’s not really much incentive for folks to do business with you.

Create gig descriptions that explain what it is your selling, and how the buyer will use or benefit form your work. Use more words along with your photos.

Promote your gigs on blogs and social sites. Put the Fiverr widget on your own blog.

Test different keywords in your gig set up.

Test different gig descriptions and photos.

Be patient.

:slight_smile:

I think one important thing is not to tell people your age especially if you are younge because people do look down on ages. I like to also keep my age private sometimes because some people think I might be too young.

If you had mentioned your age anywhere on your profile or gig, remove it because it can change peoples impression on you.

I remember I used to work on photoshop since I was in year 7 and I learnt it myself but I know if people knew that I was a young little girl they might not like it even though nowadays I look back at my old work and see that I was very good at photoshop editing.

Second thing it can take long for everyone to get someone to buy their gig. I’ve been here for I think 20 days and got nothing out of fiverr yet but I should not quit because everything has it’s own time.