I'm sick of the 'long term business relationship' promise!

nancy_chr

Come on people, we sellers don’t buy that anymore. We know that you only want a better deal and then you just disappear. When you ask for too much for $5 with a promise of ‘more work to come’ it’s like a little bell ringing in a seller’s head that says 'THEY’RE LYING!'

A buyer that truly has more work to offer hardly ever mentions that from the beginning. My experience on Fiverr is that, they order as normal first, and then order again and again and after 5-6 orders they might mention that there is more work to come.

So, next time, please don’t bother using the ‘more work to come’ promise, unless you mean it…

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve had both, but more returns than not. The reason for this is that I state I don’t over deliver.

I let them know this and let my work stand on it’s own in terms of quality, and this usually allows repeat clients since the ‘Ones looking for something for nothing’ generally either become regular clients as promised, or simply move on. Another reason why I don’t recommend over delivery. It’s usually a let down for you. 😉

I’ve had both, but more returns than not. The reason for this is that I state I don’t over deliver.

I let them know this and let my work stand on it’s own in terms of quality, and this usually allows repeat clients since the ‘Ones looking for something for nothing’ generally either become regular clients as promised, or simply move on. Another reason why I don’t recommend over delivery. It’s usually a let down for you. 😉

I’ve had a mixed experience with this too but I’ve started to know when a buyer is lying or not. If they’re after much more than my gig promises for $5 and say that they have more work if I do it, I apologise that I can’t do the extra work and will deliver as stated in my gig title and description. If they simply state at the end of their order that they are ordering this as a trial then, from experience, they’re usually telling the truth. They don’t ask for more than the gig describes, they don’t ask for the rush and they wait patiently for me to deliver - and leave feedback afterwards and come back for more.

But, like bigbadbilly, I don’t over deliver. I offer my best quality work and stick to everything my gig description says. I’ve had the odd one where I’ve written over the word count I state by a few words because it’s needed it for quality purposes but that’s all.

I’ve had a mixed experience with this too but I’ve started to know when a buyer is lying or not. If they’re after much more than my gig promises for $5 and say that they have more work if I do it, I apologise that I can’t do the extra work and will deliver as stated in my gig title and description. If they simply state at the end of their order that they are ordering this as a trial then, from experience, they’re usually telling the truth. They don’t ask for more than the gig describes, they don’t ask for the rush and they wait patiently for me to deliver - and leave feedback afterwards and come back for more.

But, like bigbadbilly, I don’t over deliver. I offer my best quality work and stick to everything my gig description says. I’ve had the odd one where I’ve written over the word count I state by a few words because it’s needed it for quality purposes but that’s all.

Archived